Other Cons 2010

Started by G.I.R, June 17, 2010, 12:38:58 PM

AthenaAngie

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 23, 2010, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 23, 2010, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: Alyxiane on June 22, 2010, 11:16:58 PM
Don't worry. I am too. So far, I can only imagine myself in the cosplays rather than actually making them. XD

But you're still gonna cosplay? =o
Yep. I also have to make an extra cosplay for my boyfriend since he agreed to cosplay with me. (And boyfriend isn't the anime/manga type of person. Shall definitely be amusing. :D)

Dragged sis with me too so I won't carry all of the embarrassment x3 Do you buy your costumes or someone makes them for you? =o

Alyxiane

Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 23, 2010, 07:09:09 PM
Quote from: Alyxiane on June 23, 2010, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 23, 2010, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: Alyxiane on June 22, 2010, 11:16:58 PM
Don't worry. I am too. So far, I can only imagine myself in the cosplays rather than actually making them. XD

But you're still gonna cosplay? =o
Yep. I also have to make an extra cosplay for my boyfriend since he agreed to cosplay with me. (And boyfriend isn't the anime/manga type of person. Shall definitely be amusing. :D)

Dragged sis with me too so I won't carry all of the embarrassment x3 Do you buy your costumes or someone makes them for you? =o
I do want to be able to make at least half of the costumes by myself. Right now, it's a mix of making them myself, buying stuff where I can alter half of them, and commissioning if possible. I love the idea of being proud to wear what I accomplished into making by myself. :)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

AthenaAngie

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 23, 2010, 09:57:22 PM
I do want to be able to make at least half of the costumes by myself. Right now, it's a mix of making them myself, buying stuff where I can alter half of them, and commissioning if possible. I love the idea of being proud to wear what I accomplished into making by myself. :)

Oooh that's pretty cool~ :D Are you gonna cosplay for Kin-Yoobi?~

jacktchance

My friends and I made a last minute decision to go to AX.  Other than that, nothing else, although I want to go to Wondercon next year.

Alyxiane

Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 24, 2010, 01:07:46 AM

That's what I'm planning! I'm hoping to finish a schoolgirl version of Taiwan from Axis Powers Hetalia by Kin-Yoobi. :D

AthenaAngie

Ooh~ I'll look out for that then x3

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 24, 2010, 12:13:47 PM

That's what I'm planning! I'm hoping to finish a schoolgirl version of Taiwan from Axis Powers Hetalia by Kin-Yoobi. :D

How cute! Taiwan (and Seychelles!) are my two most favorite Hetalia characters <33
I can't wait to see your cosplay x3 !!

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

AthenaAngie

Quote from: pSyChOgArDeN on June 24, 2010, 02:32:24 PM

How cute! Taiwan (and Seychelles!) are my two most favorite Hetalia characters <33

I haven't seen Taiwan yet~ which episode is she from? =o

Alyxiane

Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 24, 2010, 04:17:58 PM

@pSyChOgArDeN: Thanks! I'm also having my boyfriend cosplay as Japan partially 'cause it's one of the very few hetero fanpairings in the series. (Meaning I don't have to crossplay this soon.) ahaha Plus he did have interest in being Japan anyway so it works out. XD

@AthenaAngie: Taiwan's been appearing in Himaruya's sketches but has yet to have an official appearance in the manga or anime. She does seem to have a role in the Gakuen Hetalia dating sim from the concept art seen but it's uncertain due to game being incomplete. Here's a bit of info on Taiwan.

AthenaAngie

Oooh I see~ I see~ She's cute :D I haven't looked up on the other future countries so I didn't have a clue~ x3

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 24, 2010, 10:08:05 PM
Quote from: AthenaAngie on June 24, 2010, 04:17:58 PM

@pSyChOgArDeN: Thanks! I'm also having my boyfriend cosplay as Japan partially 'cause it's one of the very few hetero fanpairings in the series. (Meaning I don't have to crossplay this soon.) ahaha Plus he did have interest in being Japan anyway so it works out. XD

@AthenaAngie: Taiwan's been appearing in Himaruya's sketches but has yet to have an official appearance in the manga or anime. She does seem to have a role in the Gakuen Hetalia dating sim from the concept art seen but it's uncertain due to game being incomplete. Here's a bit of info on Taiwan.

hahaha Japan~? That's sooo awesome. I can't wait to see you two! <33
I always wanted to cosplay as Seychelles but i always cut my hair too short. xP!
Someday~! lol <33

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

Shinsengumi

Yaoi con is the next con I'm going.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

monikamilani

I'm going to Kinyoobi too =DD I'm most likely gonna be there as choji/ girl version choji
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

AthenaAngie

Quote from: monikamilani on June 30, 2010, 10:40:39 AM
I'm going to Kinyoobi too =DD I'm most likely gonna be there as choji/ girl version choji

Woot I'll look for you then :D Chouji's awesome x3

Raydere

Deciding to skip AX this year was a mistake. Hardcore Synergy + AI hosting AX's arcade? RAWWWRRRR I'M STUCK UP HERE
Hopefully the folks at mydjsobad can pull something together for Fanime '11.

I will be going to Kin-Youbi Con (even if I don't think highly of it) and Yaoi-Con, though.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

G.I.R

Going to (Blame) AX on Sunday, Then SDCC later this month.

Raydere

I'm not going to Comic-Con ever because none of my RL friends around here want to go, so no hotel room.

G.I.R

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on July 04, 2010, 02:38:20 AM
I'm not going to Comic-Con ever because none of my RL friends around here want to go, so no hotel room.
That's "if" you can even get one...                   ... F@#$%*g Travel Planners.

MetalPriestess

I definitely wanna try to make Kin-Yoobi this year.  So far I've been to five cons, three years at Fanime and two at AOD in San Francisco.

Might break out the Mugen (Samurai Champloo) costume again, since I've only worn it once.

Only problem is getting there, since for multiple reasons I can't drive.  Also, I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to go, since I'm way more into cosplay and cons than them.  And I'd rather not take multiple modes of public transportation if I can help it.

Raydere

I wonder if I can have my own 360 setup (or at least bring my own games) at Kin-Youbi Con? Seeing as their gaming room was like 90% fighters and 10% rhythm games last year, I wanna throw some shmups into the mix.