How much did a hotel room cost you?

Started by Suiseisekii, June 20, 2010, 05:52:24 PM

Suiseisekii

ok so!

i attended my first fanime just this year!
and it was bomb!
ok anyways to the question~

So me and about 6 friends are planning on reserving a hilton or marriot double bed room for maybe 2 ~ 3 nights.
My friend was telling me how her mom has like some type of deal thing with one of the hotels cause she travels alot, she also said that during fanime the hotels have some type of deal JUST for fanime.

I was wondering:

1. what the deal is for fanime weekend
2. how much did a hotel room cost you
3. how many people you stayed with
4. how early you reserved your room.
5. (and maybe if your up for it) funny stories about your hotel room? :3

Thanks alot :33

BrightHeart76

From my experience reservations don't usually go up until sometime around December or so.  So you have time.  Keep an eye on here and the main page for information when reservations become available.

This year I paid a total of about $475 for my room at the Hilton from Thursday night thru Tuesday morning.  More if you add the parking which was about $19 per night.  This was for a single room, I think it was more for a room with two beds.

Here's the deal though, this year we had to sign a waiver at the Hilton that specifically said no more than 4 people in the room.  You and your friends would have to get two rooms if you want to stay there.  Just FYI.  I don't think any of the area hotels have rooms for 6 people, but I could be wrong. 

I don't really have any funny stories about my hotel stay.  Sorry.  I'm a firm believer in keeping the con craziness in the convention center and having my hotel room for relaxation and cosplay preparation. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Suiseisekii

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 20, 2010, 08:08:25 PM
From my experience reservations don't usually go up until sometime around December or so.  So you have time.  Keep an eye on here and the main page for information when reservations become available.

This year I paid a total of about $475 for my room at the Hilton from Thursday night thru Tuesday morning.  More if you add the parking which was about $19 per night.  This was for a single room, I think it was more for a room with two beds.

Here's the deal though, this year we had to sign a waiver at the Hilton that specifically said no more than 4 people in the room.  You and your friends would have to get two rooms if you want to stay there.  Just FYI.  I don't think any of the area hotels have rooms for 6 people, but I could be wrong. 

I don't really have any funny stories about my hotel stay.  Sorry.  I'm a firm believer in keeping the con craziness in the convention center and having my hotel room for relaxation and cosplay preparation. 
oh thank you so much!

MrBiggMan66

My friends and I always stay at the Fairmont, I do not know if we got any special deal as I was not the one who booked the room but we got a Suite for about $700 and it was HUGE, there were 5 of us so it was about $150 per person. Fairmont is pretty luxurious and roomy. This was the first year we got a suit tho because the deluxe room we usually get were full up. Usually the deluxe rooms between 4 people run  about $75 per person, or about $110 per night with a AAA discount.

The "deluxe dbl/dbl" room was more than enough room for 4 people, It has 2 beds, and plenty of room. I slept on the ground w/ a sleeping bag(I'm well over 6 ft tall so I take up a bit of room), and there was still plenty of extra space.

The Suite we had pretty much doubled the size of the Deluxe room so you could cram a fair amount of people in there and not feel crammed at all.

Last year '09, I saw the Double bed room for Marriott and Hilton and thought they were rather small in comparison... although I do not know if either hotel has a bigger double room, and do not believe they were any cheaper than Fairmont... I'm not positive on that tho.

also my friends and I usually book the rooms for 3 nights, Friday-monday (monday checkout)

The earlier you can book the better. We booked rather late this year(not last minute, but late) and HAD to rent a suite, I also believe the prices are lower if you book far in advance.

michiko nakano

I'm assuming you mean the "deal" as in hotel rates.  My comment on this is that the fanime deal usually comes out to the same price as a AAA deal, it definitely slices off a nice chunk of the cost, and you get a good deal.  By the way, you get half price on the valet parking, it's only $12.50 instead of $25.

I stayed in the Marriot in a two-person room with one King-sized bed for $88 a night with the fanime discount.  Big room, big bed.

