Aelia

Quote from: Darkyukirin on May 10, 2011, 10:55:04 PM
Quote from: udonoodle on March 31, 2011, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: Aelia on March 31, 2011, 10:49:23 PM
Quote from: udonoodle on March 31, 2011, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: Aelia on March 31, 2011, 10:39:11 PM
Quote from: udonoodle on March 31, 2011, 10:32:58 PM
Hello!
I have a sword (which i'm planning on altering the handle into a prop)
it's edges are NOT sharpened
but it has a pointy end
It is made of metal

Will this get taken?

No. We don't peace-bond metal swords.

...so why do you say "live steel" rather than "all steel"?
thanks for the update
(although i am a little depressed)

Any sword which is made of metal is made to be potentially sharpened. It's the way they're designed. So all metal swords are "live steel"

What people have done in the past to still have something to carry is cutting off the blade and attaching the handle to hilt. That's your choice though. Other people have substituted bokken, because they basically look like sheathed swords-- unless your sword would be a western-style sword rather than a katana-- and they can be made to work.

"handle to hilt"?
a hilt is a handle isn't it?
well i guess thanks is order (it would have sucked to finish the prop and then figure this out)
i'll just make the whole thing out of expandable foam and be done with it >.>

So to be clear on the sword, as long as it doesn't have a sharp tip and not metal it can be peace bonded right?
Therefore Rukia's white sword (wooded) would be okay?
http://www.hellocosplay.com/bleach-kuchiki-rukia-zanpakuto-sword-sode-no-shirayuki-p-178.html

Yes, a wooden sword would be ok.
Director of Operations

manik_semiramis

I'm planning to carry Helga von Vogelweide's wand (from trinity blood), and for the crystal part of it, I have a vogel cut crystal.  The tip is pretty sharp, but I've capped it with clay... is that okay?
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Aelia

Quote from: manik_semiramis on May 12, 2011, 02:57:38 AM
I'm planning to carry Helga von Vogelweide's wand (from trinity blood), and for the crystal part of it, I have a vogel cut crystal.  The tip is pretty sharp, but I've capped it with clay... is that okay?
That should be alright so long as the cap stays on.
Director of Operations

Lucky

Quote from: Aelia on May 02, 2011, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: Lucky on May 02, 2011, 04:17:30 PM
I have a bit of a concern about my costume meeting Fanime's requirements.
I would like to do a police version of Spain from Hetalia, but I'm worried about it violating the "no realistic depictions of law enforcement" rule. It is obviously different from police uniforms in California, I believe, and the word "police" would not be anywhere on it. The hat would clearly be fake, bought from a costume store. Would this be alright?

Also, would a tiny, fluorescent colored squirt gun be okay, provided it stays empty and isn't used to squirt anyone or pointed towards anyone? Or would I need to remove the functional parts of that, too?

With the squirt gun, it can't be fillable, or usable. So it either needs a hole in it to keep it from being filled, or the trigger needs to be disabled.

As far as the costume; it cannot say "police" (or "policia") and it should not have badges on it. If it looks like the picture you linked to, it should be alright.

Okay, thank you! (:

God91125

So I'm cosplaying as Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 and I recently saw/bought this Double Barrel NERF shottie. I know the rules are it can't be functional and I def wasn't planning on bringing the ammo and as for it not being functional...well since it's a double barrel only way one can load it, is to crack it open like a double barrel shottie so if you guys peace bond that part down so that I can't crack it open would that be alright? I also plan to spray paint it black but to keep the tip the bright color orange.

Also was thinking of having a Guitar Hero Guitar strapped to my back would that be alright and does that need to be bonded as well?

EDIT: Of course if theirs any other adjustments I can make, to make it more acceptable I'm more than willing to hear some ideas. Gluing things tight or disassembling them.

http://thenerfwars.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/nerf_shotgun203.jpg Found a picture of it as well. The orange part is what I ment about cracking it open as it folds into a L shape but I would think it could be peace bonded down to stick to the yellow part so it cannot open at all.

Aelia

Quote from: God91125 on May 13, 2011, 12:35:17 AM
So I'm cosplaying as Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 and I recently saw/bought this Double Barrel NERF shottie. I know the rules are it can't be functional and I def wasn't planning on bringing the ammo and as for it not being functional...well since it's a double barrel only way one can load it, is to crack it open like a double barrel shottie so if you guys peace bond that part down so that I can't crack it open would that be alright? I also plan to spray paint it black but to keep the tip the bright color orange.

Also was thinking of having a Guitar Hero Guitar strapped to my back would that be alright and does that need to be bonded as well?

EDIT: Of course if theirs any other adjustments I can make, to make it more acceptable I'm more than willing to hear some ideas. Gluing things tight or disassembling them.

http://thenerfwars.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/nerf_shotgun203.jpg Found a picture of it as well. The orange part is what I ment about cracking it open as it folds into a L shape but I would think it could be peace bonded down to stick to the yellow part so it cannot open at all.

