Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

chifunii

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on February 14, 2011, 07:51:08 PM
Quote from: chifunii on February 12, 2011, 08:35:20 PM
Quote from: squarebubblex on February 11, 2011, 11:23:08 PM
ARASHI! Is this too crazy a request :P

Ahahaha, do you even have to ask? xDDD
I'd love to see them someday though, KIS-MY-FT2 as well..
^ this is coming from an Arashi uber-fan. Hence the response.

OT and I'm sorry, but, excuse me? I'd appreciate it if you could stop talking as if you know me. Even if you didn't mean to, I'd like it if you didn't. Thanks.

----------------

@Silver: Ohhh, NEWS! They haven't been active lately, since Yamapi's running off on his own. A lot of people would love to see LM.C again, myself included ;D Here's to hoping we have a superduper lineup this year too! :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

beboptilyoudrop

Boom Boom Satellites

Perfume (impossible, i know, but still!!)

Chatmonchy

gsp113

Better yet tell you what I think I speak for everyone (especially if you went to PMX expecting there usual class A guests as far as music goes) when I say as long as you get a decent guest in a timely manner (meaning not the week or 2 weeks before the con) we'll all be happy! That was pretty cool that we didn't have to pay extra to see LMC last year I gotta say

gsp113

hmm another set of suggestions

Jinn

44Magnum

Access

Id say high and mighty color but they disbanded :/ and im pretty sure I've mentioned the brilliant green here somewhere

Tommyfeburary6?

Every Little thing

Chihiro yonekura

Kotaki kinya

Psychic lover

Masaki Endou

GodivaSyndrome

I have no idea how feasible this is or what their general popularity is like here or elsewhere, but I would like to echo another person's request for Base Ball Bear. I'm a pretty big fan of their music and I would make it a point to actually go to MusicFest if they played. OLIVIA is another artist I would like to put in a vote for. I personally enjoy their anime work and the songs they have done outside of anime and I know other people who do as well.  :)

Hiitsu

Fanime 11':
Ritsu maid (K-ON!)
Rio (Durarara!!)
Saya (Highschool of the Dead)

kagome437

missed last years concert, but i bought all memorabilia i could that saterday ^^
i'm listing all japanese artists i can think of quickly, but lately all i've been really  listening to is k-pop  ;D
but i suggest

Alice Nine <3
Miyavi
Lm.c
snsd ( i know they are considered k-pop but they started to sing japanese too)
Hello! Project
ayumi hamasaki
hinoi team
Berryz Koubou
Buono!
Morning Musume
sug!

ok now the k-pop

Miss a
g-dragon
super junior
jyj
snsd
taeyang

i'm running out of ideas..lol swy, but heres my input

Acid_Android

Quote from: kagome437 on February 17, 2011, 03:04:46 PM

ok now the k-pop

Miss a
g-dragon
super junior
jyj
snsd
taeyang

I find it amusing that the number of requests for KPop artists seem to grow each year.

Just for discussion's sake only since I'd love to hear all kinds of input from the attendees...
We mostly focus on Japanese artists, but would you actually like to see MusicFest expand to include artists/musicians/bands from other Asian countries?

Also, please keep the requests coming in! ^_^ Thanks!
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

kagome437

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 18, 2011, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: kagome437 on February 17, 2011, 03:04:46 PM

ok now the k-pop

Miss a
g-dragon
super junior
jyj
snsd
taeyang

I find it amusing that the number of requests for KPop artists seem to grow each year.

Just for discussion's sake only since I'd love to hear all kinds of input from the attendees...
We mostly focus on Japanese artists, but would you actually like to see MusicFest expand to include artists/musicians/bands from other Asian countries?

Also, please keep the requests coming in! ^_^ Thanks!

yes, i think it'd be awesome to ass more of the other asian countries in musicfest, they are growing more and more popular each day. plus it'd be a little taste of something new at a convention.

