Dating Game Show on Stage Zero.

Started by c2chaos, June 10, 2010, 05:38:07 PM

c2chaos

This idea spawned out of the "Speed Dating" thread. Some people liked the idea and I like it too. So I'm just going to shoot it here. --And here are a few quotes taken from the Speed Dating thread:

Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 04:21:15 PM
hahaha. After reading up to this point. I just thought that it'd be kinda a cool to see one of those dating-game shows at Fanime, where they put 3 bachelors behind a screen and the bachelorette asks the three guys the same questions from the other side and at the end of the show she picks the mystery bachelor she likes most.
Quote from: ash_chan on June 04, 2010, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 04:21:15 PM
hahaha. After reading up to this point. I just thought that it'd be kinda a cool to see one of those dating-game shows at Fanime, where they put 3 bachelors behind a screen and the bachelorette asks the three guys the same questions from the other side and at the end of the show she picks the mystery bachelor she likes most.

I actually think this is bloody brilliant!
I think it would be hilarious and fun at the very least.

I wish we could have a re-do.
I don't want to wait a year for another chance!
Haha.
c:
Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 05, 2010, 11:49:50 AM
Quote from: Knightfire on June 05, 2010, 12:59:20 AM
Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on June 05, 2010, 12:41:48 AM
I was surprise how small the speed dating room was, hopefully next year they at least quadruple the size of it.
I thought it was the right size, given the amount of people. But that's just me.

well knightfire, the thing for us is that we had almost all of our ppl
like wat ash_chan said, their group had a lot of ppl missin
so if the staff could guarantee that all the ppl would be there
than yea maybe we could get a bigger table

Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on June 04, 2010, 07:55:47 PM
Sounds like it might make for a great stage zero event
hahaha. I can already imagine it.

It could also go the other way where there would be one bachelor and three bachelorettes.
now THAT would be itneresting to see as a stage zero
omg we could totally do that next year
since our group was the initial guinnea (i dnt think i spelled that right..) pigs for the speed dating event
:)
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 05, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
Here is an example of how it might go down
--------------------
Bachelor: Bacheloreete 1, are you for SasuNaru?
*all of the Bacheloretters squeal*
*Girls in audience scream yaoi*
who cares what happens after that...

Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 05, 2010, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 05, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
Here is an example of how it might go down
--------------------
Bachelor: Bacheloreete 1, are you for SasuNaru?
*all of the Bacheloretters squeal*
*Girls in audience scream yaoi*
who cares what happens after that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA :D
i like ur train of thought
that WOULD be hilarious
i woudl totally sit thru the entire thing if the questions were along those lines :p
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 06, 2010, 03:36:35 AM
Ex. 2
---------------------
Bachelorette: I am sakura, and you are sasuke, how would you hit on me?
Bachelor 1: Baby, you know how I am very sensitive. Your one touch can will turn on my curse seal and spread it on my  body faster than I get my Chidori on.
Bachelor 2: My sharingans may cast illusions, but my love for is more real than annoyance is in Naruto. You know his and my kiss meant nothing to me, what I really want is you.
Bachelor 3: The way you lay your eyes on me, its more thrilling than when Orochimaru laid the curse on me.
Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 06, 2010, 10:29:35 AM
hahahahahaha
daiphyer.com: iono if they would let us do a stage zero event if questions were along THOSE lines
gotta keep it at least PG or PG-13 or osmething :p
unless u make it an 18+ event
than that would be funny
hahahahahaha :D
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 06, 2010, 11:35:02 AM
If u want a pg version, then that would be:
Bachlorette: I am fighting a water type pokemon, which pokemon should I use?
Bachelor 1: I would go with Charizard be-
*me in the audience goes "Woo-hoo. CHARIZARD!!!!" *

Bachelorette: Bachelor 2, ur response.
Bachelor 2: It would defnitely be Dragonite.
*some random fangirl squeals*
Bachelor 2: yeh! Dragonite has that electricity, which would pretty much zap any pokemon to smitherin. Dragonite is so awesome! Anyway, like, I have this plushie of him in my room. sometime, I like huggle and cuddle with him. When I get real-real bored, I start to have a tea part with him and my other poke-
Bachelorette: NEXT!

Bachelor 3: Can it be a Digimon? Pokemon are just no match for the digimons. Greymon alone can whip dragonite down and put some sense in PsyDuck.
Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 10, 2010, 02:53:40 AM
Yeah I think that sounds like a lot of fun! Cosplay Bachelor/ette show! <3

If we do that I totally want to sign up! <3

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

princesskitty18

i really hope they go for it! it would be an awesome new event :)
and im sure a lot of people would enjoy it!
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Knightfire

You'll think they'll keep speed dating if they ok this?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: Knightfire on June 10, 2010, 06:09:38 PM
You'll think they'll keep speed dating if they ok this?
I don't see why they wouldn't. They can't make them two different events?

princesskitty18

they ARE 2 different events tho
speed dating is more a one-on-one interaction
granted, theres a LOT of one-on-one interactions but its different
plus this would be a public event and stuff like that
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Admiral Donuts

Like I posted in the other thread, I think this would be more fun if it was done with cos-players in character. Especially for the crowd.

