Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

LimeLina

It would be great if Momoi would come back!
Anyways, I'm hopeful if ANY of these artists came to the con :D :
SID
D=OUT
Buck-Tick
The Gazette
Perfume
Kra
Piko!!!
Kokia
Spiv States  ;)
Kagrra,
Versailles
Namie Amuro
Dog in the Pwo
The Kiddie

chifunii

Quote from: LimeLina on December 20, 2010, 08:46:56 PM
It would be great if Momoi would come back!
Anyways, I'm hopeful if ANY of these artists came to the con :D :
SID
D=OUT
Buck-Tick
The Gazette
Perfume
Kra
Piko!!!
Kokia
Spiv States  ;)
Kagrra,
Versailles
Namie Amuro
Dog in the Pwo
The Kiddie

They're disbanded.......  :( :( :( :(
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

chifunii

(Elaboration on Kagrra,: Their demise is in march, when they play their last live on March 3rd, 2011).

But I'd live in a cardboard box for the rest of my life if Fanime were able to score Kagrra, as a MusicFest act this year.
A cardboard box.

iKuraudo

Bands/People I'd love to suggest:
Alice Nine, GazettE, Dir en Grey, SuG, GACKT (let me elaborate on Gackt) and Miyavi. :P

Now about Gackt, it would be really awesome if he could come to the US, but what people do not understand is that he is planning to come to North America in 2011. It has been "confirmed" by the man himself. While many of his fans patiently and yet some can be very impatient about his film releasing in the US. (Bunraku is what I'm speaking here.) Anyways, I do understand getting someone like him to come to Fanime could be rather difficult on behalf of he's very popular and a very busy man as several of you has mentioned.

If you would like me to link you guys to the interview that where Gackt himself has announced that he's planning on touring the US in 2011, feel free to drop me a mail. The other artists that I mentioned are some of my personal favorites as well.  ;D I'd be personally happy if anyone of those personally came to Fanime myself. (But, I really have been waiting and wanting to see a Gackt concert for a very long long time.) Besides, Gackt has a fairly large fanbase in California anyways.  ;D

kaileekei

Quote from: BerrySinh on December 16, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
THE GAZETTE~

THE GAZETTE!!!!!!!!
they're popular and a lot of people would come to the con

chifunii

Quote from: kaileekei on December 26, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
Quote from: BerrySinh on December 16, 2010, 05:20:24 PM
THE GAZETTE~

THE GAZETTE!!!!!!!!
they're popular and a lot of people would come to the con

I'd go bald to see them. >>; Siiiigh.
I don't know if they'll come though...They've said how they didn't really like being associated with anime so much. Like last time they went to Europe, they got questions involving anime and manga (ex. "who is your favorite character, etc.) that they didn't really relate to at all because they don't usually watch/read them.

I'd love to see them come though---I'm just cautious of if there were a Q&A and they were asked questions that they felt didn't relate at all to who they are as a band.

I've said too much.

---------------------

GACKT: I didn't know he'd come in 2011...now I will wait patiently. :D

BerrySinh

Or Paradeis... I just recently saw one of their videos loli lollipop? And they are super cute looking especially Mashiro, the singer! I would be very interested in seeing them in person! :D And the song is super catchy too :)

FanimeLoverMae

The Musicfest for '10 was soo much fun!!! Thanks for such a great year Fanime! :DD It was great to see Flow and Lm.c. And just as much fun to get to meet them for the autograph signing! Its funny though that my mom got to meet Flow inperson and actually talk to them when she was checking out of the hotel though <3.

I think if Giguramesh or Miyavi came I would Die of excitment!!

Wish we could have a Miku Hatsune concert but that probably won't happen >3<. Did anyone else go to the showing in SF? It was so much fun!

kaileekei

Quote from: BerrySinh on December 30, 2010, 01:32:16 AM
Or Paradeis... I just recently saw one of their videos loli lollipop? And they are super cute looking especially Mashiro, the singer! I would be very interested in seeing them in person! :D And the song is super catchy too :)

Yeah Paradeis would be such a fun concert!!!!!!
That'd be kinda fun to see them in person

Acid_Android

You can now follow MusicFest's official Twitter!

We'll be updating with guests announcements, contests and more.

[/shameless plug]

Okay, carry on  :) I'm still keeping tabs on suggestions :)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Kazuko

There needs to be some idols up in this beez!

I am going to suggest Momoiro Clover! They are cute, their songs are super upbeat and catchy and to one of my friends who has seen most of their lives and went back stage to meet them...they are very audience/people friendly and very interactive with audiences

Esp if you enjoy to wota \o/

Here is a link to one of their many songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7z9M0vFPbI

Tetsuo

Honestly, I think u guys should have miku perform.

And I mean ACTUALLY have.her preform. Break out the hologram screen and have her perform this year. And if possible, have the persona live in the velvet room too. I can guarantee it will be a.huge crowd pleaser.

Makoto

Too much VK.

Get some jrock with 9mm Parabellum Bullet or The Mirraz.

if not; then I agree with post that said Idols.

Berryz Kobou is perfect. (They are going to Sakuracon 1 month on April so its possible they can come to fanimecon)

Nina Star 9

I agree with too much VK. Fanime should branch out into other genres.

Idols would be good, but might be difficult to get and expensive. Everyone seems to enjoy Momoi, though, so more artists along those veins could be nice.

You guys aren't going to like my jazz suggestions (JiLL-Decoy association!! Do it!! They have such amazing and accesible music, it's not like some sort of ~lofty jazz~ that no one will like...the problem is that no one knows them, even just for their few anime OPs.), but what about something in the hip-hop or R&B vein? I'd go watch SONOMI or COMA-CHI in a heartbeat, and I know that there are a lot more J-urban artists out there.

And, since she's back under a new name, I have to suggest her! Amano Tsuki. She's done an original mini-album with light, nostalgac kind of music, a cover album of children's songs all in rather... unique ways (a metal/reggae hybrid London Bridge? Yeah!), a mini-album of self covers (from when she was Tsukiko), only she translated the songs into English, and a single that sounds pretty promising from the clip, moving back into her typical (but unique) rock style. She loves her fans, and she even reaches out to her overseas fans through English-language releases and an English-language blog. I have always maintained that she would be perfect, and I think that she would be an even better guest now that she is going back to her roots as a smaller indies artist, keeping in touch with her fans (especially her overseas fans!), and using her knowledge of English. Somehow, I have a feeling that she wouldn't be too opposed to performing a couple of old favourites to please the fans (especially considering her self-covers and that in a spinoff band wa~ay back in the day, she didn't mind doing self covers at lives), and I bet she has some new material to bring out.

Touya no Miko

Versailles, definitely. It be nice to see Kamijo come visit us again, but with the whole band this time.

Since the VK is overpowering, I will continue to suggest RADWIMPS. Or for more anime related, Sambomaster?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Kaori

Matsushita Yuya or any Johnny's Artist :P Hella biased, but they're good people to have!
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

PunkDrunker

And now for a real longshot: DETROX.

It'll never happen, but I would LOVE to see them live.

Freeden

GALNERYUS!!!!!

Edit: I will also once again throw in that I would love to see Elisa or Ali Project.

asngtrst

My band, Solanin, is interested in performing as an opening act if MusicFest is still taking locals.  If MusicFest is still taking locals, may we get some information please? thank you :]
Huehuehuehuehue