Anime Night Fridays

Started by noticetoappear, July 22, 2010, 10:14:13 PM

noticetoappear

What: Anime on the big screen, outdoor viewing, drinks and snacks.

When: Every Friday Night at 9pm

Where: 801 El Camino Real, San Bruno, 94066, "SpeeDee Oil Change" Parking lot. You can't miss it! From Highway 101, take San Bruno Avenue exit West, and its at the corner of El Camino Real. Or from Highway 280, take San Bruno Avenue exit East, and find us at the corner of El Camino Real.

A special place for anime otakus to hang out, play Ninja Game, watch their favorite series, meet people, and eat food! Everyone is welcome. Bring a jacket!
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdvdjhc-vYk

Jerry

did you say [free?] food?

you have my interest! [if the food not a lie  ;)]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kites-kun

rc1707

Anime Night Fridays is currently running as of right now. The list of anime goes as follows.

Wangan Episode 3
History Desciple 2
Claymore 5
AMV hell 3 part 2
Gundam 4
Code Geass 4
genshiken 4
highschool of the dead 3

MrBiggMan66

Quote from: Jerry on July 23, 2010, 09:23:07 AM
did you say [free?] food?

you have my interest! [if the food not a lie  ;)]

Free food is never a lie!

however, the Cake is a lie.

also, I love how food is mentioned and the topic instantly has interest ahahaha.

noticetoappear

Great turnout last night. I'm pretty sure we hit 20 people at our peak. Should have the new schedule out by the week's start.

rc1707

As always, Anime Night Fridays will be on for this Friday. Make sure to bring your jackets.

noticetoappear

Definitely cliffhanger of an ending to Wangan Midnight...had an awesome time last night!

Heres the schedule for next Friday 8/6/10:
Genshiken 06
Highschool of the Dead 05
Claymore 07
Code Geass R1 05
Strongest Disciple Kenichi 04
Wangan Midnight 05
Ichiban Demon Lord 06
Gurren Lagann 06
Gundam 00 04

Optional throw ins:
Black Lagoon 01
Afro Samurai 03
Handful of AMVs

TC X0 Lt 0X

So you guys do this directly in the Parking Lot (presumably with a projector)?
I might be game this Friday sense I lack one (D&D) for that night.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

noticetoappear

Yeah, the viewing experience is much like a fanime video room- except outside. We definitely can't afford the theater size projector, but we hope to some day. It would be great to have you join us. Theres typically 15 people that show up, and we're growing. I added a video at the top. Heres some pics:

noticetoappear

We're hosting our 7th Anime Night at a different location this Friday the 13th, instead of SpeeDee premises in San Bruno we'll be at SpeeDee Millbrae, at 390 el Camino Real, Millbrae, 94030. Parking is easy, the weather should be warmer, and it will still be outside projection screen. We'll have the food and drinks as usual! Heres the schedule:
Genshiken 07
Highschool of the Dead 06
Claymore 09
Code Geass R1 05
Strongest Disciple Kenichi 04
Wangan Midnight 06
Ichiban Demon Lord 06
Gurren Lagann 07
Gundam 00 04

Optional throw ins:
Black Lagoon 01
Afro Samurai 03

Everyone is welcome, for the first time expect several hours of pure anime enjoyment on the big screen. Bring a jacket! And of course everything is free.

Jerry

Quote from: rhettwhitehill on August 10, 2010, 06:11:56 PM

Highschool of the Dead 06

I just recently found out about this series and may i saw its pretty brutal, intense and also has random fan service.

I'm surprised you can get away with showing such content in a semi public venue. Then again I think there's gonna be a zombie crawl in Downtown San Jose and they usually show a zombie flick in public so eh, to each is own i guess. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

noticetoappear

Definitely. You should join us one day, Jerry!

noticetoappear

Last Friday was a blast, trying out the new location. I'm glad so many people showed up. It seems wangan midnight is geting more and more popular. Because the weather was not any better than San bruno, we will be moving back to our home base for all future Friday viewings. See you guys this Friday the 20th! Heres the schedule:

Genshiken 08
Highschool of the Dead 07
Claymore 10
Code Geass R1 05
Strongest Disciple Kenichi 05
Wangan Midnight 07
Ichiban Demon Lord 07
Gurren Lagann 08
Gundam 00 04

Optional throw ins:
Black Lagoon 01 (still haven't had time to begin airing)
Afro Samurai 04 (episode 3 was a cliffhanger- hopefully will have time to air this showing!)

noticetoappear

Our 9th showing will begin at 9pm this 27th! Same location as stated in the first post. We've been posting in Japan Town and have already recieved some some emails of interested passerby.

noticetoappear

It was great seeing another member of the forums here with us last week. Hope to see you soon! Tomorrow night everything goes down again, at 9pm, the usual place.