Post Fanime Thank You! Kingdom Hearts Gathering

Started by maikiritori, June 12, 2010, 07:44:28 PM

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Yup!
Speaking of which, I should start getting together my other costumes too. >w>;;;
OH! And I have to re-make my Keyblade. =w=; (totally broke the last time I used it /failfailfail;;; )

Yaaay! 8DD ~!
I knooow. After buying the badge it also made me super excited too! >w< ~! It's one of the things that I look forward to every year. C:

maikiritori

Well, the park does have shade... That was what I was talking about. But there is also the quasi park that's over by the library. It's on the Hilton side (the big building you see when you look out the windows in the reg. line, and if you're standing in the reg line, you'd look to your left) There has been issues with bums loitering there in the past, so I'd rather not use that area. It will have more than enough space for us (it's big enough for about 70 people) and it does have some good shade. However, I'd much rather use the park. I believe this is the official abbreviation: CCPFH = Park across from Fairmont Hotel (Caesar Chavez Plaza)

So, just making sure.... We have 18 confirmed, 13 unconfirmed (either they're not sure who they're cosplaying, or I have only heard from a friend of theirs that they will be attending.) on this thread! I haven't looked over everything for C.c, but I'm gonna bet we have some good numbers there too. ^_^

We're also pretty much set on Sunday, with 2 votes for 10 to 10.30 start time and one vote for a 5 o'clock start time (me). I also see that several peeps are cool with whenever and wherever the gathering happens, so long as it happens and doesn't interfere with anything else that's going on.

I do want to make sure that whatever time we get, is what we get. As the Official Cosplayer Gathering/Events thread 1st post updates, I'll update here.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Dilemma

Oh. I don't think that I ever confirmed my group. xD  (I posted them on here as a maybe a while ago . . .)
We have: KH1 Sora, Donald, and Goofy && Five people in a supersecretandawesome KHI costume.

Thanks for all of the work you're putting into this <3

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

@Maikiritori: I like the park idea! It seems convenient enough since I might be going back to the Fairmont hotel again. (:
And there's a water fountain for all the Demyxs to play in. xD ~!
But yeaaaah.
Thank you for putting such hard work into this~ ;w; I'm looking forward to the gathering (if I hadn't said so already lol).

maikiritori

Oh me, oh my. Time certainly flew by since the last time I posted/updated. Life got in the way a little bit. I apologize!

Anyway... @ Dilemma, the 5 people in a supersecretsuperawesome KH1 cosplay... just a wild guess but I'm thinking that it's one of the boss heartless. ^_^ I hope so. That would be sooooo amazing.
@chibi, Yay!! I'm glad someone likes the park idea.

I was (just so y'all know, I'm having soooo many typos right now... gee maybe if I wasn't up @ 2 in the morning this wouldn't happen?) talking to a few of my cospeeps offline about the park thing, and they suggested doing a more personalized photo shoot after the initial shoot. That way anyone who needs to go to get ready for Music Fest or (I think BWB is on Sunday) BWB, they can do that and still participate in the awesomeness of our gathering.
If not everyone wanted to go to the park (since getting photogs to follow us is kinda hard too) we could also ask for the Fountains in Front Hilton Side (FiFHS) for our meeting. We'd be in the shade of the trees, still have water for some awesome pics (A lot of the main characters lived on an island/were in cut scenes that had water/water elemental attacks).

If you guys have any suggestions for meeting place or actual gathering site (if different from meeting place) then, please speak up. I really do believe in Democracy. (lol) I was also going to be bringing a special (little) treat for everyone, so if anyone is allergic to anything, please let me know.

I'll be updating the first thread before the end of the month, but I will most likely be making more mistakes than fixing if I do it now. So, good night everyone.

Happy Lunar Eclipse and Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays!

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Hurrr... I didn't know there was gonna be a solar eclipse (I blame Edward Cullen HURRDERP).

Ouuh! Now THAT sounds like a good plan!
I don't know about you guys (which is quite a few lol), but as long as there is shade I'm fine with any place for the gathering. The only thing I'm concerned about is the space we'll get. Don't want no crowding and bumping, right? ;u;

I would totally make Vegan Sea Salt Ice Cream (it tastes just as good as the original~) if only the hotel room provides a freezer. =__=;
But... TREAATS! I LOVE TREATS~! YUM YUM YUMMM~ :"D And, I'm not allergic to anything. ^^;

Dilemma

@maikiritori: While I can neither confirm nor deny your guess, I would advise that there should be some keyblades handy during the gathering ;)

Also, my group would prefer to have the gathering by the fountains.

