2011 Blue Team Jump cosplayers wanted

Started by BSaphire, June 19, 2010, 10:02:27 AM

BSaphire

Calling ALL Jump Cosplayers!
Maikiritori and I have entered into a friendly game of Cosplay Checkers for 2011. Each of us are building a team to play in the 2nd game of Jump Cosplay Checkers (thread located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html )
RED vs. BLUE

What we are looking for is cosplayers that REALLY know their characters and are strong enough to out-cosplay other Jump characters! So if you know your Jump character really well and can handle things like Goku's Kamahamaha, Yu-Gi-OH!'s Blue-eyes Silver Dragon, Kurama's Rose whip, Ichigo's bankai attack, a Prince of Tennis serve, or even a surprise Naruto Ramen Bowl Smash! then sign up for one of the two teams.

Each person who wants to participate is asked to submit 2 attack and 2 defense moves that they would use as their character *See Below for more detail* When it get's close to con (around May 1st) the teams will each choose the 7 attacks and 7 defense moves they would like to allow both teams to use in the game. Then the Compete List of Attacks and Defensive Moves Allowed will be posted on the 1st post of both of the Team threads and are the ones that will be allowed during game play at con.

This is the thread for the BLUE Team and Maikiritori's Red Team is here:  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14646.0.html
PLEASE REMEMBER this game is ALL FOR FUN and NO Real Violence will be tolerated! We want to see the true cosplaying spirit brought to the game of checkers.

Here is what you need to do when you post in either thread:

1. Pick a team.

2. Your JUMP character and title it is from.

3. List 2 attacks and 2 defenses you will use and a brief description of the attack/defense.
These can be made up, but don't go all dramatic on it. Let's keep it simple please.

EXAMPLES of attack & defense:

• Attack #1: My character will use the Drunken Monkey attack ~ which is where I pretend to drink a bottle of sake' and then do a monkey looking jumping spin kick that should knock my opponent down.
  • Attack #2: My character will use the Hot Ramen Bowl attack ~ which is where I pretend to throw a large bowl of hot Ramen at my opponent causing temporary blindness.

• Defense #1: The Buddy Shield ~ This is where I use a cosplaying friend from the same series as myself to take the opponent's attack for me and I can then counter attack only once.
    (note * If this is used it can only be used once in the game and the "buddy" can be someone from the opposite team or not on the playing field. If used "the buddy" is then out of the game.
  • Defense #2: Pirate Two-Step ~ This is where I am allowed two steps/squares of movement. First step is to dodge the attack and the second step is to either allow a safety square for me to land on or *IF KINGED ALREADY* to attack my opponent once in return.

BSaphire's Blue Team:

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

maikiritori

Hi there Blue Team. Just dropping a friendly hello back. I'm looking forward to seeing our teams compete. I just know the RED Team will win.  ;)
LOL.  May the best team win.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

BSaphire

Quote from: maikiritori on June 19, 2010, 10:32:58 PM
Hi there Blue Team. Just dropping a friendly hello back. I'm looking forward to seeing our teams compete. I just know the RED Team will win.  ;)
LOL.  May the best team win.
Me too! I look forward to hearing the different attacks people come up with, seeing them in full fledged character mode, and MAN the photo ops that will be possible *WOW!* This will be spectacular.
So now I wait for everyone to get back from their summer and start posting ideas in our threads... I don't want to wait :)

As for which team is going to win... well Maikiritori... DON'T count your
chickens before they hatch! There is a lot to do this summer, just need to get some cosplay costumes done... I should make an attack with sewing references *LOL :P
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

maikiritori

Ah, wise one... There is a difference between counting your harvest early and having confidence in your team and teammates. And as for sewing references, I think you should cosplay Ishida or Kon.... But that's just me.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

BSaphire

Looking for the strong, the brave, the true BLUE! Think you have what it takes to out cosplay the Red Team? Then I'm looking for you. Come join Team Blue in a fun game of Cosplay Checkers. The 411 is on the first post. I am looking for Shonen Jump cosplayers from any of the Jump titles. So come on... join in the mayhem that only cosplayers can truly enjoy and join the Blue Team!

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Maikiritori and I would really like to see this happen, but we have a back up plan if there isn't enough interest (I know there is enough talent!)
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Maikiritori and I have decided to cancel the Red v Blue Checkers game for this year and are looking at doing this for 2012.
Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC