Fanimecon 2011 - Suggestions for E-Gaming

Started by Robo-tech, July 30, 2010, 12:39:20 PM

mariotheotaku

Maybe some BlazBlue CS (ps3/360) with a fightstick or Naruto Ninja Storm 2 (ps3/360).

Rank

DDR's classic but I would LOVE it if there were an In The Groove machine. Regarding that, will there be machine(s) or cobalt fluxes hooked up to a TV?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Rank on January 18, 2011, 05:59:47 AM
DDR's classic but I would LOVE it if there were an In The Groove machine. Regarding that, will there be machine(s) or cobalt fluxes hooked up to a TV?

Stay tuned for Arcade in a different thread as eGaming does not handle arcade.  If arcade has DDR or ITG for FanimeCon 2011, we cannot have console setups on TV's except for tournaments. And yes, the highly requested CobaltFlux/RedOctane/MyMyBox/DDRGame/Custom Arcade-style Pads will return.  ;D
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Simna

Wha-what?  What's this about not being able to have TVs for console games except for TVs for tournaments?  I hope that doesn't happen.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Simna on January 19, 2011, 10:28:19 AM
Wha-what?  What's this about not being able to have TVs for console games except for TVs for tournaments?  I hope that doesn't happen.

Example: Arcade department has Super Street Fighter 4.  Due to conflicts, we are not supposed to have them in XBox360/PS3, EXCEPT for tournament usage only.

KusanagiShiro

This one is mainly console, but if you can get enough people, why not have an online multiplayer run for Phantasy Star Portable 2? I'm a member of the PSO World fan community and I think I can try to organize some people to get on.

otakuya

As far as arcade goes, is OCE the supplier again this year?
And when do you think we will get a listing (or a 'most likely'-list) of games available?

AmazingKenchan

I wasn't sure if I should branch off my own thread yet, I'll probably do that soon.  Like previous years, we haven't had anything beyond a tentative list until very close to con, because the games come from several different locations.  Right now I can't confirm anything or who will be there, but I will say that I will have my own ITG2 boxor, DDR Extreme, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code, possibly a newer Pop'n upgrade, and some stuff like TGM3 and shmups to bring with me.  Whether I can work something out for them to be used is another story, but I'm very hopeful.

This means we could potentially run Extreme or ITG for the DDR tournament with a supergun, even if we can't use their cabs.

If there was honestly enough interest, I would bring my cab just for the tournament but that's kinda overkill ._.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Simna

For arcade:  I would like to suggest the return of that amazing candy machine.  All hail the king of candy games!

otakuya

Is it too early or late or redundant to have an arcade request thread for '11?

Music: DDR X/X2, ITG2 modded, PPP2*, Pop n', Technika 2, GF/DM, IIDX 18
Racing: Initial D 5 or 6, WMMT3DX+, Daytona USA, Mario Kart GP2
Fighters: the usual
Prize: UFO catchers, Candy Machine
Pinball machines

*I don't know exactly why ParaParaParadise is still popular after almost 10 years. I'm not complaining, cuz I love the socialness of it. Maybe add a panel or workshop about it or something...

Antstep

I think some Time Crisis or House of the Dead machines would be really cool if not already established. I also like the idea of some sort of organized Pokemon (DS) tournament. Although i'm sure plenty of people bring their DS's for random battles anyway.  ;D

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Antstep on January 23, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
I also like the idea of some sort of organized Pokemon (DS) tournament. Although i'm sure plenty of people bring their DS's for random battles anyway.  ;D

We've been having Pokemon Tournaments for quite a while, since 2009 and 2010, as far as I know if that's what you are implying.  Not sure if other years before that had that.

Antstep

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on January 23, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
I also like the idea of some sort of organized Pokemon (DS) tournament. Although i'm sure plenty of people bring their DS's for random battles anyway.  ;D

We've been having Pokemon Tournaments for quite a while, since 2009 and 2010, as far as I know if that's what you are implying.  Not sure if other years before that had that.
Yay! ;D Please excuse me being oblivious 2011 is gonna be my first year. :P

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Antstep on January 23, 2011, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on January 23, 2011, 06:22:56 PM

Yay! ;D Please excuse me being oblivious 2011 is gonna be my first year. :P

Welcome to FanimeCon.

Should have let me know this will be your first year.  If you have questions, let us know.  =)

Junon

I think it would be fun to have am Xbox Kinect setup with Dance Central or Dance Masters. I would assume this'll be popular.

L0Lpants

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out this month so maybe get that in the gaming room?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Antstep

Quote from: Captain L0Lpants on February 07, 2011, 02:51:39 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out this month so maybe get that in the gaming room?
THIS

Antstep

A friend who has gone to Fanime for a few years was talking about claw machines with Bleach plushies and some other stuff. I MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Robo-tech

We have had a few threads asking for feedback on the PC Gaming section of E-Gaming stickied for some time now.  To reduce the clutter of the board, we have decided to un-sticky those threads and move the request for feedback to this thread.

Here is what I am seeing so far:

Not surprisingly, the most requested title is Starcraft II.  We would love to have this title available, but it requires Internet connectivity for the gaming machines, which is proving very difficult.  Trust me:  If we can get it, and if we can get SC2, we will!

I am also seeing a large call for Black Ops and Team Fortress 2, and a few people seem curious about Portal 2.  We also see a few requests for Counter-Strike: Source, as well as Peggle (which would just be fun to watch!)

We were also tracking to see whether there was much of a demand for a "classic gaming" section of PC Gaming, using older machines to run older titles.  So far, we are not seeing much fervor over that idea, so we will focus our efforts on supporting more modern titles.

We are also surprised that there has not been much demand for racing games in the PC area.  We were hoping that the PC Gaming section would focus on titles and genres that were not as well represented in the Console Gaming area, which is why we are happy to see that SC2 and TF2 are popular requests.  However, there was not much discussion about having racing titles available, so we will shift our attention to other areas.

We still have a few months to work on making E-Gaming as awesome as we can, and we still want your thoughts.  If you have any suggestions on how we can make either the Console Gaming or PC Gaming sections better, please continue to post your thoughts in this thread.  (We really need the thoughts in this thread, because e-mails, PMs, Twitter posts and Facebook replies are more difficult to track.)

For your information, here are the links to the original polls asking for thoughts on specific games in the PC Gaming area:

See you in May!
-Robo-Tech
E-Gaming Second, PC Gaming Co-Head, Fanimecon 2011

Mizuki

No love for old DOS games? Sad. If you guys do some older FPS games for deathmatch, I'd be down to play given I have time to play.