2011 Team Red Jump cospeeps wanted XD

Started by maikiritori, June 19, 2010, 01:58:25 PM

maikiritori

Calling ALL Jump Cosplayers

BSaphire and I have entered into a friendly game of Cosplay Checkers for 2011. Each of us are building a team to play in the 2nd game of Jump Cosplay Checkers (thread located here: http:// forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13720.0.html ) RED vs. BLUE

What we are looking for is cosplayers that REALLY know their characters and are strong enough to out-cosplay other Jump characters! So if you know your Jump character really well and can handle things like Goku's Kamehameha, Yu-Gi-OH!'s Blue-eyes White Dragon, Kurama's Rose whip, Ichigo's bankai attack, a Prince of Tennis serve, or even a surprise Naruto Ramen Bowl Smash! then sign up for one of the two teams.

Each person who wants to participate is asked to submit 2 attack and 2 defense moves that they would use as their character *See Below for more detail* When it get's close to con (around May 1st) the teams will each choose the 7 attacks and 7 defense moves they would like to allow both teams to use in the game. Then the Compete List of Attacks and Defensive Moves Allowed will be posted on the 1st post of both of the Team threads and are the ones that will be allowed during game play at con. This is the thread for the RED Team and BSaphire has be started a thread for the BLUE Team here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14644.0.html

PLEASE REMEMBER this game is ALL FOR FUN and NO Real Violence will be tolerated! We want to see the true cosplaying spirit brought to the game of checkers. Here is what you need to do when you post in either thread:

1. Pick a team.

2. Your JUMP character and title it is from.

3. List 2 attacks and 2 defenses you will use and a brief descriptiond 2 defenses you will use and a brief description of the attack/defense. These can be made up, but don't go all dramatic on it. Let's keep it simple please.

EXAMPLES of attack and defense:

• Attack #1: My character will use the Drunken Monkey attack ~ which is where I pretend to drink a bottle of sake' and then do a monkey looking jumping spin kick that should knock my opponent down.
  • Attack #2: My character will use the Hot Ramen Bowl attack ~ which is where I pretend to throw a large bowl of hot Ramen at my opponent causing temporary blindness.

• Defense #1: The Buddy Shield ~ This is where I use a cosplaying friend from the same series as myself to take the opponent's attack for me and I can then counter attack only once(note * If this is used it can only be used once in the game andd the "buddy" can be someone from the opposite team or not on the playing field. If used "the buddy" is then out of the game.

• Defense #2: Pirate Two-Step ~ This is where I am allowed two steps/squares of movement. First step is to dodge the attack and the second step is to either allow a safety square for me to land on or *IF KINGED ALREADY* to attack my opponent once in return.

maikiritori's Team RED

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

maikiritori

BSaphire

Hi there Red Team! :) Just stopped by to say hello and encourage everyone to join in on this and have fun with us!

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

Well, this sounds more challenging than the games we played at Fanime.  I'm going to have to study up on my attacks and defenses before I commit, tho (wait, need to decide on my character, too).

;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

maikiritori

Well, I am looking forward to whatever you come up with. This is all in the spirit of fun, so anything you come up with and whoever's team you decide to go with will be warmly accepted and thoroughly enjoyed by all.

maikiritori

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ALL RED TEAM COSPLAYERS!

livi-chan

awwwww.....it seems like soooo much fun.
But unfortunantly its for Jump Characters only right? and my code geass cosplay dosnt qualify.... *sigh*
And I thought of an awsome attack that fits Anya perfectly too! hahaha.....
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Anya Alstreim - Code Geass
Cinque - Final Fantasy Agito(Type-0)
Sayaka Miki- Mahou Shoujo Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Allen Walker -maybe- D.gray-man
Milla Maxwell- Tales of Xillia

maikiritori

I think that as time goes on we will open it up to more than just the Jump titles, but iKm not 100% sure. But keep us in mind and even if we don't open it up, stop by! We'll be glad to have you hang with us.

livi-chan

Really!? Well I hope you do! and if not then Ill be sure to stop by and take a few pics along the way.
GO RED TEAM!
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Anya Alstreim - Code Geass
Cinque - Final Fantasy Agito(Type-0)
Sayaka Miki- Mahou Shoujo Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Allen Walker -maybe- D.gray-man
Milla Maxwell- Tales of Xillia

maikiritori

I did some research and none of the CG titles were published under Jump, but I was talking to B and I can now say for sure that the first game will be only Jump Titles, but all the other games (hopefully a total of 3) will be mixed. So if you still want to participate, let me know. I'm looking forward to 2011 so much, and having awesome people like you on my team will make for a sweet event.

BSaphire

Maikiritori and I would really like to see this happen, but we have a back up plan if there isn't enough interest (I know there is enough talent!)
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Maikiritori and I have decided to cancel the Red v Blue Checkers game for this year and are looking at doing this for 2012.
Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC