What if there was an Otaku University

Started by venka21, June 03, 2010, 01:09:45 PM

JohnnyAR

Quote from: LordKefka on June 08, 2010, 01:09:37 PM
I love how you guys slowly started realizing things and the idea went from being an ideal dream to a nightmare ROFL

Never liked the idea...

Shinsengumi

I would apply for it but then again it would be a nightmare. I don't think it would be a good idea.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

venka21

People on other forums have actually liked this idea and thought it might be fun to do.

I can't say it would work in reality because odds are it wouldn't. However it would be interesting to see as a fan manga such like Aoi house or maybe an RPG.
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: venka21 on June 14, 2010, 12:51:41 AM
People on other forums have actually liked this idea and thought it might be fun to do.

I can't say it would work in reality because odds are it wouldn't. However it would be interesting to see as a fan manga such like Aoi house or maybe an RPG.

Thats because they are all Weeaboos =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: venka21 on June 14, 2010, 12:51:41 AM

I suddenly have this hatred that I need to vent.

pSyChOgArDeN

A definite RPG lol

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

G.I.R

otakuya

Well, there's a reason for anime clubs in college and high schools. Many anime conventions start because of them like Fanime.

Back to OU classes, I bet there'll be a class on FAILing. I'd pass that.

Class schedule? Refer to the Fanime program guide.

cesspooloflight

What would the mascot be? I would think an Otaku University would be mad expensive.

venka21

A chibi...or a animal girl like a cat girl or a Kitsune girl.
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

monikamilani

Well, I know I'd apply =DD That would be fun ;DD
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Rhornez

somehow this just reminds me if Baka To Test To Shoukanju was real...i wanna go to that school :D

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

PyronIkari

Odds are it... would work, it's called a specialty school. The school itself would work... what would result from going there is pretty much nothing though.

You realize there's VA schools, art schools, etc. already right? You're just saying let's combine them.

"Anime business" are you dumb? Anime business is the same as regular business, what would be different? The business aspect is the same, regardless of what the subject matter is.

So what is the point of this? To combine a bunch of different trade schools? I don't see what you're getting at in this thread.

You missed the point in accepted if you think you can even closely apply it at all to this idea. The idea behind accepted was that, there are different ways to teach and learn, and the idea that one MUST go to a sanctioned college with the idea that, books, diplomas, and professors are the only way to gain anything in this society shouldn't be the truth.

Unfortunately, it is the truth, because no one will give a fuck if you go to this joke "university" compared to going to an established trade school in VA.

SOME FUN THINGS TO NOTE... more than 95% of people that go to VA schools don't get into VAs. The majority that make it, don't do well as VAs and even those that eventually do take years to make it a stable job. Most VAs work two jobs upwards to 10-15 years(talking the professional ones that make it big).

So again, you weeaboos can discuss the idea and be like "OMG IT'S SOOOOOO COOL!" and then the haters can talk about "but think about how gross it would be!!!" neither of which apply a god damned bit to the reality of things. Yay, reality, you people should try living in it.

kyochan

Hey, you gotta try stuff at least once before making any judgements right? In this case, I'll definitely join, even though it's almost certain that this idea will crash and burn. ...epic... xD
Mah dead branches will pwn joo! >=D<br /> - Kyochan

AuroraDreamer

I feel this college would be like the one in Accepted. XD

otakuya

I was bored while playing NCAA Football 11, so...

and

It looks better in-game and in motion with the ESPN tickers.
I made a whole league full of conventions. ("Peter Moore" is the default coach name)

Yeah, I was bored, lol

monikamilani

All I said was that I'd apply xD No need for calling all of us weaaboo's LOL + I was just imagining what it would be like, yeah?
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

nerd-chan

It would never work out, but it's fun to daydream about. Life is boring if you live in reality all the time. :)

Throwfox

I think if it did exist then when you went to class you would have to be in cosplay--

oh yeah- Cosplay FTW!!!

fishesloverice?

That would be awesome  ;D
I would so apply!
私の最後の意志で!