Vocaloids Live!

Started by ki, June 06, 2010, 12:21:39 PM

PyronIkari

I have a legitimate question concerning this and I want to know why.

Ok, let's say a guest cost 10,000$ to bring to the conevention (made up number). And Miku's 3-d concert costs 8,000$ to hold at fanime. Would you rather the money be spent on getting a different guest of honor, or the miku 3-d concert?

Now let's continue with that.

Miku cost 15,000$, would you rather the money be spent on Miku? Or another guest + maybe going towards the dance or b+w ball?

I know people would like to see the Miku concert, but I'm curious if logistics would play a part into it in their decision.

c2chaos

Whoa. Mikey, you aren't one to just make up numbers.
I think I will hold on to my answer until I get some real numbers.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

jemz

Quote from: c2chaos on June 03, 2011, 11:51:33 AM

Ahhhh, let's just say that the cost of this is fairly high and leave it at that. :x
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

pengy

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on May 30, 2011, 11:14:19 PM
I'm curious to know if anyone went to the Miku Hatsune/Vocaloids Live in Japantown SF that one time there was a festival and Mori Chack came :S I totally forgot when this happened...but there was a concert in the Viz Pictures Cinema Hall in the New People building.

That was just a playback of the 39s Giving Day Bluray and not actually a concert. Although Hiroyuki (Crypton's CEO) came to the second viewing and gave a presentation.

c2chaos

Quote from: jemz on June 03, 2011, 12:05:30 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on June 03, 2011, 11:51:33 AM

Ahhhh, let's just say that the cost of this is fairly high and leave it at that. :x
I am going to assume that it would cost at least as much as a brand new Toyota Corolla to put on. :/
I'm sure that if there were to be a live concert, it would attract more attendees from other states and also from Canada. It would definitely increase attendee-loyalty. It would generate some money but not as much as AX did because they ticketed the event aside from their badges, unlike Fanime, including Musicfest as part of their badges. Therefore, badge prices would have to go up to try and cover costs for the concert and guarantee a Fanime for the next year. Undeniably, there will be a loss in attendees but the loss would be depending on how much prices goes up.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

M

Quote from: c2chaos on July 08, 2011, 10:14:29 AM
I am going to assume that it would cost at least as much as a brand new Toyota Corolla to put on. :/
I'm sure that if there were to be a live concert, it would attract more attendees from other states and also from Canada. It would definitely increase attendee-loyalty. It would generate some money but not as much as AX did because they ticketed the event aside from their badges, unlike Fanime, including Musicfest as part of their badges. Therefore, badge prices would have to go up to try and cover costs for the concert and guarantee a Fanime for the next year. Undeniably, there will be a loss in attendees but the loss would be depending on how much prices goes up.
We never want to add on the cost of having a membership (i.e. charging for ticketed events) unless we absolutely have to. Logistically, it doesn't make sense for us to blow our entire budget and retire an event for a year to hold one big event. Every event has the way that they run things and although something might work for another event, we'd prefer to steer away from decisions that can hurt our members. FanimeCon is supposed to be fun for all and removing popular programming is not fun. :)

(I know that I quoted you, but my post goes beyond your individual reply)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

c2chaos

I love how Fanime is "by fans, for fans" and I trust that any price changes are out of necessity and I would absolutely not want to give up wither dances. What I said earlier is just one of a few scenarios, I preferred a scenario that upon announcing a Miku Live concert, there is a sudden boom in pre-reg, such a boom that it is enough to cover the concert and then some.
Just some wishful thinking. :)

PyronIkari

Quote from: c2chaos on July 09, 2011, 12:42:26 PM
I love how Fanime is "by fans, for fans" and I trust that any price changes are out of necessity and I would absolutely not want to give up wither dances. What I said earlier is just one of a few scenarios, I preferred a scenario that upon announcing a Miku Live concert, there is a sudden boom in pre-reg, such a boom that it is enough to cover the concert and then some.
Just some wishful thinking. :)

Not that my opinion means jack in the subject but just a little bit of retrospective. The auditorium capacity is not as large as we would like. So of the some odd... 2-3k plus people that may register purely because of that announcement, of that... how many will actually get to see the concert? Just some food for thought.

heeroyuy135

At this point, Toyota and Crypton Future Media would probably do a show on the East Coast (can anyone picture Miku at Madison Square Garden under the bright lights of NYC?) than do another show on the West Coast let alone California.

Kuudere

I heard (and I could be wrong) that AX could only sell a limited number of seats because you needed to be seated specifically to see the display correctly. Seats at the side of the building couldn't be used, and you could only go so far back. If that's true, I think it'd be kind of anti-fan to have a guest that only a very small amount of people could actually watch, even if it would be neat to see. I think it's best for Fanime to fill up every seat possible in our venue and reach the most fans possible. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

CobaltTempest

Quote from: MeowDesu on July 10, 2011, 11:32:04 PM
I heard (and I could be wrong) that AX could only sell a limited number of seats because you needed to be seated specifically to see the display correctly. Seats at the side of the building couldn't be used, and you could only go so far back. If that's true, I think it'd be kind of anti-fan to have a guest that only a very small amount of people could actually watch, even if it would be neat to see. I think it's best for Fanime to fill up every seat possible in our venue and reach the most fans possible. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
Assuming that the Civic Auditorium would be used for this, the entire lower area can be used and possibly most of the upper section that is facing straight forward. The reason why I said most is because at Mikunopolis, people who had tickets for seats in the first few rows of the Loge (upper section) of the Nokia Theatre had to be moved to the lower section due to the placement of cameras in the area.

Since I was at Mikunopolis, I can safely say that the Civic Auditorium would not be an appropriate venue for such an event. The screen that was used for Mikunopolis in particular was a bit on the short side, and I have read complaints on various websites and forums about the people in front standing up. With that being said, the seating at the lower section of the Nokia Theatre is not flat like that of the lower section of the Civic Auditorium. Since it's inevitable that people will stand during the concert, even more people will end up complaining about obstructing the view. Also, I'm not even sure if the Civic Auditorium can handle all of the equipment that is needed for such a concert let alone the seating issue.
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryūin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

AdriMaybe

I agree! Bring Mikunopolis and the others to FanimeCon! >3<

ewu

I think this has been resolved.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom