Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2011!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 09, 2010, 10:24:03 PM

Team SilverHawk

I wish someone would get Travis Willingham or Amanda Winn Lee to come to next year's Fanimecon. That'd be cool as hell and I'd love to meet them.
"Check it out, RONI--It's three sevens!" -Dr. Gabriel Cunningham (Trauma Team)

Ridiculissa

First off, I want to say that FanimeCon 2010 was FANTASTIC!  It was my first convention, and I enjoyed every minute. My main reason for attending Fanimecon this year was to see one of my favorite Jrock acts, LM.C. I was so thrilled when you guys announced that they would be the main musical guest. They definitely did not disappoint, and the Question/Answer and autograph sessions were absolutely glorious!

My friends and I who attended hope you can keep the standards set by LM.C for next year!

As far as musical guests for next year, a Jrock band that I would LOVE to see perform at Fanimecon is Acid Black Cherry. Though the band has only been around for a few years, all the members have been in prior groups and are all skillful and talented musicians. Not only that, but the lead singer is a self-professed lover of manga and anime, and would probably love to perform at such an event. Fanimecon would be a perfect venue for them to debut their act in the US!

mDuo13

After seeing her at Anime Expo, I'm convinced that Asakawa Yuu would make a perfect guest for Fanime. She's witty and good with English, has several well-known roles (e.g. Sakaki from Azumanga), down-to-earth, and friendly. A great fit for the con.

tensionrush

I compiled a pretty long list on the Anime Expo forums, but I'll mention no more than three four names for each of the following categories:

Voice Actors - Kamiya Hiroshi, Nakamura Yuuichi, Ono Daisuke, Sugita Tomokazu

Music Artists/Composers - BACK-ON, UVERworld

Mangaka/Producers - Hoshino Katsura, Sorachi Hideaki

cutiebunny

I would love to have Yone Kazuki at Fanime 2011.  She(?) did the character design for one of my favorite recent anime, Hakuouki.

I'd also love to meet Naoko Takeuchi(Sailormoon creator) but, since it's an old anime, it's probably a pipe dream.

Also - can we have MangaGamer at Fanime, too?  They brought about 8 artists with them to AX this year and the work these artists did(you could commission them to draw you one of the characters that they originally designed) for patrons was fantastic.  I was really happy with all the shikishi I bought from them.

I'd also like to say that, in comparison to AX 2010, Fanime was far better.  Thanks for an awesome convention, Fanime workers!

solipoo

LM.C & FLOW were freaking awesome.
best fanime i've been to so far!

i'd like to see Gazette (that band) as a music guest next year, cuz my best friend is currently OBSESSED with them. idk how realistic that is, though.

Knightfire

For possible guests, Doug Walker from That Guy With The Glasses has been building a strong Presence at Anime Cons, so A vote for him (or the entire crew) would be a delight to see at Fanime, or their Podcast team (Nerd to The Third Power) would be great to meet in person.

Steven Blum would be pretty cool, too!

As for as wishful thinking and Pipe dreams.... Hideo Kojima and David Hayter?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Hodge Bodge

I'd love to see Laura Bailey and Troy Baker. That would rule my Fanime!
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: Knightfire on July 13, 2010, 09:37:50 PM

Getting David Hayter would be a lot easier then Kojima. Even better to have David and Steven
Blum together, since Steven has a role in MGS:Peace Walker.

Knightfire

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on July 14, 2010, 01:18:02 AM

Getting David Hayter would be a lot easier then Kojima. Even better to have David and Steven

They do, haven't they done other work together in the past as well?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: Knightfire on July 14, 2010, 01:25:36 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on July 14, 2010, 01:18:02 AM

They do, haven't they done other work together in the past as well?

That I am not sure, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they have. Would be awesome to have them both in a panel.

MotherJenova

Personally all i care is about the musicguest xDD
Id like AAA to come back to america they were at Otakucon in 2007 and i think since then there american fans have gone up I met a lot at fanime this year so i hope they can come ;o; Id love to see them live
~Mothers are gods in the eyes of there children~

SaiQ

Musical Guest: Girls Dead Monster (from the new Angel Beats!), Kalafina (one of Yuki Kajiura's projects), and Haruko Momoi (it was wonderful having her at Fanime 2010. I wish to see her again!)

Press: http://918thefan.com/, a free online radio station, that also does interviews, reviews, and convention coverage. They are a great bunch and I hope to see them at Fanime 2011.

Voice Actors: Little Kuriboh and the entire cast from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Others: Uncle Yo

otaku_madness

I would definitely like to see more Japanese voice actors since it's not everyday for them to come to the US. Visual Kei bands would be nice too.

Voice Actors: Onosaka Masaya, Namikawa Daisuke, Sugiyama Noriaki, Kokubun Yukinari, Kondo Takashi, Iida Toshinobu, Ono Daisuke

Music Artists/Composers: Uematsu Nobuo, Hamauzu Masashi, CHERRYBLOSSOM, and if possible, LM.C again

Mangaka: Hino Matsuri, Amano Akira, Tanemura Arina

marisuga

Seiyuu: Daisuke Namikawa (seriously, if I could meet him I could die happily...) Because I'm so persistent I will post his name a few more times. Daisuke Namikawa, Daisuke Namikawa, Daisuke Namikawa, DAISUKE NAMIKAWA... (ok I'm good now)

Singer/Seiyuu: Mizuki Nana (though she's probably busy...)

Freight

Asian Kung-Fu Generation (music)
Stan Lee
Theater Brook (music)
Montyoum (web videos)
The Emeralds (music)

lycan510

Bands: Ore Ska Band. I really REALLY want to see them live. They're such an awesome group.
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

Sandwich

Voice actor: Namikawa Daisuke, Sugiyama Noriaki

Bands: SuG (WANTx1000 D:), the Gazette

DudeINeedSleep

I would love to have Alodia Gosiengfiao, an amazing cosplayer from the Philippines, as a guest.  For musical guets, I would like to see May'n and Megumi from Macross Frontier and Oreskaband.

Freya

Dacco (music)

I love Psycho le Cému and while we can't have them anymore since they've broke up years ago, Dacco would be awesome! They've already been to Comicon, so why not Fanime?