Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

asngtrst

Quote from: HakureiSandwih on March 14, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
Quote from: asngtrst on March 03, 2011, 10:04:27 PM
I'm sorry for all the commotion!  Our band, SOLANIN, wish to play as an opener for Music Fest as a performance after our graduation.  We're also normal Fanime attendees.  We play at around Daly City, started at a high school, and played for our annual Sakura Festival a long time ago held at our high school as our first performance.  We grew a small fan base from that, and they've been following us since.  A friend told us that a fan found out that we've been practicing AKFG songs for a set list for a possible audition, and announced it to the whole anime club today.  A friend has also told me that 3 people suggested us and somebody thought it was "spammy".  But we assure you, that it wasn't our intention to "spam", just supportive fans who want to suggest.  If you wish, we will try to stop them from suggesting us, if you feel that a person suggesting us is a bother.  We're sorry, and we apologize for our fans for seeming "spammy". 

-Andrei from SOLANIN

Just wondering but was your name from the one shot manga called..well...Solanin?

Yes we are :]  too long to explain why we named ourselves Solanin. short ver: We were heavily influenced by AKFG, and we read Solanin, which we used for inspiration.  we made our own version for the lyrics Naruo Taneda wrote in the manga, then the trailer came out.  We were very excited, then we were even more surprised when AKFG played the theme for the movie adaptation.  oddly, it sounded similar. So we wanted to pay tribute to this moment, and remind us of how we really started as a band.
Huehuehuehuehue

dreachan!

Asian Kung Fu Generation
The Pillows
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT !! XD

HanaOkashii

goodness goodness goodness so many bands I'd love to see there
(although i wouldn't mind seeing LM.C again, lol. seriously, they were AMAZING!)

SuG
DOG inthe PWO
Alice Nine
Miyavi
Radwhimps
ViViD
vistlip (although maynot be possible seeing that they are busy with their great comeback)
Yamapi (don't judge me)

chifunii

Quote from: HanaOkashii on March 27, 2011, 01:38:03 AM
Yamapi (don't judge me)

hahaha, on the same boat 8) I really like his new song 'TOMO'.
So...catchy ; A ;
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Angelx624

Ohhhh man, would I die a very happy fangirl if Versailles came to Fanime~!!!!! I've become quite the fan of theirs in the past few months. Their music is truly epic, and if I could hear it live.......... OMG~!!! @////////@ And the members are just beyond gorgeous~!!!

Though, if you can't get them this year, that's ok~ ^^;; I am planning a Versailles cosplay group for next year at Fanime, so next year would be excellent~!! ;D But, just saying........ ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Megumi

I'd be happy if Fanime could get Yui. And it would be awesome if they could bring back Tamaki Nami.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Meirin on March 11, 2011, 11:25:22 PM
I feel like I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time, but I'd like to request Perfume. I'll probably request them every year until they actually attend. They give such amazing live performances that I think even non-anime fans would enjoy.

I AGREE.

They're a group of natural beauties who work hard and dance in high heels. They're admired by housewives in Japan and don't appear to be superficial compared to more mainstream groups like... Korean girls groups or AKB48, even though I know some of them have good morals.

littlecloudflower

I love anime music, so I have a list! :D

Wada Kouji (from Digimon!)
Ai Maeda (ditto)
Dream (They do a bunch of different animes, but I know them through Hikaru no Go.)
Yukari Tamura (Rika Furude in Higurashi...So cute!)
Junko Iwao (Tomoyo in Cardcaptor Sakura...Her voice is so angelic. It would be amazing to meet her!)
Kae Araki (Hikari from Digimon)
Houko Kuwashima (Pretty famous, but I know her as Filia from Slayers TRY)
Yuki Kajiura (amazing composer)
Megumi Hayashibara (Lina Inverse from Slayers, and also Ranma from Ranma 1/2, I believe.)
V6 (Inuyasha opening theme, anyone?)
BoA (Every Heart from Inuyasha)

xXDemonBoyXx

Buck-Tick or Vamps or Uverworld or Maximum the hormone or Orange Range or KanonXKanon or ViViD or Thee out mods or X Japa........

miyabi77

xdeath_bunnyx