PyronIkari

Realistically no, because they essentially have no part in what "Fanime" is. Fanime is essentially about JP cultures and trends. It was never about Asian culture as a whole, so by bringing in Korean groups (at least those that don't have a JP locale release) you're opening flood gates and changing what the convention is.

Korean groups? Then we have to seek out Chinese and Taiwanese groups right? It's only fair for HK stars to be sought after then. But why is it only Asia? Why don't we invite Europeon and Middle Eastern groups too. The Middle East and Russia are part of Asia after all. Get up on them Phillipino bands too, they be stylin as well. Hell, American bands love Anime, so we should totally get AMERICAN BANDS TOO!

It's not even about Fanime, people are just naming groups they like, regardless whether or not they have any reason to be at the con.

Acid_Android

To play devil's advocate, not everything at Fanime has been completely Japanese culture centric.  The Asian Film rooms have shown a lot of films in the past that incoporated films from other Asian countries (Attack the Gas Station, My Wife is a Gangster, et all), and if I do recall correctly, there have also been martial arts demonstrations (was it in 2005-or 06?) that were more Wushu than Aikido.

However, before anyone starts panicking, MusicFest will always be JPop/Rock centric.  I would like to hear from those who are requesting KPop and other non-Jmusic artists to sort of...give a reason why those picks would be good for MusicFest other than simply wanting to see them.

If it's just wanting to see KPop, the KMF event in SoCal (or SMTown if it ever comes back) would probably be of more interest, lol.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

PyronIkari

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 18, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
To play devil's advocate, not everything at Fanime has been completely Japanese culture centric.  The Asian Film rooms have shown a lot of films in the past that incoporated films from other Asian countries (Attack the Gas Station, My Wife is a Gangster, et all), and if I do recall correctly, there have also been martial arts demonstrations (was it in 2005-or 06?) that were more Wushu than Aikido.

However, before anyone starts panicking, MusicFest will always be JPop/Rock centric.  I would like to hear from those who are requesting KPop and other non-Jmusic artists to sort of...give a reason why those picks would be good for MusicFest other than simply wanting to see them.

If it's just wanting to see KPop, the KMF event in SoCal (or SMTown if it ever comes back) would probably be of more interest, lol.

But on the grander scheme those are much more minor things in the same way that Magic:The Gathering, Halo, and Duck Duck Goose are played in the game rooms. And how internet celebrities do panels and the such. They're generally viewed as alternatives available in the convention but aren't the sole focus of the convention. The major guests and MusicFest themselves though are huge representations of the con and what it stands for, so by deviating it's different han showing HK films or playing MTG in table top.

t

gsp113

To counter the anti sentiment about Kpop stars at fanime, BoA does have several japanese releases and well unless you've been stuck in a time warp and missed inuyasha you know this. Younha is definatly a Korean as well just something to think about. I understand the whole japanese culture at the convention but to counter that argument some more I happen to be a Shotokan Karate instructor and guess what? Whatever martial arts school the con has representing the "dojo" def ain't japanese infact it looks like a Hawaiian style. No need to be segregated.

That being said some of these "Japanese inspired bands" are horrible and no one knows who they are :P I'm not knocking the con or anything but I'm saying how and what can it possibly hurt by bringing a korean in?

PyronIkari

Quote from: gsp113 on February 18, 2011, 02:59:31 PM
To counter the anti sentiment about Kpop stars at fanime, BoA does have several japanese releases and well unless you've been stuck in a time warp and missed inuyasha you know this. Younha is definatly a Korean as well just something to think about. I understand the whole japanese culture at the convention but to counter that argument some more I happen to be a Shotokan Karate instructor and guess what? Whatever martial arts school the con has representing the "dojo" def ain't japanese infact it looks like a Hawaiian style. No need to be segregated.

That being said some of these "Japanese inspired bands" are horrible and no one knows who they are :P I'm not knocking the con or anything but I'm saying how and what can it possibly hurt by bringing a korean in?

