Dating Game Show Panel for 2011.

Started by c2chaos, June 18, 2010, 11:45:28 PM

Somebody

Quote from: c2chaos on July 08, 2010, 12:30:58 PM
^hahaha. That was good, especially the second part!

Which still leaves me deciding...would we want to keep it cosplay or anyone?

Hmmm.... If it was just for cosplayers...

Pros:
Fewer people can enter (fewer people to deal with)
Cosplayers would be in character (more fun imho)
Easier to come up with gags?

Cons:
Fewer people can enter (if you really want to have a large selection)
Some people have trouble being in character while in cosplay, that or it may get boring being in character
Easier to come up with gags?

Honestly it's an opinion thing, I'm just trying to spark thoughts in others. I have no real idea on what would be true...(I'm not a funny person, but I wish I was! xD)
I was confused in the first part of the video because she said girl cosplayers: cosplaying AS a girl or just is a girl who is cosplaying? xDDD

Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

NerdyBirdAsh

I think it should be anyone.

Making it cosplay only adds difficulties, and I thought that we had come to the conclusion that this was for srs business (Well, as serious as con dating goes, anyway. xD) and not just for kicks. Though if this is just for sh*ts and giggles, cosplay only would be cool I guess? Though I think it would quickly go sour depending on what characters were up and the questions could get out of hand...not to mention the fangirls/boys... *shudder*

Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

c2chaos

^ True.

So I take it that you'll be my wingman, ash_chan?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

NerdyBirdAsh

Knightfire

It has been a while since I have been on, is the Dating show still in the works?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Knightfire

The last I checked, there was a debate over whether the contestants had to be in cosplay or not, and that was a month ago.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

princesskitty18

ash_chan: i hope u remember me!! i would love to be part of this because it sounds soo amusing and so much fun! i would also love to help host and help in anyway possible

c2chaos: please let us kno if u need any help

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!
and the regular speed dating event as well :)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

c2chaos

Thank you so much, kitty!
I could always use some help coming up with questions that could get some funny or wild answers. These will be put on a cue card for the bachelor/bachelorette to use if they can't come up with their own on the spot.

Hisuitsume, would it be a problem if someone else were to register the panel under their name with another assistant and I co-host it with them?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

princesskitty18

sorry for the trouble but i am no good at the making up questions part
but the panelist/assistant part i woudl love to help wit
it might seem forward of me
but id love to actually be up there wit the panel ppl or something

iono...i wanna help but then id bungle up some things that im not great at
im sorry that its such a trouble >_<
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

yaki-ika

I totally support this idea! It sound super awesome and I can't wait to attend this dating game show :D

Kava

Quote from: c2chaos on January 22, 2011, 12:07:34 AM

Hisuitsume, would it be a problem if someone else were to register the panel under their name with another assistant and I co-host it with them?

It doesn't matter who registers the panel, beyond that being the point of contact me and my staff will use when setting up the panel. Basically, whoever submits the panel 'owns' it, and any changes to it have to be approved by them. Hopefully that makes sense. :)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

c2chaos

Meever

hahah. Sounds funny. I would help but I'm not sure what I could contribute XD

I'd be a willing participant though.

You could hand out slips of paper and have audience write some questions in as well. But of course you're going to want a good pool of questions just in case people don't really have anything to contribute.

c2chaos

That's a great idea! I didn't even think of that! Thank you, Meever! (^o^)

NerdyBirdAsh

How're things going on this?

I've been dealing with my grandfathers death so I haven't really be up to speed on all this. xD

L0Lpants

Quote from: c2chaos on July 05, 2010, 08:08:49 PM
Thanks for the support guys!

I am actually willing to host this, now, but I'm not much of a public speaker. :P

dude, if you still got stage fright as up to this point, i'll volunteer to do it. I got a lot of "public speaking" experience. Although it was to the numbers of 20 or so, but numbers won't matter.
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

NerdyBirdAsh

Perhaps we should have a meeting to discuss what we want to do with this? If it hasn't already been submitted, we have to get on it and I think a meeting would be a good way of getting everything settled at once.

Fazio

Hey I don't know how far you guys are into this, but if you need a host I'd be more than willing to help!  I'm also hosting The Dub Show contest this year, and I have plenty of experience hosting events such as UC Santa Barbara's Digital Film Festival.  Plus I've been doing Stand Up Comedy for 2+ years and I've performed at tons of clubs in LA and Ventura.

I also performed at Animation on Display if anyone remembers me ;D

God that sounded egotistical... :(

airanimechiic

I think it doesn't matter if you cosplay or not
And I do think there should be a yaoi/yuri part
I'd be willing to participate
Is this an official panel yet?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Maskenlav

I would LOVE this to be a real event, adds some extra boost to the con craziness AND it introduces a new way for people to meet and get to know each other :D
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"