A general Thank You

Started by otakuya, June 02, 2010, 10:29:42 PM

otakuya

In general, I'd like to say thank you to the hard working staff and volunteers of FanimeCon for making the convention possible. I know from an recreation and event planner's standpoint, nothing will go smoothly and there will always be criticism and complaints. I'd still like to express my greatest thanks and acknowledgement for all of the things the staff and volunteers have done for the convention and the attendants of the convention. Without you, FanimeCon would not be what it is today. I don't believe the people behind the scenes get enough exposure, respect, and praise for everything they have done, and to maintain the classic "By Fans, For Fans" philosophy. From an attendant's position (not from the staff/vols to attendants, but attendants to staff/vols), I'd like to especially say thank you.

EDIT: Thank you to all staff, vols, guests, attendants, etc. for supporting the American Red Cross as this year's charity to help natural disaster victims.

Also thank you to the Team San Jose, San Jose Convention Center, Civic Auditorium, Hilton, Marriott, and Fairmont hotels and staff for providing us a welcoming venue for such a large collection of people. It is because of the collaboration of the convention and the city that it is an event where people from all over the world will travel for. Thank you again for posting the banners that are still hanging downtown as of Wednesday, symbolizing that FanimeCon is now a San Jose tradition. Thank you too to convention center security and the San Jose Police/Fire departments for always being ready for emergencies and keeping things safe(r).

What's been forgotten since FanimeCon moved to San Jose is that the convention is held on Memorial Day weekend and I'd also like to acknowledge all of the fallen men and women in the military who dedicated their lives for the freedoms we have today, such as having conventions like these (maybe we can play the national anthem during opening ceremonies or masquerade?). FanimeCon salutes you all.

[Please, no bashing or criticism on this thread, just sincere thank yous and well-wishes.]

Aeredon

I'd like to add to this also by saying thank you to the attendees. I'm incredibly grateful to be able to share the con experience with all of you. I feel really lucky to actually get the chance to meet every one that I've met at Fanime, even if we only exchanged a few words to each other and parted ways.

I'd also like to thank all the photographers (professional or not) for capturing the beautiful, ugly, and hilarious moments that we can look back on.

Thank you everyone for giving me something incredible to remember.

Impulse

I want to thank anyone who stopped and talked to me about anything. I was depressed during the con and you guys just talking to me made me feel better. :)
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.