Cosplay you saw at 2010 you weren't expecting & were happy to see

Started by AR-99, June 02, 2010, 09:21:14 PM

LastExile

The plethora of Shizuo cosplayers from Durarara!!.

I already knew a lot were coming, but I didn't expect that many, so it was really exciting to see all of them. :D

Dany

Quote from: Shear_Trigger on June 02, 2010, 09:21:14 PM
-Captain Harlock and La Mime (and Emeraldas at the Masquerade)

Hee...that was us!  My hubby was Harlock and I was both Miime and Emeraldas. Glad you were happy to see the costumes..there's not always enough love for old skool ;)

Interestingly enough... I learned over the course of my watching of all the series that La Mime and Miime (or Mimay) are similar but...not quite alike. La Mime in Harlock SSX and My Youth in Arcadia has a black bodysuit, blonde hair and human-toned skin. Miime (no La before her name) in the Harlock main series is as you saw her on Sunday :)  They both have the flat eyes and no mouth, however!

My personal favorite unexpected costume of the weekend: the Potter Puppet Pals. I squeed when I saw them. I fully, and proudly, admit it!  "bother bother bother bother bother.."
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

koji

Melly

the Ren (from NANA) that my Nana O ran into...

and my REAL LIFE TAKUMI OMG. /CRIES.

i miss him ;~;.

i know my friend i was with was stoked to see a Noodle and a 2-D xDD

FireDracon

bahamutknightzero

Ones that I remember catching photos of

Libra Dohko (Saint Seiya)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Mr Champloo (Disgaea 3)
Locke *Amano art version* (Final Fantasy 6)

Ryo_Hellsing

Ryoko and Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo! I remember seeing them walk by and I stood still in my tracks, in pure shock and awe XD

Potter Puppet Pals was another one that made my year!

Wonderly

I saw a Noodle and 2D from Gorillaz, and I almost died of happiness. But I was too shy (AKA fangirly, and didn't want to scare her off) to say much to the Noodle, and barely said anything to the 2D, because of shyness xD which is odd, because I have a very outgoing personality.

Kamen Rider Tag

Easy.  Hidari Shotaro from Kamen Rider W.  I took a picture with one Shotaro cosplayer and saw a picture of a female Shotaro along with a female Philip there.

Finding tokusatsu cosplays is a rarity in anime conventions IMO, so that was an awesome surprise.

Melly

Quote from: Wonderly on June 03, 2010, 03:36:55 PM
I saw a Noodle and 2D from Gorillaz, and I almost died of happiness. But I was too shy (AKA fangirly, and didn't want to scare her off) to say much to the Noodle, and barely said anything to the 2D, because of shyness xD which is odd, because I have a very outgoing personality.

I SAID THAT FOR YOU SILLY BUMBUM.

AR-99

Quote from: Dany on June 03, 2010, 11:45:57 AM
Quote from: Shear_Trigger on June 02, 2010, 09:21:14 PM
-Captain Harlock and La Mime (and Emeraldas at the Masquerade)

Hee...that was us!  My hubby was Harlock and I was both Miime and Emeraldas. Glad you were happy to see the costumes..there's not always enough love for old skool ;)
I saw you guys at the Cherry Blossom Festival and thought I might see you again! There were several people from the NCCBF at Fanime. I'm glad to see that both of you are getting recognized for your efforts.  ;D

BTW, one of the staffers who was working the signings was mentioning that he was dressed up as Harlock when the staff had their own signing session with FLOW. The band signed his belt and blaster! How cool was that! And it could have been your husband! Those guys for sure are into the old skool, 2 of the 5 of them remarked on my Fist of the North Star shirt that I wore to their signing on Saturday.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

Wonderly

Quote from: Melly on June 03, 2010, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: Wonderly on June 03, 2010, 03:36:55 PM

I SAID THAT FOR YOU SILLY BUMBUM.

I KNOW BUT I WANTED TO BE COOL AND POST HERE TOO D:

Aoi Memori

Now that I think about it more: Hoshi and Sister from Arakawa under the bridge? Those two where epic XD
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
Umineko Maria/KH Xion - Saturday
Evangelion Sun dress Asuka- Sunday
KH Xion - Monday

Menchi

I was pleased to see Sister and Hoshii from Arakawa Under the Bridge. 

Piccahoe

The Mongoose from Nodame!! Only saw the cosplay on the first day tho.
"Its not that I'm smart, its because I (am able to) stick to the problems."

-Albert Einstein

EJAY420

I was looking for ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE cosplayers but no luck. Did u take some pics??  Did anyone check out that Super Boo  DBZ dude? LMAO!!
Most Impressive.

Logik

-Harry Dresden of The Dresden Files
-CTU agent
-Alan Garner from The Hangover
-The Prince (of Persia), and done really well might I add

Almost all of these had nothing to do with anime or video games. :D They were still more than welcome.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

duzellkitty

-Elphaba from Wicked
- Tank Girl
-Dr. Who
- And freaking QUAIL MAN!!!!

OMG so awesome!!!
Granny Weatherwax didn't hold with looking at the future, but now she could feel the future looking at her. She didn't like its expression at all.
-Wyrd Sisters

Pengin-san

Saw a Neuro (well, actually Geuro), Godai and Sai from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro!  I felt so alone in my cosplay because I hadn't seen anybody else from the series, but we were able to complete all of the characters!
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Green_Tea

Quote from: duzellkitty on June 04, 2010, 01:53:57 AM
-Elphaba from Wicked
- Tank Girl
-Dr. Who
- And freaking QUAIL MAN!!!!

OMG so awesome!!!

OMG there was a Quail Man and I did not see it?

I used to be in love with that show as a kid.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%