FanimeCon 2011 Cosplay & Peace-Bonding Thread [Final]

Started by Aelia, June 18, 2010, 08:03:07 PM

Aelia

Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on August 19, 2010, 04:08:49 PM
Ah.. -raises hand- I still need a little help on peace-bonding.. >-<"
-points to my previous , yet old,post-

Ahh... my "what are you cosplaying" was more nosy than anything. You'll just need to come by a peace-bonding station in costume with your props and you'll be fine. We'll walk you through it. Unless you still had questions?
Director of Operations

azreale

hi i know you probably noticed my last post. but just to make sure (since i always forget to reply if someone different posted after another person)  * ^^* Kirara as a quad ok or no?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: Aelia on August 19, 2010, 05:04:51 PM

Ahh... my "what are you cosplaying" was more nosy than anything. You'll just need to come by a peace-bonding station in costume with your props and you'll be fine. We'll walk you through it. Unless you still had questions?

Thank you.
where is this peace-bonding station located?

Aelia

Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on August 19, 2010, 06:22:33 PM

Thank you.

I can't tell you that for sure yet. You'll have to wait until closer to the convention.
Director of Operations

azreale

Quote from: azreale on August 19, 2010, 03:14:56 PM
Quote from: Aelia on August 19, 2010, 12:19:15 AM
Quote from: azreale on August 18, 2010, 10:29:23 PM
Quote from: Aelia on August 03, 2010, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: azreale on August 03, 2010, 11:20:20 PM
can i use tonfa made out of cardboard or foam as a prop or is that also not ok?
also if i have two props, a stand alone giant Kirara and sango's hiraikotsu, can they both be long and large or do they have to fit the sixe restriction as if they were one large prop?
Our size restriction is intended to make it so that in the case of an evacuation, we would not have huge cosplayers with huge props clogging doorways and slowing everything down. If you feel that your Sango props and costume combined would not pose a moving hazard in such a situation, then everything should be fine.
my Stand alone kirara would be rather large.... but on wheels and easy to move but horizontal do to her structure. do you think that would be ok? 
like in this picture: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1108608/
this cosplayer did the same think that im thinking of. she doesn't have her boomerang in this picture but she did have both

this ok? or to much of a potential hazard?

Err.... I'm gonna say that Kirara should stay outside-- that is, on the first floor concorse, and out front by the fountains. Just for crowd reasons (both when you're trying to move, and when you get stopped for fifty bazillion pictures) It would not be okay in the exhibit halls, because they get too crowded.

If you do actually make that, please do enter in masquerade. I think it would be prize-worthy. Grab some other inuyasha cosplays, too.
haha thanks
well what about if kirara was alone? would she be aloud in  the halls? im asking because the plan i have now is to make it so that i can either walk with a stand alone kirara with me. or wear the kirara myself as a costume.  As Kirara i'd have a handler but as she is still big i wanted to know if she'd be allowed upstairs in the more popular areas?  i did this two years ago with Akamaru  but kirara's a tad bigger with her tails & all.  just making sure this would be ok
thanks!
??? the above quote????

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Aelia

Quote from: azreale on August 19, 2010, 08:28:10 PM
also if i have two props, a stand alone giant Kirara and sango's hiraikotsu, can they both be long and large or do they have to fit the sixe restriction as if they were one large prop?
Our size restriction is intended to make it so that in the case of an evacuation, we would not have huge cosplayers with huge props clogging doorways and slowing everything down. If you feel that your Sango props and costume combined would not pose a moving hazard in such a situation, then everything should be fine.
my Stand alone kirara would be rather large.... but on wheels and easy to move but horizontal do to her structure. do you think that would be ok? 
this cosplayer did the same think that im thinking of. she doesn't have her boomerang in this picture but she did have both

Err.... I'm gonna say that Kirara should stay outside-- that is, on the first floor concorse, and out front by the fountains. Just for crowd reasons (both when you're trying to move, and when you get stopped for fifty bazillion pictures) It would not be okay in the exhibit halls, because they get too crowded.

If you do actually make that, please do enter in masquerade. I think it would be prize-worthy. Grab some other inuyasha cosplays, too.
haha thanks
well what about if kirara was alone? would she be aloud in  the halls? im asking because the plan i have now is to make it so that i can either walk with a stand alone kirara with me. or wear the kirara myself as a costume.  As Kirara i'd have a handler but as she is still big i wanted to know if she'd be allowed upstairs in the more popular areas?  i did this two years ago with Akamaru  but kirara's a tad bigger with her tails & all.  just making sure this would be ok
thanks!
??? the above quote????
I'm gonna need some real dimensions to be able to visualize just how large we're talking here.
Director of Operations

azreale

Quote from: Aelia on August 19, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????
I'm gonna need some real dimensions to be able to visualize just how large we're talking here.

hmmmm.... at the tallest she'll be about 4'5" or shorter. and in length about..... 5-6.5 ft long?  at the VERY longest 7. but thats doubtful

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Aelia

Quote from: azreale on August 19, 2010, 10:51:48 PM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????
hmmmm.... at the tallest she'll be about 4'5" or shorter. and in length about..... 5-6.5 ft long?  at the VERY longest 7. but thats doubtful
The verdict is something along the lines of:
Provided that she really stays within the 4.5' x 6.5' range, you can have her out on the concourse, in the public areas of the convention center. Kirara would not be allowed into panels, video rooms, or exhibit halls.
Director of Operations

azreale

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

azreale

Quote from: Aelia on August 19, 2010, 11:25:24 PM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????
Provided that she really stays within the 4.5' x 6.5' range, you can have her out on the concourse, in the public areas of the convention center. Kirara would not be allowed into panels, video rooms, or exhibit halls.

thats fine. but if i/kirara were to enter the halls for a moment and stayed in the open areas to hide from the crowds  or in the alcoves by the exits of the halls, would that be ok?  (i.e. open areas in the gamers hall or  the open spots by the exits that are usually very uncrowded?)

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Aelia

Quote from: azreale on August 20, 2010, 12:52:17 AM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????

thats fine. but if i/kirara were to enter the halls for a moment and stayed in the open areas to hide from the crowds  or in the alcoves by the exits of the halls, would that be ok?  (i.e. open areas in the gamers hall or  the open spots by the exits that are usually very uncrowded?)

The big reason we're saying "no exhibit halls" is because of the doorways. The areas near them aren't too crowded, but hanging out by entrances and exits is bad. In Dealer's Hall, the only good "uncrowded" place to be is in the area at the far end from the doors, and to get there you have to walk through very crowded aisles. Artist's alley, the walkway is bigger, and slightly less crowded, but it would still be problematic and a crowd-flow problem. E-Gaming is usually empty enough that you could walk around the outside of the arcade games, as long as swap-meet isn't going on, but still getting inside can be problematic at times.

We're sticking with stay outside of the exhibit halls.

I also want to mention that Kirara + the boomerang would be fine outside, or on the concourse.
Director of Operations

azreale

Quote from: Aelia on August 20, 2010, 10:57:38 AM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????

The big reason we're saying "no exhibit halls" is because of the doorways. The areas near them aren't too crowded, but hanging out by entrances and exits is bad. In Dealer's Hall, the only good "uncrowded" place to be is in the area at the far end from the doors, and to get there you have to walk through very crowded aisles. Artist's alley, the walkway is bigger, and slightly less crowded, but it would still be problematic and a crowd-flow problem. E-Gaming is usually empty enough that you could walk around the outside of the arcade games, as long as swap-meet isn't going on, but still getting inside can be problematic at times.

I also want to mention that Kirara + the boomerang would be fine outside, or on the concourse.

Thats fine.  I redid my plans and foun that at the very largest. Kirara would be 5ft long & 4 feet tall. This still means no halls though correct?

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Aelia

Quote from: azreale on August 22, 2010, 02:12:04 PM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????

Thats fine.  I redid my plans and foun that at the very largest. Kirara would be 5ft long & 4 feet tall. This still means no halls though correct?

I think we're gonna stick with "outside the exhibit halls" because of the length of kirara. She's just so very large.
Director of Operations

azreale

Quote from: Aelia on August 22, 2010, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: azreale on August 22, 2010, 02:12:04 PM

haha thanks
thanks!
??? the above quote????

I think we're gonna stick with "outside the exhibit halls" because of the length of kirara. She's just so very large.

thats perfectly fine. thank you! =D haha 

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: Aelia on August 19, 2010, 07:22:34 PM
Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on August 19, 2010, 06:22:33 PM

Thank you.

I can't tell you that for sure yet. You'll have to wait until closer to the convention.

Ok, thanks for the P.B. help!

thisisduffman

PB Queen,

I noticed azreale mentioned having Kirara on wheels. In the past, we've not allowed roller blades/skates, scooters and bicycles on the upper concourse. It's a rare problem anyway, but what's the official stance on it this year? And can a prop with wheels be allowed under certain conditions?
Tony
Rovers Second
[email protected]

Aelia

Quote from: skyxkami on September 12, 2010, 08:04:10 PM
PB Queen,

I noticed azreale mentioned having Kirara on wheels. In the past, we've not allowed roller blades/skates, scooters and bicycles on the upper concourse. It's a rare problem anyway, but what's the official stance on it this year? And can a prop with wheels be allowed under certain conditions?

We're still not allowing skateboards/rollerblades/rollerskates. I have to admit, I didn't think about the "on wheels" thing, but I think large props on wheels are different from skateboards.

Gonna bring that question to the higher ups and get a firmer answer.
Director of Operations

Nina Star 9

I was wondering about a specific prop.

I'm planning on doing this[/cosplay] and having the club. I was thinking of using a prop Halloween one similar to [url=http://www.halloween31.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3593&]this and painting it to look like a more realistic woodgrain (instead of plastic). It is very lightweight in real life and would take a lot of effort to damage someone/something with it.

Would this be allowed, and if not, if there any way I can modify it so it is allowed?

Thank you~ :D

Aelia

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on September 26, 2010, 09:39:39 PM
I was wondering about a specific prop.

I'm planning on doing this cosplay and having the club. I was thinking of using a prop Halloween one similar to this and painting it to look like a more realistic woodgrain (instead of plastic). It is very lightweight in real life and would take a lot of effort to damage someone/something with it.

Would this be allowed, and if not, if there any way I can modify it so it is allowed?

Thank you~ :D
I see no issue with a wood-toned plastic club. You'd have to get it tagged, but carrying it should not be a problem. If you make that costume, just be sure you plan to prevent any slipping, and then you should be fine.
Director of Operations

Nina Star 9

Don't wory about slipping~ I'm planning on securing the top very well (and I will be wearing a well-fitted bra underneath that it will likely be attached to), and the bottoms are going to be a little more covering (more like a skirt with a slit + boyshorts rather than a bikini + a waist wrap).

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Also, just to make sure... a non-functional giant hammer that is small enough to fit through doorways (it will probably end up being ~5'7" or 5'8" so) would be allowed if I get it tagged, correct?