Spin the Bottle

Started by Impulse, June 02, 2010, 10:37:04 PM

duzellkitty

:P Well inform me if you guys do one next year, I'd like to play. 
* duzellkitty may or may not be a yaoi fangirl....
Granny Weatherwax didn't hold with looking at the future, but now she could feel the future looking at her. She didn't like its expression at all.
-Wyrd Sisters

Mango Bunny

My friend joined in! I sat there and watched. He mostly only got girls, which was kind of funny due to various circumstances.

Sora

I will inform people about it, once the con gets closer next year. But, like I said, it'd be in a more private setting.
"Don't give me any orders."

Aelia

I would like to point out that if we had to stop it at 2010 Fanime, then it's probably going to get stopped again at 2011 Fanime. (And we will likely stop it sooner, since we train from past experiences)

When you say "more private setting" I'm going to hope that you mean "nowhere that fanimecon will be liable for anything that occurs". (And by that I mean taking it to a park, or somewhere outside*).

Really, what I'm saying is that it's not really a good idea to bring it back, because there are a lot of potential issues (including, but not limited to mono/herpes)

* outside is, of course, under SJPD jurisdiction, so you'd answer to them if someone was bothered by it.
Director of Operations

Sora

I meant "somewhere where Fanime wouldn't be liable", yeah. But, it'd probably be a little smaller too. who knows.

Mango Bunny

Like a hotel room, orrr...?? Either way, I think some of the fun was the spontaneity of it!

Daph

That and the horrified looks by the spectators.

duzellkitty

If you guys do end up playing you should check IDs or something beforehand.  Always best to avoid contributing to the delinquency of minors and all that. :P
Granny Weatherwax didn't hold with looking at the future, but now she could feel the future looking at her. She didn't like its expression at all.
-Wyrd Sisters

Deflare

The main problem I saw with the Spin the Bottle game was... well... *eyeballs the thread about Con Sickness* Yeah. Lip-to-lip contact with lots of strangers=disease breeding ground. 'Tis the main reason why I didn't join in.
Cosplays: 2008: Light Yagami (Death Note), Nicholas D. Wolfood (Trigun) 2010: Luigi (Mario Bros.), Spirit Albarn (Soul Eater) 2011: Detective Gumshoe (Ace Attorney), John Egbert (Homestuck)

Impulse

I liked how the one asian audience homophobe and the guy in the black shirt and brown hat were "arguing"

AznGuy: This isn't Fagime!
Guy with Brw hat: FAGIME RULES!
Everyone laughs and a guy kisses him on his turn.

10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Sora

Quote from: Mango Bunny on June 05, 2010, 10:46:53 PM
Like a hotel room, orrr...?? Either way, I think some of the fun was the spontaneity of it!

I haven't decided, but I'll know before next year. Also, is anyone here going to Y-con? (I know this is off-topic of fanime) I'm hosting a spin the bottle there. XD

Aelia

So, the thing about this whole game is that it's really a very bad idea.

1) FanimeCon can't allow it in the convention center.
2) FanimeCon does not condone "room parties" or "hotel parties" or any form of parties, really. This includes semi-organized events in hotel rooms. And not-organized-at-all-events. (That, and when the hotels have issues with rowdy congoers, they tend to take it out on us the next year around... you guys heard about the waivers in the Hilton, I'm sure)
3) All it takes is the wrong person hearing about an 18+ person kissing a minor and you could be in a lot of trouble.
4) Con-Plague, Mono, Herpes, etc.
5) Do you really want to kiss strangers? (Eww)

So... err... don't do it. If you insist on doing it, please be aware that there could be very serious consequences for it, and please stop planning it on the forums here.
Director of Operations

Glitch

And while were at it, why don't we also have an orgy? Anything is legal at fanime as long as it's fun.[/sarcasm]

Xepherian

so you guys were making all the damn ruckus while me and a congoer were playing hours and hours of airhockey.

jerks.

Sora

I didn't participate in this event, so count me out.

Jerry

Quote from: Aelia on June 09, 2010, 01:38:04 PM
So, the thing about this whole game is that it's really a very bad idea.

1) FanimeCon can't allow it in the convention center.
2) FanimeCon does not condone "room parties" or "hotel parties" or any form of parties, really. This includes semi-organized events in hotel rooms. And not-organized-at-all-events. (That, and when the hotels have issues with rowdy congoers, they tend to take it out on us the next year around... you guys heard about the waivers in the Hilton, I'm sure)
3) All it takes is the wrong person hearing about an 18+ person kissing a minor and you could be in a lot of trouble.
4) Con-Plague, Mono, Herpes, etc.
5) Do you really want to kiss strangers? (Eww)

So... err... don't do it. If you insist on doing it, please be aware that there could be very serious consequences for it, and please stop planning it on the forums here.

As much as I dont want to be a party pooper :P 

This is Quoted for emphasis.  I'm honestly surprised with us breaking up hug lines and crowds... that this spin the bottle managed to happen.

please think of the children! [seriously there are minors about] and I'd really not want to have a crazed parent shut down fanime because their kids got cooties from a spin the bottle game that was not sanctioned by Fanime Execs.

Sorry, but you REALLY REALLY shouldnt play this game. at least not at Fanime public areas.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

spin the bottle is a private game....and exhibit hall 3 is not private.....save it for places you live and people that you know...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jelly Soup

Quote from: ewu on June 11, 2010, 03:34:20 PM
spin the bottle is a private game....and exhibit hall 3 is not private.....save it for places you live and people that you know...

Or areas that you personally have paid for, such as a hotel room.

Tony

Uh... so I guess I'll lock this...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014