Other Cons 2010

Started by G.I.R, June 17, 2010, 12:38:58 PM

Mordyan

I have been wanting to go to ComicCon for a few years now but cash has been tight as I have had to save up for my trip to GenCon in Indianapolis (third year going). Next year I am probably going to skip it and that will free me up for AX or ComicCon.

Fun note about GenCon: while it is primarily a convention for role playing games and board games, they have a hotel floor devoted to anime events. So it's like a mini anime convention. It even has its own artist alley.

Menchi

My friends and I are road tripping to GenCon this year.  Gots me a Heroscape tournament to win.  I'll have to look into the anime events.  I remember they had showings and such last year,  but I never really looked into it in depth as it was my first year.

Besides that I've got BlizzCon and PAX on the agenda.  Driving to all of them.

Cole

Does anyone know what artists are attending Yaoi-con this year?

I've got a table and so do my friends but we're curious as to who else is attending

nikkiecole <-- My DA
I'm also acting as a representative for aka-shiro and kaze-hime and I have permission to sell for them.

My friends who are also attending with me are toypanda and riingo.

G.I.R

Is anyone Else Going To Comic Con?  (and did you get a room, or the shaft from Travel Planners?)

c2chaos

My friends are going to Comic Con and they are couch-surfing (staying at a random person that they met online's place). I am thinking about going to SacAnime because I have a friend who's never been to a con before and he wants to go.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Jerry

Quote from: G.I.R on July 20, 2010, 09:11:08 PM
Is anyone Else Going To Comic Con?  (and did you get a room, or the shaft from Travel Planners?)

I'm just gonna check out Comic Con this year from the comfort of my own home... watching it on G4 and xbox live/ msn videos

I'm crossing my fingers for maybe in 2011.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

G.I.R

Quote from: Jerry on July 22, 2010, 08:22:49 AM
Quote from: G.I.R on July 20, 2010, 09:11:08 PM

I'm just gonna check out Comic Con this year from the comfort of my own home... watching it on G4 and xbox live/ msn videos

I'm crossing my fingers for maybe in 2011.
lol.  Their Scion XB passed us on I-5 on the way down yesterday.  ;D

If you are thinking about going next year, get a pass as soon as possible.  I had to wait in line ninety minutes las night to pre-reg for next year.

Jerry

too bad you didnt take a picture. Back in 2008, I was trying to get into the crowd behind AOTS while they were filming live, but without a awesome costume, it was kinda impossible :P

Too bad I could wander around as Russell, I think people would get a kick out it at Comic Con.

Here's hoping for 2011. Someone post a Link here ASAP once theyr registration opens [and sells out again in days] like it did back in 2009. :P

G.I.R

Kind of hard to take pictures at 65 MPH whilst your driving.  But I do have pics and Videos of FLynn's Arcade, and the world of TRON exhibit  (Disney must've put out the bucks for this).  I'll post early next week.

Raydere

Even if I was a Blizzard fan I wouldn't go to BlizzCon. For the price of going to that once, I could register for 3 years of Fanime, or for Sakura-Con, Fanime, and AX for one year. :P
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Lunapokema

Yosh, I've decided. I'm going to Kin-Yoobi Con, and I'm going to enter myself in the Anime Dating Auction on Sat. But, I don't know who to go as. For those who happened to see me at Fanime and even if you didn't, could you help me out? Of these three One Piece ladies, who would you want to date? ^^;

Nami - Water Seven version
Boa Hancock - Amazon Lily version
Nico Robin - Thriller Bark version
Thank you, and hope to see some of you there!

P.S.-

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on July 11, 2010, 01:29:41 AM
I wonder if I can have my own 360 setup (or at least bring my own games) at Kin-Youbi Con? Seeing as their gaming room was like 90% fighters and 10% rhythm games last year, I wanna throw some shmups into the mix.

Go their website: http://www.gzronline.com/convention.htm and send them an e-mail. The event coordinator is very nice and will answer any questions or concerns that you have.

Fanime 2013 Cosplay:
Jack Frost (RotG)
Monkey D. Luffy (OP){Series start;2YL;Film Z}
Princess Luna (MLP)

Yaoi Is My Anti-Drug
Anime: Crack is Cheaper... XD

Jerry

I'm also going to Kin-Yobi Con on Saturday, hope to see or make new friends.

Adventure is out there!

Caw Caw RAWR!~

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Jerry on July 27, 2010, 08:46:44 AM

Adventure is out there!

Caw Caw RAWR!~

I'll be there friday and saturday is my bday party. You're welcome to come to the party since it'll be running all night
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

monikamilani

Adventure is out there!

Caw Caw RAWR!~

Quote from: Lunapokema on July 26, 2010, 11:53:38 PM
Yosh, I've decided. I'm going to Kin-Yoobi Con, and I'm going to enter myself in the Anime Dating Auction on Sat. But, I don't know who to go as. For those who happened to see me at Fanime and even if you didn't, could you help me out? Of these three One Piece ladies, who would you want to date? ^^;

Nami - Water Seven version
Boa Hancock - Amazon Lily version
Nico Robin - Thriller Bark version
Thank you, and hope to see some of you there!

P.S.-

I wonder if I can have my own 360 setup (or at least bring my own games) at Kin-Youbi Con? Seeing as their gaming room was like 90% fighters and 10% rhythm games last year, I wanna throw some shmups into the mix.

Go their website: http://www.gzronline.com/convention.htm and send them an e-mail. The event coordinator is very nice and will answer any questions or concerns that you have.

Quote from: MetalPriestess on July 10, 2010, 06:00:44 PM
I definitely wanna try to make Kin-Yoobi this year.  So far I've been to five cons, three years at Fanime and two at AOD in San Francisco.

Might break out the Mugen (Samurai Champloo) costume again, since I've only worn it once.

Only problem is getting there, since for multiple reasons I can't drive.  Also, I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to go, since I'm way more into cosplay and cons than them.  And I'd rather not take multiple modes of public transportation if I can help it.

HECKS YEAH! More Fanime People! I think I'll Be Choji Female Version and SOra Female Version just fro the heck of it. I love making creative cosplays =DD
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Cole

To those going to Kin-Yoobi Con, can you let me know how it goes?  I have to work that weekend and can't attend but would like to get an estimate on attendance and on the Artist Alley for next year.  I'm selling for kaze-hime, aka-shiro, toypanda and myself at Yaoi-con and a few other cons that I know they'd do well at, but I don't know much about Kin-Yoobi con other than its pretty small.

Any info is much appreciated! Thanks ^^;

iomoon

I'm going to Kin Yoobi Con to help out with a booth. It'll be my first time going. :)

deonchan

Adventure is out there!

Caw Caw RAWR!~

that's next weekend right?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Jerry

august 6 and 7th, I'm going saturday.

deonchan

I think I can make that actually. It's the weekend B4 my big move to Fresno.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Menchi

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on July 24, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Even if I was a Blizzard fan I wouldn't go to BlizzCon. For the price of going to that once, I could register for 3 years of Fanime, or for Sakura-Con, Fanime, and AX for one year. :P

The trick to BlizzCon is selling what you get.  Back when they handed out beta keys, it was easy enough to make money  from the whole thing.  Also some of the BlizzCon exclusive merchandise can be turned over for a healthy sum.  I think I was able to make a hundred bucks reselling the Starcraft Poker Set.

Also it's a fun chance to meet guild mates and make a party time.