Cosplay you saw at 2010 you weren't expecting & were happy to see

Started by AR-99, June 02, 2010, 09:21:14 PM

AR-99

I am somewhat behind with a lot of the more recent anime (e.g. Vocaloid [doh, not an anime], Hetalia) since I was more on top of the scene when I was younger, so I was pleasantly surprised to see some folks who were also into some old skool titles come out and represent:

-Gally from Battle Angel/GUNNM (my favorite manga)
-Iria from Iria: Zeiram the Animation
-Belldandy from Oh My Goddess (same person did Iria the previous day)
-Captain Harlock and La Mime (and Emeraldas at the Masquerade)
-Miyuki from You're Under Arrest
-All the Ranma ½ cosplayers (was my ATF series at one point)
-1 person I found who was Battle Royale
-Kuja from FF IX (didn't really see anyone else doing FF IX)
-the Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro (very creative!)
-Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke (finally someone from the movie other than San and Ashitaka)
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

pikaachi

BTW Vocaloid isn't an anime :P

I only got one off the top of my mind:

Dokuro chan and the other angel from Bokusatsu Tenshin!

Beastcub

the deku and poe shop guy from legend of zelda, also skullkid w/out the majora mask. there were also many other great zelda cosplays but those were 3 i had never seen done before and they were not rush jobs either.

the super yoai brothers also gave me a good giggle as the unique take on the outfits caught me off gaurd.

Kyra_Maverick

Did the Miyuki you saw happen to be a man? I know thats a weird question, but my friend Alan did Miyuki, so I'm wondering if it's him you saw.

Speaking of Zelda, I saw an awesome Makar cosplayer.

Vasyenka

Husky from +Anima.
Catwoman from... well, Catwoman.
Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary in his Heaven uniform.
Beast from Kuroshitsuji.

Obscure cosplays make me incredibly happy~ <3
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Jenius

The Catbus for sure.
Celty! Had only seen photos, never saw anyone irl til this weekend.
Belldandy.

A few others I had expected to see, but enjoyed the quality.. some nice work this year!

Aoi Memori

Ryoko and Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo... and here I thought no one even knew the series or it was too old to be cosplayed DX The Zelda people made my life better~! <3 So did the Bleach group XD
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
Umineko Maria/KH Xion - Saturday
Evangelion Sun dress Asuka- Sunday
KH Xion - Monday

Nina Star 9

Ryoko and Mihoshi made my day, for sure! I used to be a huuuuuge Tenchi fan when I was younger.

Aoi Memori

I stalked the Ryoko into Jack in the Box cuz I had seen her walk by (and had quite the fangirl moment because she's like the favorite character in my book)... I knew I wasn't gonna run into her again (and I didn't) so yeah @___@
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
KH Xion - Monday

aznmagic2015

The Princess Tutu group I ran into in the elevator made my day. I fanboyed all over them. The person cosplaying as Edel even had a working music box.

Nina Star 9

That's too bad! I ran into her in the Dealer's Room and talked to her for a little bit. She was really nice. :D

Other cosplays that made my day:
- Cody Hackins *______* He was great!
- Morgan Fey, mostly because of the crazy wig. <3
- All the little kids cosplayers! They were super adorable. :D

Beastcub

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 02, 2010, 10:21:10 PM
Ryoko and Mihoshi made my day, for sure! I used to be a huuuuuge Tenchi fan when I was younger.

nawww i missed them, and its too bad i missed them and that you missed me, because i brought my ryo-oki D:
i was in my ryo-oki mascot style costume for a few hours after dark on saturday, i wanted to give her more exposure than that but the costume is so huge and so hot X_X

Jenius

Quote from: Aoi Memori on June 02, 2010, 10:20:16 PM
Ryoko and Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo... and here I thought no one even knew the series or it was too old to be cosplayed DX The Zelda people made my life better~! <3 So did the Bleach group XD

Holy crap, how'd I miss them? They make it up inside? Or mostly down or outside...?

Arnaud Rayber

-Mojo Jojo from powerpuff girls
-Vulcan 300 from Zatch Bell (enjoyed this the most)
-That catbus thing

Saw these and went "what the heck... I know I should've expected some 'unique' things at fanime but seriously...? this is so cool O.O"

LordMoufMouf

Aoi Memori

Quote from: Jenius on June 02, 2010, 10:46:29 PM
Quote from: Aoi Memori on June 02, 2010, 10:20:16 PM

Holy crap, how'd I miss them? They make it up inside? Or mostly down or outside...?

Erm... for what are we talking about? Cuz if we're talking either Zelda or Bleach, the gatherings were both outside on Saturday and Sunday....
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
KH Xion - Monday

spookdy

I'm gonna agree, the Vulcan 3000 came out of nowhere and was so amazingly done.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

AR-99

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on June 02, 2010, 09:49:16 PM
Did the Miyuki you saw happen to be a man? I know thats a weird question, but my friend Alan did Miyuki, so I'm wondering if it's him you saw.
That was probably him then. Guy with long hair and glasses? Good thing I saw the Bokuto Police Station shoulder patch, that was the tipoff.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

Knightfire

There was alot of really good street fighter cosplay this year, especially the dude cosplaying Dhalsim
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Green_Tea

Besides what was already said

Love love loved - POPE MARIO!

He came over and "prayed" with us.

Also I thought the Chinese Dragon style Gyrrados was pretty sweet.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%