Vocaloids Live!

Started by ki, June 06, 2010, 12:21:39 PM

ki

So this year at fanime i noticed a lot of Vocaloid cosplayers and a lot of Vocaloid stuff being sold in the Artist and Dealers hall. So since Vocaloids have become so popular here in America, why don't we have them perform live at fanime like they do in Japan!

SirG3n3ral

OMG!
I Agree full heartedly with this.
Vocaloids at fanime would be amazing!

r3za1264

.. is this manuelle haha, well ill agree also.

PyronIkari

Quote from: ki on June 06, 2010, 12:21:39 PM
So this year at fanime i noticed a lot of Vocaloid cosplayers and a lot of Vocaloid stuff being sold in the Artist and Dealers hall. So since Vocaloids have become so popular here in America, why don't we have them perform live at fanime like they do in Japan!

Well, seeing that this would require about... 200k+ easily to afford the technology and equipment to do the digital creation, for a synthesized show that would cater to a small group... yeah... not going to happen.

c2chaos

^ at least not anytime soon.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

kuorra

That would be cool! But it does cost A LOT of money... :/
Maybe some cosplayers could sing live? XD

nerd-chan

That's a good idea! Maybe auditions could be held before the con to decide who sounds the most like their Vocaloid counterparts?

Runewitt

this is begining to sound like a stage zero type event.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Dany

Quote from: Runewitt on November 12, 2010, 10:21:21 PM

I think that is where I'm getting confused: If the "live" thing with the virtual Miku onstage..that would be fun but very hard to set up and would likely need the auditorium or something -at least-, not even counting the budget. Stage Zero wouldn't even be able to handle it.

If we're talking folks dressed up as Vocaloid characters and performing, I suppose that's another story :)

2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Runewitt

Quote from: Dany on November 13, 2010, 06:06:44 PM

I think that is where I'm getting confused: If the "live" thing with the virtual Miku onstage..that would be fun but very hard to set up and would likely need the auditorium or something -at least-, not even counting the budget. Stage Zero wouldn't even be able to handle it.

If we're talking folks dressed up as Vocaloid characters and performing, I suppose that's another story :)

thats what i meant, people dressed up on stage, but since it'd be an actual performance, not just a skit, it wouldn't fit for the mascarade.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

TC X0 Lt 0X

At best we will get simple animations or cosplayers.
Like Pyron said, the setup for an actual digital concert would cost a small fortune.
Though I can see it attracting more attendees, that would still not be enough to warrant the expense.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

GoodAsianDriver

+1 on a vocaloid event in any form.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Armored-Heart

Isn't Miku simply projected onto a glass screen for the concerts? o-o;

I suggest possibly showing the concert in one of the video rooms. That would be so much easier. xD
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

c2chaos

Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 26, 2010, 12:57:49 AM

I suggest possibly showing the concert in one of the video rooms. That would be so much easier. xD
I can live with that.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Dany

Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 02:04:33 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 26, 2010, 12:57:49 AM

I can live with that.

Assuming that there are no issues with copyright permissions, etc. I would also support this :)

2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: Runewitt on November 13, 2010, 07:53:38 PM
Quote from: Dany on November 13, 2010, 06:06:44 PM

At this present time, Stage Zero is looking to have programming promoting the many Fanime sponsored events, happenings, and awesome stuff that FanimeCon presents to its attendees.  Any other performances and events requested to be done on Stage Zero would have to be referred to the Panels department.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Rhornez

my face when, Anime Expo has Hatsune Miku live this year

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Rhornez on May 18, 2011, 06:24:23 PM
my face when, Anime Expo has Hatsune Miku live this year

They can get away with it because of the scale of the convention though =P
Someday Fanime, someday...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

.::midnight.maiden::.

I'm curious to know if anyone went to the Miku Hatsune/Vocaloids Live in Japantown SF that one time there was a festival and Mori Chack came :S I totally forgot when this happened...but there was a concert in the Viz Pictures Cinema Hall in the New People building.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-