Dating Game Show Panel for 2011.

Started by c2chaos, June 18, 2010, 11:45:28 PM

c2chaos

This idea spawned from the Speed Dating thread and then I started a new thread suggesting it as a show for Stage Zero and then it turned out be a better and more appropriate idea to have it as an actual 18+ panel, and thus it has arrived here.

Ideas are still in the works and there's over 300 days to come up with improvements or additions, but feel free to contribute your own ideas and check out the thread suggesting it for Stage Zero.

thread suggesting it as a show for Stage Zero

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

NerdyBirdAsh

This would be super exciting, and has my full support! :'D

Also, see below for more supporting quotes!

Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

NerdyBirdAsh

To save some time, and not make anyone have to back track to the old thread, here are some quotes from it:

Quote from: c2chaos on June 10, 2010, 05:38:07 PM
This idea spawned out of the "Speed Dating" thread. Some people liked the idea and I like it too. So I'm just going to shoot it here. --And here are a few quotes taken from the Speed Dating thread:

Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 04:21:15 PM
hahaha. After reading up to this point. I just thought that it'd be kinda a cool to see one of those dating-game shows at Fanime, where they put 3 bachelors behind a screen and the bachelorette asks the three guys the same questions from the other side and at the end of the show she picks the mystery bachelor she likes most.
Quote from: ash_chan on June 04, 2010, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 04:21:15 PM
hahaha. After reading up to this point. I just thought that it'd be kinda a cool to see one of those dating-game shows at Fanime, where they put 3 bachelors behind a screen and the bachelorette asks the three guys the same questions from the other side and at the end of the show she picks the mystery bachelor she likes most.

I actually think this is bloody brilliant!
I think it would be hilarious and fun at the very least.

I wish we could have a re-do.
I don't want to wait a year for another chance!
Haha.
c:
Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 05, 2010, 11:49:50 AM
Quote from: Knightfire on June 05, 2010, 12:59:20 AM
Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on June 05, 2010, 12:41:48 AM
I was surprise how small the speed dating room was, hopefully next year they at least quadruple the size of it.
I thought it was the right size, given the amount of people. But that's just me.

well knightfire, the thing for us is that we had almost all of our ppl
like wat ash_chan said, their group had a lot of ppl missin
so if the staff could guarantee that all the ppl would be there
than yea maybe we could get a bigger table

Quote from: c2chaos on June 04, 2010, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on June 04, 2010, 07:55:47 PM
Sounds like it might make for a great stage zero event
hahaha. I can already imagine it.

It could also go the other way where there would be one bachelor and three bachelorettes.
now THAT would be itneresting to see as a stage zero
omg we could totally do that next year
since our group was the initial guinnea (i dnt think i spelled that right..) pigs for the speed dating event
:)
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 05, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
Here is an example of how it might go down
--------------------
Bachelor: Bacheloreete 1, are you for SasuNaru?
*all of the Bacheloretters squeal*
*Girls in audience scream yaoi*
who cares what happens after that...

Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 05, 2010, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 05, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
Here is an example of how it might go down
--------------------
Bachelor: Bacheloreete 1, are you for SasuNaru?
*all of the Bacheloretters squeal*
*Girls in audience scream yaoi*
who cares what happens after that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA :D
i like ur train of thought
that WOULD be hilarious
i woudl totally sit thru the entire thing if the questions were along those lines :p
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 06, 2010, 03:36:35 AM
Ex. 2
---------------------
Bachelorette: I am sakura, and you are sasuke, how would you hit on me?
Bachelor 1: Baby, you know how I am very sensitive. Your one touch can will turn on my curse seal and spread it on my  body faster than I get my Chidori on.
Bachelor 2: My sharingans may cast illusions, but my love for is more real than annoyance is in Naruto. You know his and my kiss meant nothing to me, what I really want is you.
Bachelor 3: The way you lay your eyes on me, its more thrilling than when Orochimaru laid the curse on me.
Quote from: princesskitty18 on June 06, 2010, 10:29:35 AM
hahahahahaha
daiphyer.com: iono if they would let us do a stage zero event if questions were along THOSE lines
gotta keep it at least PG or PG-13 or osmething :p
unless u make it an 18+ event
than that would be funny
hahahahahaha :D
Quote from: daiphyer.com on June 06, 2010, 11:35:02 AM
If u want a pg version, then that would be:
Bachlorette: I am fighting a water type pokemon, which pokemon should I use?
Bachelor 1: I would go with Charizard be-
*me in the audience goes "Woo-hoo. CHARIZARD!!!!" *

Bachelorette: Bachelor 2, ur response.
Bachelor 2: It would defnitely be Dragonite.
*some random fangirl squeals*
Bachelor 2: yeh! Dragonite has that electricity, which would pretty much zap any pokemon to smitherin. Dragonite is so awesome! Anyway, like, I have this plushie of him in my room. sometime, I like huggle and cuddle with him. When I get real-real bored, I start to have a tea part with him and my other poke-
Bachelorette: NEXT!

Bachelor 3: Can it be a Digimon? Pokemon are just no match for the digimons. Greymon alone can whip dragonite down and put some sense in PsyDuck.
Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 10, 2010, 02:53:40 AM
Yeah I think that sounds like a lot of fun! Cosplay Bachelor/ette show! <3

If we do that I totally want to sign up! <3

Quote from: c2chaos
Quote from: ash_chan on June 13, 2010, 02:39:01 PM

The question is would this be a serious thing, or all in jest?

