Tennis

Started by TX2, June 18, 2010, 02:49:31 PM

TX2

I like playing tennis. Is there any place at the convention center that would be good to play tennis.

michiko nakano

you could probably call a gathering at a place with public tennis courts (high school, park, etc) and though it would be a little ways away from con you could probably get people to come

Admiral Donuts

Honestly, I'd try any physical activity at Fanime. Too bad I missed cosplay dodgeball.

otakuya

I suggested an idea earlier in another thread to designate an area at the CC as "the Playground" and encourage more physical activities and games there, with organized play times on the program guide/schedule. I'd like it there so I don't run into any Duck Duck Goose games or games of tag throughout the halls.

Think about it: E-Gaming, Arcade Gaming, PC Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Play-Gaming (lack of better term).

BTW, there are (real) tennis courts at SJSU and Guadalupe River Park next to HP Pavilion. I'd like to see real Price of Tennis matches with people who actually play tennis, instead of just cosplaying.

Pen2AndyP

It'll end up to be more like Prince of Badminton, really.

michiko nakano

Badminton!  Now that's something that could actually be done in the con center, since the birdies don't travel very far and don't hurt when they hit you!  small court, too.  is there another ballroom behind the "dance party" room?  or is that used for storage?

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 21, 2010, 11:06:56 AM
...since the birdies don't travel very far and don't hurt when they hit you! 
Not exactly true XD
I took badminton as a class... and I hurt people with my playing XD

Either way I would love to have a badminton game at the convention :)

AbsolutelyCursed

What did you do?? Hit people with your racket??

AuroraDreamer

Sometimes... We had an exercise were we would watch the birdie as we hit it into the air. Well I ran into people and such... No fun DX
Also Birdies in eyes aren't fun XD

TX2

Quote from: Otakuya on June 21, 2010, 12:26:27 AM
BTW, there are (real) tennis courts at SJSU and Guadalupe River Park next to HP Pavilion. I'd like to see real Price of Tennis matches with people who actually play tennis, instead of just cosplaying.
Prince of Tennis versus Waluigi

TX2

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 21, 2010, 11:06:56 AM
Badminton!  Now that's something that could actually be done in the con center, since the birdies don't travel very far and don't hurt when they hit you!  small court, too.  is there another ballroom behind the "dance party" room?  or is that used for storage?
I was thinking more of stuffing 3 tennis matches into a singly one of the marriot panel rooms and spend most the the time practicing POWER SERVERS!

What could possibly go wrong?

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: TX2 on June 21, 2010, 07:10:00 PM
I was thinking more of stuffing 3 tennis matches into a singly one of the marriot panel rooms and spend most the the time practicing POWER SERVERS!

I fully support this idea XD

michiko nakano

do i get to wear bubble wrap?  :'D

TX2

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 21, 2010, 08:25:46 PM
do i get to wear bubble wrap?  :'D
You get to stand directly under one of the c'thuhlu chandelier and look up

But, yeah. I'm all for the badminton in the ballroom idea.

ewu

err ok idea presented and thoroughly explored...Staff will be notified, although bear in mind that our insurance will likely not allow it...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom