Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2011!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 09, 2010, 10:24:03 PM

Nina Star 9

Six exclamation points already? :O That's a lot of years of this thread!

This is the thread to suggest guests for Fanimecon 2011. Keep in mind how likely it would be for Fanime to get these guests (you can put your crazy dream guests down, but keep in mind that we probably won't get Mana AND Clamp AND Utada Hikaru AND the entirety of Squeenix AND... or really, probably none of these..., so don't go all crazy about how OMG WE HAVE TO BRING OUT SHIGERU MIYAMOTO OR ELSE THE CON SUX!!!11111), different types of guests (anime/manga creators, voice actors, music guests, etc. etc.), who will be a reasonable choice (someone that only one person will go see... probably not the best choice), who is still alive/performing/whatever (so don't request Malice Mizer or Hide or Guitar Vader [*sniff*] or Amano Tsukiko [*double sniff*] or anyone else who is dead, retired, broken up, etc., though I still wish that Guitar Vader could come out...), etc. ...You can tell by my examples that I don't keep up with who is new and cool, haha.

Other than that, have fun coming up with suggestions! I'm sure that some of your dreams will come true~

darkkako

Svetlana Chmakova would be pretty cool. :) I know she's done cons on the west coast before.

Mantaray3000

Just getting anyone of these people would be fantastic. Pretty sure they would draw people in if they were invited.

Seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro, Mamoru Miyano, Marina Inoue, Kouji Yusa, Kikuko Inoue, Maaya Sakamoto and Fumiko Orikasa

Manga Artist: Rei Hiroe, Ashika Sakura, Kenji Hata, Kouji Seo and Matsuri Hino.

Other: Type-Moon, Yoji Shinkawa, Tetsuro Araki and Masao Maruyama.

Touya no Miko

Seiyuu: Hiroki Takahashi is the only one I really want to see

Bands: Radwimps, LM.C again if possible, Mana, Alice Nine
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

chifunii

I already put my MusicFest wishlist on a different thread, so I only have one request here...

Hiromu Arakawa
I'd die to meet her. But wait...
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

azreale

my boyfriend and i are going as Ryo-ohki & Ken-ohki from tenchi muyo.... if anyone could cosplay as ryoko or nagi...even sasami... or ANYONE from that series i'd be ecstatic! XD
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Pen2AndyP

It'd be awesome if we could get LittleKuriboh and Kroze here. I know they does a lot of cons in the east coast, not sure about the west coast, but it should be about as reasonable as bringing people from Japan to Fanime anyways.

sandysaur

Quote from: Pen2AndyP on June 15, 2010, 04:23:37 PM
It'd be awesome if we could get LittleKuriboh and Kroze here. I know they does a lot of cons in the east coast, not sure about the west coast, but it should be about as reasonable as bringing people from Japan to Fanime anyways.
This.
LK said on Twitter or something that he apparently was going to AX this year, but as an attendee, not as a guest.

CaptainYossarian

It's probably a little bit of a long shot, but the person I'd really like to see come out here is Goro Taniguichi. I know he's done American cons in the past, but that was before Code Geass when he was a much smaller name. I would ask all sorts of annoying Planetes questions, though. ;D

The other people I'd really like to see are Kenji Kamiyama, but he's coming to AX this year, so thats pretty much out, or Yoko Kanno, but thats just a little ridiculous.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Silent One

May'n or Megumi Nakajima if it is not a dream...

Phantom Roxas

LittleKuriboh would be awesome.

Hiro Mashima?

SukebeStudios

Why not Vic Mignogna? I mean...Sac Anime has gotten him every year for the past 3 years. They might only get him one more year, and then he can be OURS! ^_^

Mi Feng

Oh jeez if Marina Inoue came this year, that would totally make my con. Any seiyuus would be fine in my opinion. One of the reasons I love Fanime's guests list is because of its "controlled" amount of English VA. Its nice when a con is at least not flooded with them. I'd rather see a person come to the United States on a special occasion than somebody who goes to a local con every single year. >.<

otakuya

-Downtown (Hitoshi Matsumoto and Masatoshi Hamada, a comedy team) and/or the rest of the cast of Gaki no Tsukai along with their batsu games and silent library games

-more English anime and game voice actors [a.k.a. the standard fare of anime convention guests]

-comedians

PyronIkari

Quote from: Otakuya on June 26, 2010, 12:39:40 AM
-Downtown (Hitoshi Matsumoto and Masatoshi Hamada, a comedy team) and/or the rest of the cast of Gaki no Tsukai along with their batsu games and silent library games

-more English anime and game voice actors [a.k.a. the standard fare of anime convention guests]

-comedians

HAHAHAH WTF? Matsumoto and Hamada would cost MILLIONS to get, no joke. They would seriously cost millions. They haven't done a new batsu game in a long time though...

otakuya

Well, they really are "guests I want".

Unrealistic? Yes. ^_~

Dragon Ninja

I would like to see anyone from Avatar: The Last Airbender and ask them what they thought of the live-action movie.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

monikamilani

I would agree with Dragon Ninja too =DD buutt, I hope they have flow again and This time Funkist ;DD
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

himitsu_

Daisuke Kishio heheh
or
Ayaka Saitō (Honey from Ouran)

kuro_mazu

Bands:: I really, really want LM.C to come back!!! And SuG! I'm hearing from a lot of the SuG fans that they wish they could be at Fanime. (Plus SuG said they wished to be invited to an event if they were to go to America, so I hear! ;D)

Seiyu:: I want Daisuke Ono to come! And also Hirano Aya and Mamoru Miyano! Three of my most favorite voice actors ever... <3

Mangaka:: (a stupid dream but) I wish Akira Amano could come. (another stupid dream) I wish Yana Toboso could come too... ahhh I could die happy if that happened.

Other:: I wish we could bring LittleKuriboh to Fanime! (I am a huge fan of him, even though he's not really celebrity. It would be awesome to meet him) And two of my cosplay idols: MalindaChan and SoranoSuzu. It would be awesome to feature them in the cosplay spectacular perhaps...

Those are my wishes for Fanime Con 2011~
Wake up you Ready sou yume o RIARU ni shiteku Journey
Don't stop michi naru michi e OODAA MEIDO no gr8 Story