Hug/Dance Line
12 (8.2%)
Hotel Checkouts @ Monday
5 (3.4%)
Other (Please Specify)
17 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Kupo

There must be something you don't like about the convention, but what is the most irritating thing that you really don't like this year at FanimeCon 2010?

chococlatte

Haha, this isn't specific to fanime, but the fact that I spent four hours at that lolita event at the fairmont.  Never ever again.

Nephilim

I went with the protesters. All the others I kind of half-expect at any con, but the protesters are a nuisance that I've yet to get used to.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

chifunii

PCD and spending lots of money are tied.
The protesters you learnto tolerate lol
But none of those things above are FanimeCon's fault, per se, but it sucks to have to deal with the depression and the empty wallet...
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Sora

I had a number of disliked things. One was the fact that I had no money to buy anything, either at swap meet or dealer's room. Another was the slow elevators, then leaving the con...
"Don't give me any orders."

Lizchan33

post con depression for sure.... And attendees lack of polite-ness I was the nicest staffer I could be but not all of them were polite back.....;_;

morgaine

Post-con depression!  I had so much fun this year ;______;
Fanime 2019
TBD

Nina Star 9

My ordeal with the Fairmont. ;o; Not Fanime's fault, but still...

Other than that, the cost, the PCD, the not seeing some of my friends/not seeing them for very long, etc. The usual stuff.

Oh! And my left eye going crazy on me so I couldn't wear false eyelashes Saturday or Sunday and could hardly even wear the mildest eyeliner I've ever used on Saturday, especially when I was cosplaying a character that pretty much requires huge eyelashes and such on Saturday and had a specific pair of falsies I had bought just for the dress I wore Sunday. ;o; I have a feeling that my eyes aren't defined enough in all the pics taken of my on Saturday.

heeroyuy135

Not having multiple FLOW and LM.C autograph sessions.
Dealing with some real-life problems while at the convention (which all was settled in time to still have fun).
Waiting on the elevators at the Marriott.

r3za1264

Dragon Ninja

-Losing my camera's battery charger and not getting to take more pictures on Sunday and Monday
-Losing my wallet again as I was at the train station and having to replace everything again
-Forgetting my medication
-Purchasing a DVD only to lose it

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Impulse

I understand that the Vols. are doing their job but they denied a crippled person access through an exit and s/he was on crutches. I understand the traffic flow of people but at least let those who are handicap in through convenient points. 
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Knightfire

Items at the swap meet felt really over priced this year... but that was just me. The only other thing I disliked wasn't directly fanime's fault, and that was not being able to stay in a hotel room this year.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Raydere

- Disorganized gatherings list (I missed the When They Cry gathering as a result)
- Console Gaming; as mentioned here, there was so much fighting game action going on that those who don't play those kind of games were left with maybe 3 TVs with not-as-competitive games and Ikaruga)
- Confusing directions to the info desks. I didn't know that the one next to the gaming room, for instance, was only temporary; a sign indicating to go to the Stage Zero desk, for instance, would've been nice.
- Protesters, though that is beyond congoers' or staff's control.
- Lack of Dealer's Room booths that sold games.
- Whoever abused the stick for DeathSmiles at the Aksys booth. As someone who abhors the stock 360 controller, that meant no DeathSmiles at all for me from Sunday onwards.
- My roommate trying to troll me by attempting to spoil Persona 4.
- Miscalibrated DJMAX Technika touch screen. I got 35 misses on a song that I should be able to full-combo.
- PCD; after this I won't be attending any major cons until Fanime next year. AX is no-go due to having gone to Sakura-Con this year, Sakura-Con next year as well as it's well outside of my univ's spring break, and Yaoi-Con is less of a "big" con and more of a specialized one.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Knightfire on June 05, 2010, 01:45:44 AM
Items at the swap meet felt really over priced this year... but that was just me.
Same here. :/ People didn't seem as willing to haggle, either.

Then again, I went for some items that would be just as or more expensive online (Legend of Mana for $50, for example), but I seem to expect the swap meet to have cheaper prices than you would find online because people are looking for and expecting a deal on old junk being cleared out... but maybe that's just me.

The dealer's room also seemed more expensive this year. Last year, I got a pretty good sized My Melody plush for $9 (half off of $18), but this year, similar sized or smaller plushes were going for $25 or $30. :/

Knightfire

A miku plushy went for $90, most of it was fanboy tax. There were a couple items that went past 1k there this year.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Somebody

Yeah Swap meet was getting up there in price. Lots of pins and whatnot selling for exact price in dealer's room-although I'm not sure if they had anything Hetalia in the dealer's room since I never made it there for more than a Ramune T^T

Hug lines and people all coming up asking for hugs make me paranoid at night-makes me not like being in the Hilton, which I find pretty nice at any other time. The dancing on the sides also makes it harder to get through, but thankfully wasn't going on as often during the more crowded hours.

Mostly I think I'm bugged by this PCD-I have nothing fun to do for months now! T^T
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Knightfire on June 05, 2010, 12:06:17 PM
A miku plushy went for $90, most of it was fanboy tax. There were a couple items that went past 1k there this year.
Really? :O That's pretty crazy! I guess that swap meet prices aren't really regulated by anything, so people can charge whatever they want.

I never saw any hug or dance lines this year. :/ The hug line in '09 was pretty bad, and I'm really glad that it was gone, but people keep referencing them this year, and I never saw any. I also didn't get too many hug requests (except from my friends and from this really nice girl who was really excited to see me dressed as Ulala, since Space Channel 5 is her favourite game), but I typically turn them down anyway.

Rhornez

me losing 20$ and having to pay off my friends with the less money i had just because i "owe" them im not rooming with them next year

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Eri Kagami

Someone mentioned the Lolita event on this thread. Was the Lolita event ever part of Fanime or was it separate from Fanime? I never saw it listed in the program. I only found out about it while I was exploring the Fairmont during the ball.