San Francisco Anime Faire 2004

Started by Chloe, February 22, 2004, 10:46:41 AM

Chloe

By any chance, does anyone know when it will be happening?
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Bliss

Does it by any chance be called Cherry Blossom Festival?
Foolish Brother...
If You Want To Kill Me...
Then Hate, Spite...
And Survive Pathetically,
Run And Run...
And Cling Desperately To Life.

- Uchiha Itachi

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~
Costumes:
Tifa Lockhart (FF7)
Yuuhi Kurenai (Naruto)

RyuHayabusa

I guess she's talking about the one that happened at jtown last year. it's called JapanTown Anime Faire. So far, I haven't gotten any new info from the head guy, since I know him. BTW, I'll be going to Jtown tomorrow, so I'll be on the lookout concerning the cherry blossom festival ^_^
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

videogirlc

Cherry Blossom is April 25th and they are already taking sign ups.

Babbit_Chan

Quote from: "videogirlc"Cherry Blossom is April 25th and they are already taking sign ups.

Hey whoa I didn't even KNOW x_X Details?

ChenCzen

Im making going (cherry blossom festival) to this a tradition. Unfortunately, Im sure what I'll be wearing will most likely be a repeat of what I've got for Reccacon. I might be able to pull out something new to debut there, but beyond Sosuke Sagara (full metal panic) my plans are constantly changing.

I missed out on Jtaf last year, despite how close it is for me as opposed to other cons, because of work. I'll be there this year, hopefully. Its been a while since Ive talked to Mr. Nagar... gonna have to get all my info myself i guess.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

animeangelfish

I attended this the first year (last year) and they aren't positive (*is on the mailing list for them* ) but they will most liking be having the next one during the same time it was in 2003. But i'm not for sure on it..

(p.s. so who went by the way i went as Duo Maxwell with my buddy allie as quatre)

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Chloe

Wow, April 25th? Thanks for the date.  I hope it'll be nice this year...  Cherry Blossoms and costumes that is.

Chloe

So, is there anymore details on it? Place? Time?

videogirlc

Usually for Cherry Blossom you sign up for it in advance, call or go to Japan Video. Day of the parade the 25th, you check in at the Civic Center at 10 am, they do the judging some time after that. They announce the winners, but everyone gets something for participating.

astroboy

http://www.jtaf.com/

btw I'm also staff for JTAF. yes I know I'm weird. I was contemplating staffing/ volunteering for Sakura Con since I now live in Seattle. However I talked to one of the former staffers there and asked him, "so how do they treat the staff?"

He answer, " *censored text* you don't even get a free badge..they give you like a discount or something like that."

I was like " *censored text* forget that! "

okay enough talking smack about another con he he
now to get back on topic....

Miaka

I ran into ray the other night I don't think they've settled on a date yet for jtaf. I also signed up for the cherry blossom festival ^_^ Hopefully I can make the costume I signed up as if not I'll be going as something else...

Miaka

Tog

Does anyone know where the cosplay contest will take place? It's before the parade, right?

(PS: Wow... I didn't realize there are so many people here who live in SF...)

videogirlc

The costume contest judging for the parade takes place at the Civic Center.

UsakoMinako

HELLOOOO!!!!
I went to the prarade last year- it was fun! but be sure to take friends! and a camera!

I will call Japan Video on Saturday- we're making a CHOBITS GROUP so if anyone wants to dress us like CHI, FREYA or SUMOMO we have 2 life sized ATASHI and a REALLY good Yuzuki! (really!)
Yay!
Video Girl C- whats your plan this year?
;)

felicity869

ooh ooh ooh *raises hand* I want to be part of a chobits group

frumpy

Subject thread has no relations to Cosplay.

Moved to General Anime Chat.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

videogirlc

This year I'm going to go as Umi from Rayearth. Now I just have to get the motivation to fix it.

Bliss

I'm going to CBF as ANBU from Naruto. =D
Foolish Brother...
If You Want To Kill Me...
Then Hate, Spite...
And Survive Pathetically,
Run And Run...
And Cling Desperately To Life.

- Uchiha Itachi

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~
Costumes:
Tifa Lockhart (FF7)
Yuuhi Kurenai (Naruto)

felicity869

I don't understand why the topic was moved here. It had more to do with cosplay than anime. It would have made more sense to move it into the things in the universe. *shrugs*