Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

Touya no Miko

I'm squealing like a fangirl. "Trust me" is one of my favorite songs, and Yuya was STUNNING as Sebastian in the Kuroshitsuji musical.

God bless you, Fanime.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

littlekirby1029

You know what will be a good band that I shall suggest? Solanin!!! :D The local band right here in the bay area. They ish awsomeness. I highly recommend this band. Reply and suggest Solanin now! x3 Awsome band~

LastExile

Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 08:46:56 PM
Quote from: LastExile on March 03, 2011, 07:44:54 PM
Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 06:27:10 PM
Wow, good job with the first guest! Perfect for us DRRR! cosplayers! Maybe I'll show up to it as Celty?  ;D

I know I'll be showing up to it as Kida. :3
You think this'll up the amount of cosplayers for our little group?  ;)

I'm thrilled that Musicfest staff got someone who's really anime-related. That's all I wanted.

Most def. And I'm delighted too. As a Kuroshitsuji fan/cosplayer as well as a DRRR!! fan/cosplayer,
this is like my dream act.

ardeverci

saw asngtrst's request in his band, Solanin.  Really cool that they play akfg songs!  *u*  I'll have Solanin as my suggestion :D

PS:  I would DIE to have School Food Punishment or Last Alliance or Base Ball Bear here!

Kuudere

Quote from: jemz on March 03, 2011, 08:48:57 PM

I'm thrilled that Musicfest staff got someone that's really anime-related. That's all I wanted.

FLOW is really anime-related too! They did all sorts of theme songs and played them all at last year's MusicFest!

Oh yes, I'm not arguing there. I went to that concert and loved singing along to songs I actually knew. You could tell they really enjoyed performing as well. I just think that bands like FLOW attract more people because more people at Fanime are aware of their work through anime. You wouldn't likely get that same appeal from, say, a Korean artist (unless they're BoA or something). That is why I'm happy with this year's choice.

tomete

I keep seeing this band, Solanin, in this forum.  Searched them up too, so add them to my suggestion! Also I'll add UVERworld while Im at it! :D

Kuudere

ardeverci

I guess I started something?? o.o  but nah, I just went through and saw somebody also approving with the Solanin request, and thought why not too x3

asngtrst

I'm sorry for all the commotion!  Our band, SOLANIN, wish to play as an opener for Music Fest as a performance after our graduation.  We're also normal Fanime attendees.  We play at around Daly City, started at a high school, and played for our annual Sakura Festival a long time ago held at our high school as our first performance.  We grew a small fan base from that, and they've been following us since.  A friend told us that a fan found out that we've been practicing AKFG songs for a set list for a possible audition, and announced it to the whole anime club today.  A friend has also told me that 3 people suggested us and somebody thought it was "spammy".  But we assure you, that it wasn't our intention to "spam", just supportive fans who want to suggest.  If you wish, we will try to stop them from suggesting us, if you feel that a person suggesting us is a bother.  We're sorry, and we apologize for our fans for seeming "spammy". 

-Andrei from SOLANIN
Huehuehuehuehue

Kuudere

Quote from: asngtrst on March 03, 2011, 10:04:27 PM
I'm sorry for all the commotion!  Our band, SOLANIN, wish to play as an opener for Music Fest as a performance after our graduation.  We're also normal Fanime attendees.  We play at around Daly City, started at a high school, and played for our annual Sakura Festival a long time ago held at our high school as our first performance.  We grew a small fan base from that, and they've been following us since.  A friend told us that a fan found out that we've been practicing AKFG songs for a set list for a possible audition, and announced it to the whole anime club today.  A friend has also told me that 3 people suggested us and somebody thought it was "spammy".  But we assure you, that it wasn't our intention to "spam", just supportive fans who want to suggest.  If you wish, we will try to stop them from suggesting us, if you feel that a person suggesting us is a bother.  We're sorry, and we apologize for our fans for seeming "spammy". 

-Andrei from SOLANIN

I suppose I was wrong, then. When I see people with low post counts saying essentially the same thing in a small span of time, I tend to think they're all the same person posting under different accounts - hence my comment. If they are truly different individuals who are fans, then I apologize. They should be able to support you if they want you to perform.

asngtrst

It's quite alright.  I was afraid it might look that way too.  Finding out who they are (cause what do you know, they messaged our band email saying they've suggested us), they are also fanime attendees.  Well at least littlekirby and ardeverci, we don't know tomete (well thank you tomete for suggesting us :D).  Again apologies, and thank you  ;)  Anyways, on with the suggesting! :]  good luck to Music Fest! youre doing a good job, I just found out that you guys got Yuya! I'm really excited now x]  still suggesting, STRAIGHTENER :D  

Huehuehuehuehue

boumii

Plastic Tree please?
They've done some anime theme songs before. Pretty classic Jrock band. They haven't been to the states yet so it will be refreshing to see them.

.::midnight.maiden::.

Wow, good job with the first guest! Perfect for us DRRR! cosplayers! Maybe I'll show up to it as Celty?  ;D

I'm thrilled that Musicfest staff got someone who's really anime-related. That's all I wanted.
Hmmm...maybe I should cosplay DRRR! too. Let me know if you are lacking a certain character.
...but first, I gotta finish the anime D: Currently on ep5.

I WUV YUYA MATSUSHITA!!!!松下優也!! <3
Can someone tell me where I can watch this Kuroshitsuji musical?? :D
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

LastExile

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on March 06, 2011, 08:24:50 PM

Hmmm...maybe I should cosplay DRRR! too. Let me know if you are lacking a certain character.
...but first, I gotta finish the anime D: Currently on ep5.

I WUV YUYA MATSUSHITA!!!!松下優也!! <3
Can someone tell me where I can watch this Kuroshitsuji musical?? :D

You need to either cosplay Mikado or Anri. Or hell, even the creepy girlfriend, Saki.
We desperately need someone for the Kida. :|
Last year there was nobody for me to interact with. I was so ronery.
Oh, and a Simon. We don't have one of those yet.

I believe you can watch at least some of the Kuroshitsuji musical on youtube.

Meirin

I feel like I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time, but I'd like to request Perfume. I'll probably request them every year until they actually attend. They give such amazing live performances that I think even non-anime fans would enjoy.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

kanauru

fishesloverice?

To add to my post, I want to see Alice Nine  :D
It would be so cool when they perform Tsubasa and green lasers are flashing around like the MV x)
私の最後の意志で!

HakureiSandwih

Quote from: asngtrst on March 03, 2011, 10:04:27 PM

-Andrei from SOLANIN

Just wondering but was your name from the one shot manga called..well...Solanin?

ayame_nguyen

.::midnight.maiden::.

Now that I think about it, I would love having AAA, aqua timez, or w-inds. :D
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-