Naruto Shonen Ai/Shojo Ai/Pairing Gathering 2011

Started by Eeri-chan, June 16, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Eeri-chan

I am planning this gathering for the same day as the Naruto gathering, so if that makes it more convenient, please let me know.

monikamilani

That's convinient but sorry if I show up and I don't look 16+ but I am, so..... I get it from genes. Lol looking a few years younger than my age. Especially without makeup XD
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Eeri-chan

Hello everyone! It's been a while since any posts have been made, and I just wanted to let everyone know that a new rule has been added. This rule is not intended to limit fun and merriment, but to keep other people around us happy so that we can do this again another year and don't get in trouble.

I understand that a lot of people might ship things like ItaSasu, or KakaNaru. This has nothing to do with my personal preference and everything to do with what parents might see as inappropriate. This rule also has an added bonus in that it means we won't have as many pairings to worry about getting missed. If you want to pose for something like one of the aforementioned pairings, I'm not going to be going around the con banging people on the head for it. Obviously. Please, feel free to do as you like in regards to posing at other locations, but at this gathering, I just want to keep it as organized and family friendly as possible.

Also, don't be afraid to start discussing stuff. I know this is a long way off, but even just friendly chat is encouraged. Especially since I am sure people will be looking for someone to pair with for those who do not have someone.

Thanks!

-Eeri

PinkHairSasuke

You can put me down for Pre-Time Skip Sasuke  ;D

TearxGuyFan

I'm Shinigami_Lover's Naruto though I may be Neji, Naru or Orochimaru this year.

TokenBlackGuy

If i may ask, how different is this from the regular naruto group?
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

GomenNasaiPro

I'll cosplay as Kakashi, either normal or formal kakashi from the shippuden ending

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ICosplayNeji

Hey, New Naruto Gathering Organizer here! I just wanted to let you know of the new thread for the regular gathering and stuff.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15141.0.html

The day of the regular gathering is Saturday and so far the vote for time is 11:30. I know you wanted to try and have our two gatherings somewhat close to each other ^^

vernajast

The "Het" couple in our group will be Minato/Kushina and the yaoi side would be either Kakashi/Iruka or SasuNaru. Haha we might even sneak in a little Madara/Minato!

We're planning to go to the general gathering and are doing a Naruto-focused panel, so our cosplay choices depend on the scheduling!

The 8 people in our group will be:
-Hokage!Minato (Yondaime) or Shipp Sasuke
-Pregnant!Kushina (Naruto's mom) or Shipp Naruto
-Kakashi or Pre-time-skip Naruto
-Iruka or Pre-time-skip Sasuke
-Tobi (Madara) (maybe)
-Tsunade (maybe)
-Sakura (Time period is currently undecided) or Karin
-Sage Mode Naruto

Naruto, Sasuke, Yondaime, Kushina, Reborn, Lambo, Mukuro, Hibari

Chessur

I'll be cosplaying Gaara (Shippuden) and I'm apart of Shingami_Lover's group.

I don't mind any requests for pairings...I have a feeling that my Naru will steal me and not share...

And just wondering, is kissing really that bad? I know it might be somewhat bad if it's yaoi/yuri, but still...People kiss all the time in movies...
Apart of Epic Failure Production <3

Cosplays planned~
Gaara (Naruto:Shippuden)
Death the Kid (Soul Eater)
Bakura (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Neoshadow (Kingdom Hearts series)
Kio (Loveless)
Gijinka Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

TearxGuyFan

Quote from: Chessur on January 31, 2011, 12:28:51 AM

I don't mind any requests for pairings...I have a feeling that my Naru will steal me and not share...

And just wondering, is kissing really that bad? I know it might be somewhat bad if it's yaoi/yuri, but still...People kiss all the time in movies...

Yes you're Naru will steal you and our Sasuke and Itachi! hehehe and I don't think kissing is bad just depends on the people right?

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: TearxGuyFan on February 03, 2011, 11:19:30 PM

Yes you're Naru will steal you and our Sasuke and Itachi! hehehe and I don't think kissing is bad just depends on the people right?

We can just go to the room or somewhere else to do other photos lets follow the rules here K
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Necara

Why not do it straight after the other Naruto gathering? That way no one will miss it.

I'd stay after the gathering for it, if you choose to do that.

Eeri-chan

Dear me. I have fallen behind on this. For some reason, the email notifications have stopped coming. ugh. I'll be double checking that so that I don't miss anymore questions!

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on October 13, 2010, 02:30:26 PM
If i may ask, how different is this from the regular naruto group?