Bring it to a peace bonding station. If they can make it so it can't be loaded, then yeah, that could work.
Director of Operations

God91125

Quote from: Aelia on May 13, 2011, 09:22:38 AM

Bring it to a peace bonding station. If they can make it so it can't be loaded, then yeah, that could work.

Alright much thanks and will the gun and guitar hero guitar both need to be peace bonded to my back or something? Guess curious since having all that on my back may get tedious. xD Guitar is wireless and has a strap so was gonna stick that back there and was thinking of holding the shottie but I know that it may need to be peace bonded to my side or back as well.

Aelia

Quote from: God91125 on May 13, 2011, 10:13:44 AM
Quote from: Aelia on May 13, 2011, 09:22:38 AM

Alright much thanks and will the gun and guitar hero guitar both need to be peace bonded to my back or something? Guess curious since having all that on my back may get tedious. xD Guitar is wireless and has a strap so was gonna stick that back there and was thinking of holding the shottie but I know that it may need to be peace bonded to my side or back as well.

We won't be attaching props to people this year. We're just being much stricter about what you can get away with. The gun can't ever be pointed at anyone, no matter what. Even if you're posing for pictures. So you can carry the guitar on the strap and hand-carry the gun if you want, but it won't have to be attached to the guitar.
Director of Operations

God91125

Ohh ok seems like a very nice new rule :) I'll be sure to keep all that in mind then thanks. :) I hope many others appreciate it as well. >_<

Mathias

A company called Blue Gun makes a plastic replica in solid blue, which can be seen here : www.botachtactical.com/bluco19.html

Would this be ok?

Aelia

Quote from: Mathias on May 13, 2011, 02:17:57 PM
A company called Blue Gun makes a plastic replica in solid blue, which can be seen here : www.botachtactical.com/bluco19.html

Would this be ok?
Uh... that link doesn't work. Please get me a better one.
Director of Operations

Mathias

Quote from: Aelia on May 13, 2011, 03:19:34 PM

Would this be ok?

Sorry about that, missed a letter
http://www.botachtactical.com/blguco19.html

Magabari

I'm going to be cosplaying as Chris Redfield from resident evil code veronica, and I have a spring air soft pistol that has been disabled and stripped of all internal parts that would allow it to chamber and fire a projectile. Is it possible to get that peace bonded?
Thou art the whisper in the gloom, The hinting tone, the haunting laugh: Thou art the adorner of my tomb, The minstrel of mine epitaph. -A portion of the poem "The Dark Angel" written by Lionel Johnson

Aelia

Quote from: Mathias on May 13, 2011, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: Aelia on May 13, 2011, 03:19:34 PM
Would this be ok?
Sorry about that, missed a letter
http://www.botachtactical.com/blguco19.html
Bring it in for review. I'd like to see that in person before I make a judgment.

Quote from: Magabari on May 15, 2011, 01:28:33 AM
I'm going to be cosplaying as Chris Redfield from resident evil code veronica, and I have a spring air soft pistol that has been disabled and stripped of all internal parts that would allow it to chamber and fire a projectile. Is it possible to get that peace bonded?
Our rule on this one is no airsoft, regardless of functionality.
Director of Operations

zeroelement

Advice was taken badly removed by poster
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Aelia

Quote from: zeroelement on May 16, 2011, 08:45:04 PM
By the way just some nice info. Always check the Weapons policy in the Magazine they give you at registration. If that one and this one dont match up By the rules of the con they MUST use the one in the book not online.
Which "rules of the con" are you referring to, exactly?
Director of Operations

ewu

Please note that Aelia is a Fanime Rovers department head and one of her roles include WRITING the weapons policy you mention.

The weapons policy is written to be as clear as possible. However, following the weapons policy to the letter and exploiting any "loop holes" will STILL result in a violation of the weapons policy. Your interpretation may be one of the many interpretations of the weapons policy, but the Rovers' interpretation will be the interpretation that will be enforced.

Thanks,

Eric
Fanime Forums Mod

Quote from: zeroelement on May 16, 2011, 08:45:04 PM
By the way just some nice info. Always check the Weapons policy in the Magazine they give you at registration. If that one and this one dont match up By the rules of the con they MUST use the one in the book not online.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

BSaphire

We are less than 2 weeks out from Fanime Con and I would like to remind everyone what this thread is for and that I DO MOD this section. If you want to "Troll" then do it quietly. Please don't stir the pot in my section... It is unnecessary and very unproductive. I have no problem locking a thread.... I have over 55 pages of them!

Squidges & Love to all the Cool Cospeeps!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Aelia

*Cough* Moving along...

The information in the first post of this thread is in the program guide, posted on the website, and printed on quite a few signs around the con. If you have questions during con, I will be monitoring this thread, so do feel free to post here through Monday after-con.

I think I'm caught up with all the questions which have been posted. If I've missed you, please re-post.
Director of Operations

JewishCosplayer

I was wondering if my Belarus' knife was alright to bring along? It's base is plastic, it's a kid's toy. I painted it and attached a few accessories and used fake blood on the blade. It barely has any weight, and is very fragile, so I won't have it out aside from pictures.

Here's the picture:
http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/AkiSamui/?action=view&current=Belarusknife.png