WAIT WAIT WAIT... did you just seriously say I'm being anti-sentiment about Kpop stars being at fanime? Did you even read what was posted? I even included how it's okay if they have JP releases. What can it possibly hurt by bringing Korean in? Again please read what I wrote.

gsp113

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 18, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
To play devil's advocate, not everything at Fanime has been completely Japanese culture centric.  The Asian Film rooms have shown a lot of films in the past that incoporated films from other Asian countries (Attack the Gas Station, My Wife is a Gangster, et all), and if I do recall correctly, there have also been martial arts demonstrations (was it in 2005-or 06?) that were more Wushu than Aikido.

However, before anyone starts panicking, MusicFest will always be JPop/Rock centric.  I would like to hear from those who are requesting KPop and other non-Jmusic artists to sort of...give a reason why those picks would be good for MusicFest other than simply wanting to see them.

My point is if they have something to do with anime or the japanese culture why not bring them? I mean what could it possibly hurt by having someone like Younha on stage? Who cares what country their from as long as they somehow fit the base for the con?

gsp113

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 18, 2011, 03:01:42 PM
Quote from: gsp113 on February 18, 2011, 02:59:31 PM

WAIT WAIT WAIT... did you just seriously say I'm being anti-sentiment about Kpop stars being at fanime? Did you even read what was posted? I even included how it's okay if they have JP releases. What can it possibly hurt by bringing Korean in? Again please read what I wrote.

I suppose I worded that wrong I was kinda agreeing with you.

PyronIkari

... No, that isn't what you said at all. Because the very first line was to contradict "all the anti-sentiment to K-pop"(meaning me, because I'm the only one that has posted on the subject) in which you tried to disagree with everything I said. In which I ALREADY STATED that if the artist is established in Japan, it kind of doesn't make them just a "K-pop" artist. Essentially they're intl'. No where did I say they "HAVE TO BE JAPANESE", nor that "THEY CAN'T BE KOREAN". Only that "K-pop artists" do not belong at Fanime, unless they have established JP music careers as well so that they tie in to the conventions theme.

squarebubblex

kpop requests are allowed now? ^^ It makes sense that they'd have to be JP related though :] I add~

JYJ
SNSD/Shoujo Jidai
SHINee (they're debuting in Japan in April!)
BoA
Younha
Big Bang
KARA
2NE1, they're going to debut in JP sometime this year AND they're supposedly planning to extend promotions to the US. I even see a hint of this 2NE1 --> US business when I go to Comcast OnDemand, there's a kpop section and there's always like 4 2NE1 songs vs. one or two of every other artist.. :P It makes me wonder if YG Entertainment is testing the waters~
After School just debuted in Japan with Namie Amuro! if both of them come they can sing their song together :P
LOL it seems like the entire kpop world is moving to Japan, and then with Yamapi going up to promote in Korea.. the two countries are gonna totally switch stars XD

And as for more JP artists, I'd love to hear Ayumi Hamasaki or Namie Amuro in person ^^ (too much to ask?)
Chieko Kawabe sung the theme song for Ouran High School Host Club, and I loooove the rest of her music <3
AKB48, I got totally interested in their music after seeing the Beginner video! I felt a strong inspirational message lurking beneath the controversy.. like they were breaking free of the machine in the video, which says something about the unconventionality of their group (and their music video), and maybe in a deeper meaning, how the rest of the world shouldn't feel obligated to follow the crowd. Like, you have to be yourself no matter how chained up you feel by normality ^^ lol there's a million ways that video can be interpreted but that'd be mine.
Gackt, reading his translated life story made me pay more attention to him, and he and his music are awesome <3 But apparently he doesn't like to go out of Japan..? for a reason I can't remember atm..?
Tackey and Tsubasa, they sung one of the opening themes of One Piece :)

Kzuna

Dood, i would give a kidney for

Kalafina

Dream on! yeah!! \m/

end of discussion =D