It's different because this focuses on pairings, not teams, villages, etc. I've never actually seen that sort of stuff go on at the Naruto gathering--rather, I didn't last year--because there just isn't time to fit that in a gathering the size that Naruto gatherings tend to be. This gathering is meant to have fun with those things that we ship, essentially. And I'd already run this by the organizer of the Naruto gathering to get approval for it and, as long as I made the rules a certain way, it was okay. It doesn't infringe on what is already happening at the official Naruto gathering in anyway.

Quote from: BSaphire on December 05, 2010, 01:57:51 PM
Please update your 1st post. Thanks :)

Hai, hai! Will do ASAP! 

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on December 15, 2010, 01:14:49 AM
Hey, New Naruto Gathering Organizer here! I just wanted to let you know of the new thread for the regular gathering and stuff.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15141.0.html

The day of the regular gathering is Saturday and so far the vote for time is 11:30. I know you wanted to try and have our two gatherings somewhat close to each other ^^

Yeah, I do want it right after. I think what will happen is that we will do this gathering at the Naruto picnic. At this point, we could get a time slot for after the Naruto gathering, but I'm sure everyone also wants to go to the picnic and also be able to run around and not pose for pictures all day.

Although, now that I see that you're the new organizer... I am so confused. Oh man. So, is there a picnic happening too? Because I know when BrightHeart and I talked, there was. We'd talked about doing it at the picnic if need be. Do you know what's going on with that?

Quote from: vernajast on January 14, 2011, 11:19:51 PM
The "Het" couple in our group will be Minato/Kushina and the yaoi side would be either Kakashi/Iruka or SasuNaru. Haha we might even sneak in a little Madara/Minato!

We're planning to go to the general gathering and are doing a Naruto-focused panel, so our cosplay choices depend on the scheduling!

The 8 people in our group will be:
-Hokage!Minato (Yondaime) or Shipp Sasuke
-Pregnant!Kushina (Naruto's mom) or Shipp Naruto
-Kakashi or Pre-time-skip Naruto
-Iruka or Pre-time-skip Sasuke
-Tobi (Madara) (maybe)
-Tsunade (maybe)
-Sakura (Time period is currently undecided) or Karin
-Sage Mode Naruto

O_O

Sugeeeeeee!!! [overwhelmed]

The point of that rule is to keep people from crossing a strangers boundaries and also because we do not want minors in compromising poses, especially with a legal adult. I realise that a lot of people who cosplay are typically between 15-25 and sometimes someone who is seventeen and someone who is eighteen are together. It happens. But I don't want parents or someone walking around complaining.

Personally, I would not consider yaoi/yuri kissing bad at all. When I was seeing someone, she and I kissed all the time. Someone who wants to take offense to a gay couple is gonna do so whether they kiss or hold hands, and their complaint isn't going be listened to. They can't complain about the gathering because of their homophobic biases, but they can complain about inappropriate behavior in general. I've seen Pairing gatherings get out of hand. I'm not exactly one to get uncomfortable with pushing the envelope, but I found myself feeling that way at the two I've been. The last one I went to my little cousin--my thirteen year old cousin--saw some things I wish she hadn't.

"No kissing" will be difficult to enforce, but I hope that everyone does follow the rules. I'm seriously not trying to limit fun. Like I said, if you want to pose like that for your own pictures separate from the gathering, I would say go for it. I'm not in charge of what you do, but if something from the gathering gets called out then the chance of having another gathering like this is pretty small. And I'd really like to continue doing this gathering.

Quote from: TearxGuyFan on February 03, 2011, 11:19:30 PMand I don't think kissing is bad just depends on the people right?

Again, like I said above, this isn't just about respecting other people's boundaries, it's also about respecting the fact that little kids run around at conventions. One person starts kissing, then they start making out, someone jumps on someone else, then there's a dog pile of people, and it turns into a mini orgy. And yes, I have seen it happen at gatherings. If I allow kissing and then it gets out of hand, it's risk the future of the gathering.

I don't make these rules for no reason. This was something that was discussed between myself and the official Naruto gathering organizer as mandatory for the event. Yes, it will be hard to enforce, but only if people choose not to follow the rules. I do not mean to sound harsh, but I would really like it if you did follow the rules. Just think about it this way: if you have a little kid there with you, say four or five, and suddenly there are two people snogging viciously without reserve, would you feel comfortable allowing them to come to the con again?