The five of us in the one costume can't eat(the costume is in our way); everyone else doesn't have allergies. Thank you! :)

maikiritori

Just to update a little, there is quite a bit of concern over the day and time of the gathering over on C.c, so I have given them the oppertunity for two gatherings over the course of the con. Most likely a late afternoon gethering on Thursday and our 5ish Sunday gathering. This is just a possibility. Because it is a possibility, I wanted you all to know about it too. I'd rather have one gathering, because I will be super busy with con staff department second stuff. I probably won't be able to cosplay for both of them, since my Sora is a very limiting costume and I have to move around a lot.

All that aside....
@Dilemma, when you say fountains, you mean the ones closest to the main entrance of the convention center/hotels, correct? The park seems like a long trek for the five of you if you have to do it in your costume (pre assembled).

monikamilani

Haha, wellll, my friend Amy's gonna be Kairi from the 2nd, and I'm changing mine to Sora from the 2nd.
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

The Crypt

hello there u can put me down for this gathering as terra
Its the 21st century CURE!!

maikiritori

Waaah! I'm sooo sorry to be updating 19 days after the latest I said I would. At the beginning of the year I started working one full time job and one part time job so I would be able to afford things before, during and right after Fanime....The down side to this is that I spend all of my free time sleeping. I apologize.

Aside from that, we're looking at bout 50 people confirmed and unconfirmed who are planning on attending. Yay~! I'll be updating the first post here in a moment, to reflect the changes.

Sometime soon, I will be posting what I think will be a good photo line up, and I would like all of your thoughts and ideas.

I'm soooo looking forward to this year. ^^

maikiritori

This is my proposed Photo Order. I have it set up this way because of the kinds of cosplays I expect to see, the research I did, and what kinds of cosplays showed up last year and the year before.

YOUR SILENCE WILL BE TAKEN AS ACCEPTANCE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LET ME KNOW.

Main Photo Order:
Nobodies/Heartless/Specialty Costumes
Sora/Riku/Kairi
Ventus/Terra/Aqua
Roxas/Axel/Xion
Sorak/Riku/Kairi/Ventus/Terra/Aqua/Roxas/Axel/Xion
Organization XIII
Halloween Town
Group Photo/Props/Various Characters
Good vs Evil
Fun Stuff (also done @ park if y'all want to)
Park Fountains:
Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Rising Falls, Atlantica, Port Royal,  and Halloween Town.

My research:

Fictional Timeline:

BBS
KH
CoM
358/2 Days
KH2

Main Characters:

Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Dongald, Goofy, Ansem the Wise/DiZ, Xehanort/Ansem, Org 13 Members, Xion, Naminé, Roxas, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Maleficent, Venitas, Nobodies and Heartless.

Main Worlds:

Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Disney Castle, Olympus Coliseum, Agrabah, Monstro, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Neverland, 100 Acre Wood, Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, Space Paranoids, Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons, Pride Lands, Port Royal, Dwarf Woods, Enchanted Domain, Castle of Dreams, Deep Space

BSaphire

Hello there KH cospeeps! With the #'s of possible attending for this gathering I would like to offer a suggestion or two.

My first suggestion is Sunday @ 5 pm because the best turn out of KH cosplayers I have ever seen has always been on Sunday towards 5 pm. With that suggestion & taking into consideration the Organization XIII & heartless cosplayers not to mention if a Goofy, Donald, or Micky show up.... I would like to suggest FHS (side of the convention center up in the corner with the trees) or the tree side of FiF HS  (across from the fountains) to hold your gathering at.

Some of you may have other cosplays planned for Sunday & may even be wearing your KH cosplay for Saturday's Cosplay Spectacular. Having it Sunday evening around 5 pm offers rewards such as the Delta Breeze coming in to cool things off a bit, sun is lower so there isn't as many problems for the photographers, less time conflict with other gatherings, and to top that off a group could form to go for dinner or ice cream when the gathering is over and still get back for the Black and White Ball or Music Fest. ** YUM! Salty Ice Cream! **

So, help Maikiritori out and take into consideration my suggestions to let her know what would really be a good idea for all this KH Mayhem.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

carladawn

Are there any princesses signed up for this gathering yet? I didn't see them on the list, and I noticed the cosplay.com thread for this isn't updated. Depending on weather, I want to go to this as either Alice in Wonderland or Ariel in her sail dress from KH2.

maikiritori

Unfortunately, the C.c first post won't edit for me. So I've just been posting the list periodically as we go along. I updated C.c at the same time I updated this list. I don't think there are any Princesses of Heart confirmed for the gathering on either site. There were (I think) two cospeeps who have tentatively said they would show as certain Princesses, pending other gatherings. They never updated with a firm yes or no. I believe they are still listed under unconfirmed on the C.c thread.

Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM      #30
maikiritori

Send a message via AIM to maikiritori Send a message via MSN to maikiritori Send a message via Yahoo to maikiritori

Kingdom Hearts Fanime 2011! Updated 1/20
Day:
Time:
MP:
L:

Title: Kingdom Hearts All
Characters:

Kingdom Hearts:

Cloud Strife~ Mkamzng1

Kingdom Hearts- CoM:

Kingdom Hearts II:

Sora (Card version)~ maikiritori
Dusk Nobody~ BSaphire
Roxas (Org 13)~ JazzyJailer
Axel~ isshunkurosaki*
Sora (Final Form)~ Zack Fair 2002
Riku ~ maggfan

Kingdom Hearts- 358/2Days:

Xion (Halloween Town)~ iiHANASTUKI

Kingdom Hearts- Birth By Sleep:

Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive:

Riku ~ ShadoYazoo

Unconfirmed:
Alice~ carladawn
Sally~ Robin-Sena
Ventus/Marluxia~ Silent Chaos
Roxas~ isshunkurosaki* (cousin)
Aqua~ UndercoverKitty
Sora (Final Form)~ UndercoverKitty (BF)
Riku (KH)~ iKurado
Kairi (KH/KHII)~ artisticpsyco
Roxas (KHII)~ Mochi-Snack

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=210893&page=2

WrentheFaceless

Debating if we want to bring out the KH costumes again, might have a tentative Eraqus and Aqua.

maikiritori

Hi guys! I just wanted to make sure everyone's still kicking. ^_^ I know I am. Not very hard, or with very much enthusiasm (16 hour days will suck the live right out of you). I was also checking to make sure everyone had a chance to look over the proposed photo order. I just want to make sure everyone's opinions are taken into account, so please speak up if you don't like it.

Dilemma

Heey.
I'm still alive!

Sorry for being gone/not having any input for so long. Had to make costumes/a skit for SacAnime, then school started and -brainsizzle-.

The photo order looks nice, and it seems that nothing was left out. If I can think of anything we're missing, I'll report back! =D

As for BSaphire's location/time suggestion - the more people the better, right? :3  And I can't say much for location, again, because I've only been to the place once and don't know the area very well. :P

And, good news =D We've switched up our costume so that it's easier to move in. Don't worry about us anymore. xD

Excitement!
-goes back to see if she missed anything-

ICosplayNeji

FFFFFFFFF EXCITEMENT ;D Everytime I work on my weapons I get all giddy lol. I'm attempting to make one of the Ethereal Blade designs Xemnas has in Days ^^; 'Attempting' being the key word >> Aaaanyways, I am all for the photo order ^^

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Quote from: maikiritori on January 21, 2011, 01:17:51 AM
Unfortunately, the C.c first post won't edit for me. So I've just been posting the list periodically as we go along. I updated C.c at the same time I updated this list. I don't think there are any Princesses of Heart confirmed for the gathering on either site. There were (I think) two cospeeps who have tentatively said they would show as certain Princesses, pending other gatherings. They never updated with a firm yes or no. I believe they are still listed under unconfirmed on the C.c thread.

Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM      #30
maikiritori

Send a message via AIM to maikiritori Send a message via MSN to maikiritori Send a message via Yahoo to maikiritori

Kingdom Hearts Fanime 2011! Updated 1/20
Day:
Time:
MP:
L:

Title: Kingdom Hearts All
Characters:

Kingdom Hearts:

Cloud Strife~ Mkamzng1

Kingdom Hearts- CoM:

Kingdom Hearts II:

Sora (Card version)~ maikiritori
Dusk Nobody~ BSaphire
Roxas (Org 13)~ JazzyJailer
Axel~ isshunkurosaki*
Sora (Final Form)~ Zack Fair 2002
Riku ~ maggfan

Kingdom Hearts- 358/2Days:

Xion (Halloween Town)~ iiHANASTUKI

Kingdom Hearts- Birth By Sleep:

Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive:

Riku ~ ShadoYazoo

Unconfirmed:
Alice~ carladawn
Sally~ Robin-Sena
Ventus/Marluxia~ Silent Chaos
Roxas~ isshunkurosaki* (cousin)
Aqua~ UndercoverKitty
Sora (Final Form)~ UndercoverKitty (BF)
Riku (KH)~ iKurado
Kairi (KH/KHII)~ artisticpsyco
Roxas (KHII)~ Mochi-Snack

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=210893&page=2

Ohh! Just to update on both threads, I'll be Organization Xion now. Not Halloweentown anymore. ^^;

And as for photo order...
The photo order is fine with me. Like what Dilemma said, I don't think there's anything missing. It involves almost all the characters.
OH. Now that I think about it, I guess maybe add the Disney characters? And the KH versions of FF characters? (:
Can't have Kingdom Hearts without those two! x)