Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

violet_midnight

I know this hasn't been said to much yet, but I would love to start seeing older bands or musicians starting to come to the cons. Afterall, SOPHIA coming to AX last year and them being around for so long, I'd love to see that same support from Fanime.

That being said, Kiyoharu is someone I'd love to see. He's done a song for an anime (Wallflower), but his first band is also back together and released a new single earlier this month. I think he would be amazing.

darkknightcecil

yumicchi88

This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Hibari_Fangirl

Having LM.C back would be MORE than awesome.
Also:

SuG
Gazette

.......Matsushita Yuuya..... <3 (DRRR! and Kuroshitsuji)

LOL. SUPERCELL. XDDDDDDDDDD
FanimeCon'13 - Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagamine Len (Punkish, Revamped!Alice Human Sacrifice, Prince), Rainbow Dash (Genderbend), Alois Trancy (Revamped)

ctrlzproductions.deviantart.com

https://www.hetchrome.deviantart.com
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hetch

Mordyan

I really enjoyed LM.C and Flow last year.

Abingdon Boys School
Lc5
Dog in a Parallel world orchastra
exist†trace

GTK

I really Like LC5.  
Dog in the PWO would be interesting to see live.
Matenrou opera
Chemistry
"Hold esteem and animate"
"Respect to anime"
Momoi- Sunday Early Morning

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Inuashley

Seconding Abingdon Boys School, Gazette would be more than awesome, but unlikely.

Chaba - Kind of obscure, they did a few Naruto endings.

Aqua Timez - Star Driver, Bleach, Naruto, etc

Nico Touches the Walls - Did some Naruto op/ends, FMA, etc

That's all I can come up with that aren't the obvious, but highly unlikely to appear choices. xD
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

chifunii

hilchryme is really good too...they're more hip-hop, though, something a little different from what who've come so far.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Freeden

Don't know if anyone has talked about this, but I just discovered a new love for Kalafina, who are amazing. This after hearing their theme for Kara no Kyouki (Garden of Sinners). They've also done music for So-Ra-No-Wo-To (Op.)

I will also make another push for SID and Chemistry.

Kuudere

Quote from: Freeden on February 05, 2011, 10:51:40 PM
Don't know if anyone has talked about this, but I just discovered a new love for Kalafina, who are amazing. This after hearing their theme for Kara no Kyouki (Garden of Sinners). They've also done music for So-Ra-No-Wo-To (Op.)

I nominated Kalafina on the previous page, too. They're also featured in the ED of the currently airing Madoka Magica (which is awesome). It'd be great to hear them live.

Echoleon

I'd have to agree with the suggestions for Kalafina, Lia, and Mizuki Nana.

Other people that would be cool to see would be:
Chata (Clannad ending, Potemayo ending)
rita (Little Busters! opening) (ok, I admit that's really wishful thinking >_>)

It would also be cool to have the singer/group for the songs in Angel Beats, like LiSA or something.

Or it would be nice to see something like they did at AX '10, and get a hardcore DJ like REDALiCE or SHARPNEL. ^^;;

hayu_hayu

access (AXS) - They've been around forever (20 years this year), still have quite a strong fanbase, and they contributed "Doubt & Trust" to the D.Gray-Man anime, and "Hitomi no Tsubasa" to Code Geass. Daisuke Asakura, the founder, is also the producer and founder of T.M.Revolution, and he also composed for the Gravitation TV anime.

Fukuhara Miho - She's relatively well-known in Japan, and she did "LET IT OUT" for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

alan - She's quite popular in Japan, and she did "Diamond" for Inuyasha: The Final Act, and "Over the clouds" to the PSP game GOD EATER.

squarebubblex

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: Freeden on February 05, 2011, 10:51:40 PM

I recommend them too, along with Luzmelt  ;)

chifunii

Quote from: squarebubblex on February 11, 2011, 11:23:08 PM
ARASHI! Is this too crazy a request :P

Ahahaha, do you even have to ask? xDDD
I'd love to see them someday though, KIS-MY-FT2 as well..
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: chifunii on February 12, 2011, 08:35:20 PM
Quote from: squarebubblex on February 11, 2011, 11:23:08 PM
ARASHI! Is this too crazy a request :P

Ahahaha, do you even have to ask? xDDD
I'd love to see them someday though, KIS-MY-FT2 as well..
^ this is coming from an Arashi uber-fan. Hence the response.

I am no way affiliated with MusicFest and not part of staff...but I want to make a list of tallies for each request ; _ ; maybe I have no life/simply bored/love MF too much. Does anyone want me to volunteer to make a list or just not waste my time doing MF's job... D:
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Silver

It would be nice to see LM.C again especially since some people missed them last year

ViViD
BUMP OF CHICKEN
NewS
Buono!
Morning Musume ( ;v; )

SuG!! pleeeeaaaaase!!! ;A;