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 10, 2010, 09:52:27 PM
Like I posted in the other thread, I think this would be more fun if it was done with cos-players in character. Especially for the crowd.
That would be fun XD

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 10, 2010, 09:41:32 PM
they ARE 2 different events tho
speed dating is more a one-on-one interaction
granted, theres a LOT of one-on-one interactions but its different
plus this would be a public event and stuff like that
Well it's more then just that. Like someone said in the sister thread:

Speed dating is a LOT more time effective. By the time you finish 1 round of the Stage Zero version, you could probably have met AT LEAST 4 people at the Speed Dating version.

Somebody

Quote from: AuroraDreamer on June 10, 2010, 10:03:04 PM
Quote from: Jeimizu on June 10, 2010, 09:52:27 PM
That would be fun XD
Honestly I think this would be the whole point-to bring people in to have fun! I mean if you are really interested in finding a person (and are 18+) you'll go to the speed dating, whereas if you're looking to participate or watch something silly like such, you'd go to Stage Zero. At least, that's how I see it.

Although, now that I think about it, I dunno if this would really work. *shrugs* Good luck, I guess. :P
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Melly

i kinda wanna go to speed dating. i didn't go this year cause well.. first year.

though i'd love to watch a dating show haha xDDD especially with people in character xD

c2chaos

Then it's agreed. Participants will be in cosplay!

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Jerry

again this is all assuming it gets approved by Dept heads, Divisional Heads and Chairs, and etc etc.

you also have to think about the staff needed to do such a show, along with the crazy screening process how to select boys and girls...

and as funny as you think the conversations will be between contestants would be... who knows what would happen in real life. :P

at least you guys have 300+ days or so to continue planning [like assuming your taking this idea/suggestion seriously] then best of luck to you all.

ironically, things like the spontaneous ninja or spin the bottle game* [not approved by fanime staff] gets random rave reviews.  :P

go figure.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

c2chaos

^ hahaha. That's a true event of "by fans, for fans."

Admiral Donuts

If it's going to happen then this is a quick list over what's probably going to be needed:

-Approval
-A time slot
-Participants
-Rules
-Questions
-Props (Usually, 3 + 1 chairs for the participants, plus some way of separating them)

NerdyBirdAsh

The question is would this be a serious thing, or all in jest?

I think if it were to be another semi-serous dating thing, it shouldn't be on Stage Zero, but rather a panel as anything dating related really has to be 18+ I believe. Or at least 16+...

If we wanted it to be more audience participation, we could pick the participants from the crowd or something...
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

c2chaos

You're right. If this is an actual dating game then it would have to be an 18+ panel.

If it were a serious thing:
You could have people who want to participate move outside of the room and pull out a random number which would determine when they would go on the show.

If it were in jest then:
There would be a good period of time to have participants to sign up. Then, you email them a place and time to meet during the con. You can separate the men and women but give them all a little coaching session on what kind of answers/questions are expected. Of course, the group could make some pre-written questions/answers during the session.

^That's just a few things I had in mind.

NerdyBirdAsh

Yeah. Going along the lines of the number pulling, I figure it would work something like this:

Everyone gets a number. Panel opens, someone opens, gives the rules, etc. A contestant's number is pulled. We blindfold him/her so they don't know what the 3(?) bachelor/bachelorettes look like (if the original dating game sort of thing is the move we want to pull. I think it's best, but others may disagree) and then we pull numbers for the bachelors or bacheloretes. We sit them on chairs/stools/etc, and they have like 4 or 5 questions and then the contestant gets to choose the winner, pull off the blindfold he/she sees who they chose and then we move to the next set.

Something like that?

Jerry

Quote from: c2chaos on June 13, 2010, 03:02:02 PM
You're right. If this is an actual dating game then it would have to be an 18+ panel.

Keep in mind that Stage Zero is public space, so enforcing the 18+  carding would be almost impossible.

so it would either have to be in a private panel room [meaning NOT] on stage zero...

or content would be heavily edited [or monitored] to make it PG and ok for public view.

just FYI.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

c2chaos

Hmmm...can't we have both, Jerry?

I just thought of a great skit involving the Naruto bunch.

Sakura: Bachelor number 1, what's your favorite color?
Bachelor1: Orange! I've worn this color for almost 300 episodes, believe it!
Sakura: Bachelor 2. Same question.
Bachelor2: I also like orange. It's so I can stand out from all the other ninjas and one day become Hokage, believe it!
Sakura: (disgruntled) Bachelor 3. How would you beat up Naruto?
Bachelor 3: I dunno...I guess I could use my shadow clones to beat myself up.
Sakura: (knocks over the screen) Naruto!
Bachelor123: (surprised) Yikes!
Sakura:(surprised by three Narutos and upset) WHAT!? You used your shadow clones to cheat your way on to the game!
Bachelor 3: Uhh...I think I hear Oba-chan calling me! (all bachelors flee and Sakura pursues them) (end)

NerdyBirdAsh

I think that would really be more appropriate as a skit in the masquerade than on Stage Zero (which already tends to be overbooked I've noticed.)

I think we're on to something with the 18+ Panel deal, I think should the panel get up and running as a serious deal, it would be a lot of fun! And it would be more open-access than the speed dating was, where you really had to be online at the right time to be accepted. With the panel, it's first show up @con, first served (receiving numbers wise).

Plus there's that competitive game spirit that people love. We could always have like consolation prizes (a picture of a cute girl/boy) for the bachelor/bachelorettes that don't get chosen or something like that. Make it fun for all (who are 18 and up).

A great way to maybe spawn some fanime romance and make friends along the way!