Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

RisuKim

For this year I would think Dir en Grey, Pillows, Dig Jelly

Ryo_Hellsing

Hmmm so many bands to think of...

I would personally love:
1. Dir en Grey
2. The Pillows
3. Nightmare
4. Asian Kung Fu Generation

Rank

I've seen The Pillows a number of times in SF and LA (in '05 and '08 I believe) and they always put on a great show. It would be a dream come true to get them for Fanime '11.

asngtrst

i'd say ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION, but Masafumi Gotoh (lead singer and guitar) stated that he would love to start a US tour, so that might conflict with Fanime Music Fest, cause his recording company is being strict with him.  Masafumi said he's been trying to convince them to let AKFG play in the US. Just something that all AKFG fans should know, but hopefully we see them soon play at a club like The Slims.

It'll be cool to see The Pillows again. I saw them perform at The Slims like a week before Fanime '10.  They were awesome!! they toured with Pop Chocolat, Monokuro, and The Noodles.

I wish Fanime Music Fest '11 the best of luck!
Huehuehuehuehue

keitoghostie

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

BonjourHoney

Been said a million times already, but SuG looks like they'd be fun. =D
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

xaxafour

COOL&CREATE

also, Girl's Dead Monster which was mentioned earlier is actually a good idea

ongaku

I know it's not super likely, but LM.C again!! I would totally try to fly out there again to see them if they came back. They were amazing this year. I was so happy I made it out to see them.

Also,
Maximum the Hormone
SuG
Gackt 
;D

Ridiculissa

I think I've posted this in two other threads relating to 2011 guests...but since this one is specifically for MusicFest, I figure it wouldn't hurt to post it here too! :P

A band that I would LOVE to see perform at Fanimecon is Acid Black Cherry. Though the band has only been around for a few years, all the members have been in prior groups and are all skillful and talented musicians. Not only that, but the lead singer is a self-professed lover of manga and anime, and would probably love to perform at such an event. Fanimecon would be a perfect venue for them to debut their act in the US!

ayame_nguyen

samcarter

L'Arc~en~Ciel
Versailles
An Cafe (loved seeing them at Fanime)
Do As Infinity
Dir en Grey

and MOMOI <3 Kawaii!

But good luck and I'm sure it will be fun whoever you get <3
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

KyuuBob

-kip.

Glitch

I would love to see G∀LMET brought to fanime. They refer to themselves as melodic moe death metal.(they really emphasize the kawaii factor on their cd packaging) Cute lolitas playing metal is total win. Come on fanime,toss the metal heads a bone.  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EVCMnft2A8&feature=related

cottoncandymuffin

Second/third/fourth/whatever-th Asian Kung-fu Generation and Acid Black Cherry ;)

Amo-chan

Hmm I'm still begging for SuG or LM.C again.
SuG really seems like they would be fun. I do believe I've read an interview where they said they would completely love to visit america and I do believe they said they would try to go where ever they were asked.

LM.C was just amazing and it would be (another) dream come true to see Maya and Aiji again. They just released their single Let Me' Crazy so maybe a stop over here again would help promote them even more? Even thought their managment had super strict rules, their concert was completely amazing.

fishesloverice?

私の最後の意志で!

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div