Sure, it happens in movies, but if you take your kid to a rated R film, that's your problem. You take them to a convention, that should be considered family friendly--this isn't Ycon--then yes, I think some parents might get mad. It's not about the sex or gender identity of the people either. Boundaries should be respected, not just for the people involved in the gathering, but those walking surrounding it.

Quote from: Necara on February 05, 2011, 09:31:26 PM
Why not do it straight after the other Naruto gathering? That way no one will miss it.

I'd stay after the gathering for it, if you choose to do that.

That is the hope. I do need to discuss it with the official Naruto gathering organizer, but we were discussing before about the gathering being at the picnic. So, once I've talked to her and hashed things out, then we'll know for sure.

Again, sorry to be so MIA. Stupid emails not getting sent. I'll be working on college applications all this week, so I'm not gonna be back until that's done. I am sick of them hovering over me like a bad omen or something. T_T Feel free to keep chatting and I'll update the list as soon as I can!

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: Eeri-chan on February 14, 2011, 09:04:48 PM
Yeah, I do want it right after. I think what will happen is that we will do this gathering at the Naruto picnic. At this point, we could get a time slot for after the Naruto gathering, but I'm sure everyone also wants to go to the picnic and also be able to run around and not pose for pictures all day.

Although, now that I see that you're the new organizer... I am so confused. Oh man. So, is there a picnic happening too? Because I know when BrightHeart and I talked, there was. We'd talked about doing it at the picnic if need be. Do you know what's going on with that?

I hope I can clear up some of your confusion! Yes, we're gonna keep the picnic/lunch at the park plan and the offer to have your gathering there still stands ^^ I'm fine with it and I'm sure it will be okay with everyone else, the park's big enough for all of us. The official regular gathering time is 11:30 on Saturday and we were going to head over to the park as soon as our hour was up at 12:30. I really want to go to your gathering so I hope the info helps! Keep in touch ^^

- Neji

Eeri-chan

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on February 15, 2011, 02:30:10 PM
Quote from: Eeri-chan on February 14, 2011, 09:04:48 PM

I hope I can clear up some of your confusion! Yes, we're gonna keep the picnic/lunch at the park plan and the offer to have your gathering there still stands ^^ I'm fine with it and I'm sure it will be okay with everyone else, the park's big enough for all of us. The official regular gathering time is 11:30 on Saturday and we were going to head over to the park as soon as our hour was up at 12:30. I really want to go to your gathering so I hope the info helps! Keep in touch ^^

- Neji

Awesome! That does make things much clearer.

If that's okay, I think having the gathering at the picnic would just be the easiest way to make everyone happy because then someone who needs to go to the picnic, like the organizer, but who wants to also be at this gathering, can just be at both simultaneously. Also, the park is pretty and full of trees, which would be great for pictures. ^^

So, I'll change the time to 12:30 at the park during the picnic, then? ^^ 

Eeri-chan

THE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED! Yay, procrastination!

Okay guys, please go look over the list! If I've missed you or someone you know who is coming, please let me know! Names would make it a whole lot easier to identify people, not just saying "so-and-so's friend". I have no idea if my count is right. T_T

Also, please keep me updated about pairings you want to see, be a part of, etc. Right now, it seems like a small gathering, but I'm sure more people will arrive at the actual event. And also, people will just start joining in, I'm sure. If you didn't specifically state what you hope to pose for pair-wise, I might have just left that part blank because I was confused. So just make sure to clarify.

One more thing! With the date and time decided on, please update your costume if were undecided before because of the uncertainty on the time. If you are still unsure, don't worry about it, too much. Just let me know when you can so that I have more of an idea about the characters/pairings.

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: Eeri-chan on February 15, 2011, 02:54:27 PM

If that's okay, I think having the gathering at the picnic would just be the easiest way to make everyone happy because then someone who needs to go to the picnic, like the organizer, but who wants to also be at this gathering, can just be at both simultaneously. Also, the park is pretty and full of trees, which would be great for pictures. ^^

Coolness! Sounds good to me ^^ Oh, and as far as pairings go could you change mine to two stars? I'm not too picky when it comes to pairing Neji with people lol

- Neji

Eeri-chan

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on February 15, 2011, 03:37:45 PM
Quote from: Eeri-chan on February 15, 2011, 02:54:27 PM

Coolness! Sounds good to me ^^ Oh, and as far as pairings go could you change mine to two stars? I'm not too picky when it comes to pairing Neji with people lol

- Neji

Yay! And done! I left up the ShikaNeji just so that people would know that you would like that to happen. <3