Manga Fox vs. One Manga

Started by amaya_JDB, June 10, 2010, 01:38:01 AM

amaya_JDB

I just heard of Manga Fox and One Manga, and I have no clue if there's a difference or which one is better than the other.

Any opinions?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Elimeno

GO BUY MANGA!!!

lol,  I've been on OneManga for a while now, havent ever heard of mangafox.  one manga has the nifty press right button to turn the page setting and a really good selection of manga.  I shall check out mangafox since it looks kinda nice lol
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Admiral Donuts

People have also done a lot of neat add-ons for Firefox so you can alter the display at OneManga... I like to show the whole issue on one page.

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Elimeno on June 10, 2010, 01:45:46 AM
GO BUY MANGA!!!

I know I have to go buy manga, but I'm broke -.- I try to read them online first, and if I like it I buy it. I don't like buying something I'm never gonna pick up again.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Melly

i hate reading online.. it's not the same ;_;.. and i hate the scantalation thingermahbob. :u

and im not sure which site it was but

i heard one of them gives you viruses :/

Loktera^2

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Loktera^2 on June 15, 2010, 04:57:18 PM
Mangafox.

If only for one series...

But... it says it's not available there...

Loktera^2

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 15, 2010, 07:28:53 PM
Quote from: Loktera^2 on June 15, 2010, 04:57:18 PM
Mangafox.

If only for one series...

But... it says it's not available there...

LAME! I stop reading it for a month or two and they no longer have it up...
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

Nephilim

OneManga, just cause I've never heard of Manga Fox. ^^
Recently, they've started redirecting from OneManga to their sister site 1000Manga for series that used to be taken down when they'd get licensed here in USA. I'm sure its to circumvent some legality.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Somebody

MangaFox has given many of my friends viruses, so I tend to avoid it. I do frequent One Manga for FMA, Ouran, etc. Can't wait till the English translation catches up!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Nephilim

On a side-note of sorts... I do buy my favorite manga provided they're released here, but with some works (like Tsutomu Nihei stuffs) I actually prefer reading it online since the actual manga can be too small to take in all the details.

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Naruto Kun

One Manga forever! I love it! :)

lavrin09

I like to go for One Manga..

Naruto Kun

Mangafox ;) is easy, cute and with a lot of mangas  ;D I've just realized it lol but... I'll still go for One Manga :P

Runewitt

buy manga.

also, i read it as megan fox...
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ShadowKnight508

For the manga series that I can buy, I buy it and read it on my free time. As of this moment, I own the Rosario + Vampire, Fate/stay Night, Afterschool Charisma, and Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit manga volumes. Sadly, most of the manga that I like is not available in my area, so I turn to MangaFox on occasion to get my manga fix.
Currently doing massive wiki edits on AnimeVice. Will be doing cosplay photos at FanimeCon for AnimeVice's site. T-minus 3 days to FanimeCon!

Planned Cons: FanimeCon 2011, KinToki-Con 2011, SACAnime 2011
http://shadowknight508.deviantart.com/gallery

Valkyrie Ryu

wow Onemanga has things now?? I thought they pretty much shut down last year.. *checks* ohhh now they link to chapters. clever clever.

regarding Mangafox, yea it gives you viruses, unless you use Firefox+Adblock Plus+NoScript. Then you wont get viruses. Chrome is not sufficient because it does not have NoScript. Also if you have Firefox but don't use Adblock Plus and/or NoScript, please go look them up and start using it for your own benefit.

A lot of the manga I read is so obscure that a lot of sites don't have it, forget retail stores. I'd have to buy and ship everything online and that sounds like a paaiinnn

Kaycea

I'm an ol'skool One Manga fan, I used to use it like 4-5 years ago. But I thought it had been shut down(apparently not or it's been brought back I should say). I would only use Manga Fox over One Manga when it would RARELY have a chapter or volume before it. Though at the rate some of my favorite manga gets translated(Kurokami for example..) I just save the strain on my patience and buy the official release when it comes out.
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Geoff

IMO, mangafox. Just get an addblock and you should be fine.

Valkyrie Ryu

Quote from: Geoff on May 24, 2011, 10:52:41 PM
IMO, mangafox. Just get an addblock and you should be fine.

and NoScript. Adblock Plus alone is not enough.