FanimeCon 2011 Cosplay & Peace-Bonding Thread [Final]

Started by Aelia, June 18, 2010, 08:03:07 PM

Aelia

Quote from: Hibari-san on March 11, 2011, 12:17:41 AM
I know this may sound weird but..

Does a cardboard box count as a prop (it's part of my Sealand [Hetalia] cosplay) and am I allowed to bring it inside Fanime?

A cardboard box is... well, as long as it easily fits through doorways, you're fine.
Director of Operations

tsukichu☆

Quote from: Aelia on March 11, 2011, 11:41:02 AM
Quote from: Hibari-san on March 11, 2011, 12:17:41 AM
I know this may sound weird but..

Does a cardboard box count as a prop (it's part of my Sealand [Hetalia] cosplay) and am I allowed to bring it inside Fanime?

A cardboard box is... well, as long as it easily fits through doorways, you're fine.

Okay, Thank you! ;v;
Fanime 2014 - Fey Rune (Inazuma GO Chrono Stone), Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven)

MAYBE: Kagerou Project, Danball Senki Wars, Dangan Ronpa

Taakutsu @ deviantART, sarufei @ Tumblr

azreale

SO! Hsien ko/ lei lei from Darkstalkers is on my list.
http://images.wikia.com/darkstalkers/images/2/2c/Col-leilei.gif

would I need her claws Peace bonded or something? or would they not be allowed?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Aelia

Quote from: azreale on March 13, 2011, 08:28:34 PM
SO! Hsien ko/ lei lei from Darkstalkers is on my list.
http://images.wikia.com/darkstalkers/images/2/2c/Col-leilei.gif

would I need her claws Peace bonded or something? or would they not be allowed?

I think so long as the claws were just large and not sharp, and they were actually attached to the clothing, you'd be alright without the peacebonds, and you'd be alright.
Director of Operations

azreale

Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Hizu

Planning cosplay for Great black sword from BRS. I was thinking of making her "arm sword" out of foam (or something light weight since it'll be attached to 1 arm). But considering the length and that it doesn't have a sheath would there be any problem?

ref picture: http://img843.imageshack.us/f/14917615790677304011646.jpg/

LastExile

I'm considering cosplaying as Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
He carries around an old oil lantern a lot throughout the game.
I saw that incendiary devices are not permitted, and I was wondering if that would apply to the lantern?
Obviously, the lantern wouldn't have any oil in it, nor would I be carrying around matches or anything with which to light the lantern.

redroses3164

This is just a random question since I never had props to peacebond before. What color(s) are the zip-ties?

Aelia

Quote from: redroses3164 on March 16, 2011, 10:04:35 AM
This is just a random question since I never had props to peacebond before. What color(s) are the zip-ties?
It's a surprise. I can't tell you in advance. What I will tell you is that we're going to have to put it somewhere that will be visible while you're walking around, and that we try to balance that with putting it somewhere that it won't show up in photos.

Quote from: LastExile on March 15, 2011, 03:30:06 PM
I'm considering cosplaying as Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
He carries around an old oil lantern a lot throughout the game.
I saw that incendiary devices are not permitted, and I was wondering if that would apply to the lantern?
Obviously, the lantern wouldn't have any oil in it, nor would I be carrying around matches or anything with which to light the lantern.

When you say oil lantern... do you mean the sort which is structurally metal except for one glass piece, or do you mean something closer to a hurricane lamp which is 90% glass?
Director of Operations

Segakid3

LastExile

I think I mean the one that is mostly metal.
Basically like this:

RooBird

Hi! I'm cosplaying a character with a gun. I understand guns seem to be especially cracked down upon at Fanime, so I decided it would be best to ask if the gun I have is alright.  :) It's a 37 inch long toy musket rifle. Here's a picture:
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/HerMajestyTQ/Mamigun.png?t=1300513712
It looks rather realistic and is a cap gun. Of course though, I will not be bringing caps. I plan on super gluing/hot gluing the orange tip on and removing the trigger completely to make it even more obvious that it's fake. Will this be alright? I didn't realize until after ordering it online that it might be a bit too realistic.  Hopefully it's alright!
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

JewishCosplayer

I feel bad for having to ask another question but, I have a 6ft long and 4ft wide Belarus flag. I'm getting a flag pole for it, but what I'm curious is: How tall are the doorways in the convention center? I want to make sure the pole can go easily through without hurting myself or anyone else.  ???

Aelia

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on March 21, 2011, 08:21:06 PM
I feel bad for having to ask another question but, I have a 6ft long and 4ft wide Belarus flag. I'm getting a flag pole for it, but what I'm curious is: How tall are the doorways in the convention center? I want to make sure the pole can go easily through without hurting myself or anyone else.  ???

Same size as a doorway in your house. Doors are standardized.
Director of Operations

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: Aelia on March 21, 2011, 11:59:16 PM

Um...I live in a trailer and my doors are shorter then normal.

Aelia

Quote from: JewishCosplayer on March 22, 2011, 02:19:00 AM
Quote from: Aelia on March 21, 2011, 11:59:16 PM

Um...I live in a trailer and my doors are shorter then normal.

Huh. They weren't shorter in the one I lived in, but that's fine. Standardized height is 6'8". Width is approximately 3', though that can vary a little (Inside a house, it's actually 2' 6", but SJCC doors are handicap accessible, I believe, so they'll be 3')
Director of Operations

Aelia

There are a few edits to the weapons policy & the addition of the Flag Etiquette section to the first three posts.
Director of Operations

udonoodle

Hello!
I have a sword (which i'm planning on altering the handle into a prop)
it's edges are NOT sharpened
but it has a pointy end
It is made of metal

Will this get taken?

Aelia

Quote from: udonoodle on March 31, 2011, 10:32:58 PM
Hello!
but it has a pointy end
It is made of metal

Will this get taken?

No. We don't peace-bond metal swords.
Director of Operations

udonoodle

Quote from: Aelia on March 31, 2011, 10:39:11 PM
Quote from: udonoodle on March 31, 2011, 10:32:58 PM
Hello!
but it has a pointy end
It is made of metal

Will this get taken?

No. We don't peace-bond metal swords.

...so why do you say "live steel" rather than "all steel"?
thanks for the update
(although i am a little depressed)