I think if it were to be another semi-serous dating thing, it shouldn't be on Stage Zero, but rather a panel as anything dating related really has to be 18+ I believe. Or at least 16+...

If we wanted it to be more audience participation, we could pick the participants from the crowd or something...

You're right. If this is an actual dating game then it would have to be an 18+ panel.

Quote from: ash_chan on June 13, 2010, 03:11:22 PM
Yeah. Going along the lines of the number pulling, I figure it would work something like this:

Everyone gets a number. Panel opens, someone opens, gives the rules, etc. A contestant's number is pulled. We blindfold him/her so they don't know what the 3(?) bachelor/bachelorettes look like (if the original dating game sort of thing is the move we want to pull. I think it's best, but others may disagree) and then we pull numbers for the bachelors or bacheloretes. We sit them on chairs/stools/etc, and they have like 4 or 5 questions and then the contestant gets to choose the winner, pull off the blindfold he/she sees who they chose and then we move to the next set.

Something like that?

Quote from: Somebody on June 17, 2010, 10:35:36 PM
Quote from: ash_chan on June 17, 2010, 10:24:50 PM
I think that would really be more appropriate as a skit in the masquerade than on Stage Zero (which already tends to be overbooked I've noticed.)

I think we're on to something with the 18+ Panel deal, I think should the panel get up and running as a serious deal, it would be a lot of fun! And it would be more open-access than the speed dating was, where you really had to be online at the right time to be accepted. With the panel, it's first show up @con, first served (receiving numbers wise).

Plus there's that competitive game spirit that people love. We could always have like consolation prizes (a picture of a cute girl/boy) for the bachelor/bachelorettes that don't get chosen or something like that. Make it fun for all (who are 18 and up).

A great way to maybe spawn some fanime romance and make friends along the way!

I do think it would be better accepted as a panel, and probably more appropriate there than on Stage Zero. We were limited on our displays due to a PG-13 rating for those hanging around unless it was late hours, and yes we are pretty booked. ._.' Er, they are I guess. :P But I think it would certainly make for a fun panel if the right people run it and stuff~

himitsu_

I also support this idea. OHOHO, what mystery ^-^

r3za1264

c2chaos

Thanks for the support guys!

I am actually willing to host this, now, but I'm not much of a public speaker. :P

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

AuroraDreamer

Somebody

If I'm able, I'd be totally willing to help out if needed, and if nothing else I'll come watch! :D
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

HarpB

I support it, and would also be happy to help with it.

r3za1264

id be happy to help since im too young to attend. if you need any assistance feel free to contact me :]

himitsu_

Quote from: c2chaos on July 05, 2010, 08:08:49 PM

I am actually willing to host this, now, but I'm not much of a public speaker. :P
No problem ;)
Just let us know what you need help with.
Probably first would be running the idea past the fanime crew..?

Jerry

Quote from: himitsu_ on July 07, 2010, 01:27:00 AM
Quote from: c2chaos on July 05, 2010, 08:08:49 PM

No problem ;)
Just let us know what you need help with.
Probably first would be running the idea past the fanime crew..?

If its a Panel - it just has to be approved by the Panel Head and their department.

Again theyre mostly looking for appropriate context and conduct as this said panel event.
you may want to look over the rules and regulations of what is and isnt allowed during Panels and stuff.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Hisuitsume

c2chaos

^ Thanks, Hisuitsume. I'll be counting on you.

Here's one thing that I've been going over my head. Participants...I was thinking that we'd pre-register participants like speed dating, but afterward, email the eligible ones a time and place to meet at con, preferably a day before the panel itself. Gentlemen will meet at a different time than the ladies in order to keep anonymity. During the meets we'll throw out a short coaching session with examples and what-not. After that, we'll have a lottery* to see which of the participants will be up at which times and on which side of the screen. I want to incorporate participants on-the-spot but I don't know where nor how to put them in. Ideas, anyone?

*The lottery system will be a box with tickets or balls and the color of the ticket or ball will decide when and where they go. The participants will reach in and grab one.

NerdyBirdAsh

^That sounds good, buuuuut...

I'm thinking that if you preregister the participants, people might not show up who weren't selected, and I thought it was more of an audience participation sort of panel. I still go for the boy hat, girl hat we pull numbers before they come up. We could go through a quick overview with rules and examples to the audience before picking a bachelor/bachelorette, covering their eyes, then calling the 3 bachelor/bachelorettes up before unblindfolding them or whatever.

By the by, I volunteer to help co-host and/or what not should this get it's feet off the ground. :]

Hisuitsume

c2chaos

^ Yeah. That's good. We want to get everybody in ASAP and maximize time. However, I since this panel would be an 18+ panel it would be late at night--the last one for the day, would it be alright for this panel to go over a few minutes? I thought that set up for this panel would seem easy. I mean, all we really need are four chairs and a screen/curtain, and a mic and maybe some background music. Or is there more to this? I already thought about the pre-made questions and answers and that will be in the players' hands to use if they can't think of any, themselves. Speaking of which, anyone want to help think up of some questions and answers to use? Posting them on the board might spoil the game and so, just PM them to me. It's absolutely fine if you can't think of more questions or answers I'll think up what I can or PM them to anyone else that is helping to think up some.

HarpB

c2chaos

^hahaha. That was good, especially the second part!

Which still leaves me deciding...would we want to keep it cosplay or anyone?