Stories from Fanime 2010

Started by Nephilim, June 04, 2010, 07:29:24 PM

Impulse

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on June 11, 2010, 02:07:33 AM
DJMAX Technika roulette...too bad most of our attempts ended in some sort of failure. :(

Was it Saturday or Sunday you played? Also do you recall 4 guys playing, one with long hair in a ponytail? One  with long hair and a beanie? One overweight with a stache and a white guy?
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

BrightHeart76

My cosplay group organized a little meet up on Friday night at 10 p.m. so that people would have a chance to know who their fellow cosplayers were.  I expected 3 or 4 people to be honest.  Before I knew it I was suddenly surrounded by about 30 people for this meet up.  It was amazing.  Probably the most fun I had at the convention. 

Some people joined who weren't in our group, but they made it even more fun.  I have pictures of some guy using my BrightHeart doll as a projectile from a rocket launcher.  There's a picture somewhere of another person pretending to eat my BrightHeart doll.  There was an ongoing battle for a box of cheese-its.  I had so much fun, and I totally wasn't expecting to have a lot of fun right then. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jelly Soup

Ended up selling various peoples items at the Swap Meet, including my own. It was honestly the most fun I'd had the entire weekend (my friends and I joked about how I had the more fun working than not working). Met many a strange person that night (which is awesome), from a guy who had a religious tattoo with the Star Trek symbol in the center on this chest, to a few people I'd met a few times from my universities anime club, to a few creepy old guys who were clearly leering at women (which I reported...that's a bit...much..).

Got to spend and afternoon wondering around San Jose with a few friends I only get to see twice a year. Cherished time is happy time. One friend was so tired when I ran into him, he mistook the cigar I handed him for chocolate and tried to eat it. Hilarity ensued (I'm eternally glad I didn't lite the thing first 0_0).

And I was introduced to Guyver and Casshan, both of which I'm greatly enjoying.

MetalPriestess

When I was in my blue female soldier (TF2) cosplay on sunday, some guy told me I had nice boobs. xD

Then later a parent asked if their little kid could take a picture with me.  Um, little kids play TF2 now?  It was probably the rocket launcher actually.

Armored-Heart

1. I was walking around Dealer's Hall in my Soul cosplay when suddenly I heard the sound of squeeing and some girls yell "SOUL!", and then a second later I was being glomped and hugged, and there was more squeeing. Then they all ran away before I could even react. xD;

2. Two of my friends (one of which was wearing her "FREE HUGS" shirt) and I were going back to our hotel room. Our neighbors were having a random hallway party and we exchanged hellos before going into our room. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and when we opened it they were all "HEY. WHERE'S OUR FREE HUG?" So my friend went and hugged them all. xD If you guys are reading this, you're awesome!

3. Lost my Pokewalker with Kamina (my Beedrill lmao) in it. Searched everywhere and was very upset, then turns out it was simply on the floor of the hotel room. Fail. (And I'd called my friends I was rooming with asking them to look for it while I searched Dealer's Hall, but they said they were being lazy and didn't feel like it. THANKS FOR TAKING LIKE 3 SECONDS TO LOOK AT THE FLOOR, GUYS. *slapped*)
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Mi Feng

Getting breakfast Saturday morning.
Lady: "What black hole was I sucked into?" XD

Dinner at Johnny Rockets.
Congoer: "Is it usually this busy?"
Employee: "Naw, not really."

animeangelfish

This con was very fun overall...I'm pretty sure only a few people will get this but....

"You're AWESOME -double thumbs up-"
"Yeah, don't you know who he is?!" :P that was a favorite. one person took us seriously. what a riot.

I really enjoyed the Dating panel with Ric and Karen. as well as Iron Fanime. Iron Fanime had some spots but overall it was hilarious ( I was at another event during Whose Line...)  "SPPPOOOOOOON"

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Lizchan33

My story is a bit of a staff story ._.
I was walking around on shift and had to tell someone they can't have signs that solicit and they were totally cool with me and say I was the most awesome staffer they met and gave me hugs :3
It was late on Saturday or Sunday, But I'd have to say they totally made my day and made me want to keep being a Rover for next year too. :D

Somebody

I just remembered something silly that happened~
One night (I don't remember which) I asked one of the guys in my group to walk me back to my room (it was late and all the creepy people around make me nervous >~<') and just as we left Stage Zero a group walked by singing Bohemian Rhapsody. We promptly joined them as they were walking the same direction we were headed, and the pair of us sang along. (Although, I only really knew the parts used in DGM abridged, he knew the whole thing since they sing it in his choir group xD) Fun times~
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

monikamilani

... all of my stories are funnier if I tell it in person =(( LOL
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Jelly Soup

How could I forget about the Pokewalkers.

When I had initially gotten my copy of SoulSilver, I thought that Pokewalker was the stupidest thing Pokemon had done on a long line of stupid things. But, I figured I'd fire it up for Fanime. So glade I did, I met a lot of really nice people. I ended up throwing in a Magnamite, which I had nicknamed FanimeCon. Turns out a lot of people thought that was really funny.

A little bit ago, I read something about the Pokewalker I didn't know. Apparently, when you put a Pokemon in it, it takes note of your current team. When you use it on someone, a copy of that someones team is added to the training school in Veridian City. I got to battle the last 10 people I had connected with and I remembered many of the names.

Fanime memories are fun memories.

explosive_artist

I was on my way to the convention center, thinking that there was going to be a long-arse line. BUT NO! My companion and myself slid in like buttah and got our badges with swiftness and agility. Best, feeling, ever
Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

solipoo

since i'm a gaia-tard and all that, i was super excited to meet lanzer randomly in the artists alley :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs336.ash1/28958_399887214171_506264171_3968686_6469620_n.jpg

also, i didn't cosplay this year, but some random teenage guy stopped me in one of the hotels and was all like "oh my god your costume is so good, did you make it yourself?" i was just wearing stuff i normally wear, so i was confused about what he was talking about.