Originally it was supposed to be myself and two of my friends, which I didn't see as a problem because it was a two person room and I didn't think the hotel would mind.  Unfortunately some events led to people needing to crash in my room, and on Sunday night there were seven people.  I feel bad for room stuffing, but it was kindof an emergency.

I reserved a room with the AAA rate back in December, just to be safe, and then the day the Fanime rates were up I booked a room with those and cancelled the AAA room.

Idk if it's that funny, but my friends and i noticed that the beds at the marriott are so nice that if you're the least bit tired, and you lay down on one of them, you literally cannot get out of the bed or move in an attempt to until you've slept a little.   Bravo Marriott, you have perfect beds.

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on June 27, 2010, 09:30:58 AM

I reserved a room with the AAA rate back in December, just to be safe, and then the day the Fanime rates were up I booked a room with those and cancelled the AAA room.

I remember being a part of Michi's room scramble from her AAA reservation to the Fanime reservation ;)
and she found out she accidentally booked the wrong weekend :P  Your welcome miss Michi  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

michiko nakano

Touya no Miko

1. Including parking, the room for the Hilton cost about $455 from Friday to Monday.
2. Five, all of them are girls from my college
3. I reserved it as soon as housing became available, since the Hilton and Marriot fill up fast. One of my roommates has bad bunions, so walking across the street from any other hotel would not work out so well.
4. We didn't want to disturb anyone so we kept the craziness level low. There was a few girls gone wild moments, but nothing extreme. Despite the two beds, one of my roommates finds more comfort sleeping in the closet than the floor alone. We had a few drinks that night and she was slightly hammered. We joked that she would become a "hanger" once she wakes up from inside the closet.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

BlueCharisma

Fanime hotel discount tends to book up very fast, especially the doubles.

Luckily, my friend's dad works for marriott so we get aa rate which was $60 a night for a dble/dble, strangely that didn't include a fridge and parking was $20 a night. I don't get to fanime until 10pm thurs night and I would be charged the night if I parked at marriott. Took a chance at the conv parking and realize that 24hour is considered a day so I only had to pay for 4days instead of 5days.

We had 4people(all male) and booked our hotel a month after fanime09 ended. Not really a funny story, but first night I fell asleep before everyone else and took up awhole bed. So my 3friends had to share a bed, they made a bigger bed by using the chairs.

Avairrianna

1. what the deal is for fanime weekend-Saint Claire for $105 plus other stuff per night from Thursday to Monday
2. how much did a hotel room cost you-$609 in cash for EVERYTHING. (That was room, valet, taxes) but the maid's tip was extra ^^
3. how many people you stayed with-5...due to cancellations I had to drop a room and put everyone in one room the week before...pissed me off
4. how early you reserved your room.- I reserved 2 days after they opened last year. So, 1/13 my email says
5. (and maybe if your up for it) funny stories about your hotel room?- I'm not planning anyone else's trip anymore. Also at the Saint Claire there is NOT enough room (at least in the room we got) to fit someone on the floor unless DESPERATE.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

elfgirlkaname

last year ....

we got the Queen bed (2 person room) from thursday night till tuesday morning
88$ per night  at the Marriott
I tried to change the reservation once i knew we would have 4 people not just 2, but all the rooms were booked as you can imagine, so they upgraded us to a Queen bed which fit 3 people comfortably, and the marriott staff were really nice to bring us a rollaway bed too! so we all slept in a bed ^^

440$ total split between me, my sister, a friend, and her friend
     so 110$ each plus we carpooled up so that was split also 12.50$ per night for the valet, although I feel bad that I kept forgetting to tip the vallet >>

3 people ^^ 4 people total no floor sleepers

like a week after it went up I think
  umm well we were all abjd collectors except for my sister, who's used to dolls anyways because of me, so we had lots of fun in the room getting the dolls out, making them cosplay or just having fun with them and having someone to go with to the doll-meets ^^ especially since they were in the marriott lobby just downstairs ^^