2011 Looking for Cosplayers? Who's Going? & Who As? Thread

Started by BSaphire, August 02, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

beboptilyoudrop

Quote from: username_error on January 24, 2011, 06:43:37 PM
Honestly I'm looking for anyone who will pay homage to that wonderful webcomic.

I'm cosplaying Cain... is anyone else?

Ahhhh, man. I could slug along a casual uniform version of my Praxis cosplay, the fighter uniform is too hot >//<. But I would be very much interested!

Eliteslayer

Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Twisted

I'd love to go as Scott or even Lucas Lee. It would be a cool gathering.

Antstep

Ikr? I'm sure theres going to be plenty of SP cosplayers after more people have been exposed to it by the movie.

SilentSyrin

Hey everyone! Last year I had a blast, I was one of the Finn's from Adventure time running around (the only female i think :3) But here is my Cosplay list for this year:

Marie Mjolnir (Soul Eater) I also made a dress based of Maries design for the Black and White ball
2 Tron Mp3 programs (Blue circuits and Orange Circuits) 
Human Toadette (Mario)

Hope to get tackled by many of you this year :3 <3

Cosplay Circus

Has anyone stepped up to doing the Soul Eater gathering yet? I know the person who ran it last year left or something if I remember right but I never heard if anyone was going to lead it this year yet
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

username_error

Quote from: beboptilyoudrop on January 25, 2011, 09:24:32 PM
Quote from: username_error on January 24, 2011, 06:43:37 PM
Honestly I'm looking for anyone who will pay homage to that wonderful webcomic.

I'm cosplaying Cain... is anyone else?

Ahhhh, man. I could slug along a casual uniform version of my Praxis cosplay, the fighter uniform is too hot >//<. But I would be very much interested!

That would be awesome. <3 yay~

Hit me up with a PM baby.
Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Wolftale on January 27, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
Has anyone stepped up to doing the Soul Eater gathering yet? I know the person who ran it last year left or something if I remember right but I never heard if anyone was going to lead it this year yet

Not yet, unfortunately. But someone should! *shakes fist*
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Mirai Noah

I swore I saw a Soul Eater thread a week or two ago, but I guess that was just wishful thinking...

Griff223

Helloooo!

I couldn't find a 2011 .hack advice thread, so I figured I should start one. This way all of the advice can be consolidated into one place.

Anyways, I am new to this cosplay business, and my friends usually go as a .hack//G.U. group. I wanted to join them this year, and they really want me to be gaspard. I can only find one other example online, and it's not very helpful. It seems like I'm the second american to attempt this costume  ;D. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good example, tutorial, some reference photos, or have any advice for this costume? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm planning on being a somewhat skinny version of gaspard, as i myself am not terribly skinny, but I am not going to make myself look almost spherical as the character does in the games.

I also have a .Hack//G.U. group.

Confirmed:
shino
azure kite
haseo
gaspard(me)

possible:
sylabus

Mizuki

Really? No one ever reads the rules? Moved

Antstep

Is anyone here planning or doing any MTG cosplays? It seems a bit strange but I'm thinking of cosplaying as Jace or maybe another planeswalker. Any ideas?

jinglebooboo

hiya all!!! tis isgoing tobe my first fanime and i am very very excited :) but anyway
i will be cosplaying as
tatiana from last exile
and
etna from disgaea

i doubt there will be a last xile gathering because te series doesn't seem to be cosplayed much sadly
but hopefuly there will be a disgaea gathering :)

i hope to have a third cosplay, but need to finish other two first

sweetchorizo

I'll be going as choji from naruto again and if I can whip it together Tequila gundam.  Oh yeah!!!

elflady_2001

Anyone cosplaying Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan?  I'll be going as western Saito and planning on calendar version for Saito as well.

EJAY420

Quote from: Mirai Noah on January 28, 2011, 10:56:45 AM
I swore I saw a Soul Eater thread a week or two ago, but I guess that was just wishful thinking...

You guys know there's a BONES gathering right???? Like FULL METAL ALCHEMIST and SOUL EATER. Look it up!
Most Impressive.

Mirai Noah

Quote from: EJAY420 on February 03, 2011, 04:03:53 AM
Quote from: Mirai Noah on January 28, 2011, 10:56:45 AM

You guys know there's a BONES gathering right???? Like FULL METAL ALCHEMIST and SOUL EATER. Look it up!
Yeah, I saw that, but I thought I saw a thread that was just for Soul Eater.

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on January 13, 2011, 02:24:18 PM
AS PRODUCER OF THE MASQUERADE GROUP - "Undergrad Heroes" (we won the second time we ever performed). I NEED YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS FOR MASQUERADE IDEAS!

MY KIDS TEND TO GET BZ ABOUT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR WITH COLORGUARD AND BREAKDANCING PERFORMANCES (which I'm also proud to say they win numerous awards in) and we haven't been able to really come up with anything atm...  :)

I need ideas and I know there's many people out there who have great ideas for shows but nobody to help with producing it.

WE CAN MAKE YOUR MASQUERADE IDEA COME TRUE!

~ I humbly ask tho that your ideas stay reasonable and physically possible lol. I also would like if your idea is somewhat related to a school kind of theme because thats what we're known and good for. I mean, we are called undergrad heroes because of the school themes we perform.

SOME BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT US:

- We are a total of about 14 to 15 performers. I know you can't have that many at fanime but we rotate our people around taking turns as stage ninjas.
- Our skills include singing (the girls have musical performance backgrounds), breakdancing, tricking, flipping, colorguard, drumline and doing physically difficult stuntwork.
- We have about 4 girls and the rest/most of us are guys.
- If you need more of one of the other gender. We can take care of that.

IF WE USE YOUR IDEAS FOR OUR SKIT WE WOULD DEFINITELY GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR YOUR WORK.YOU WILL BE MENTIONED IN THE SKIT DESCRIPTION WHEN THEY GIVE THE PERFORMANCE INTRODUCTION.

Thank you all for your time and considerations!  :)

-Hakaru
Producer of the "Undergrad Heroes"
Fanime Maid since 09    

ADDITIONAL INFO: Here are our performance links for those who might not remember us :)

Our 2009 Skit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjY-MTonr0A

Our 2010 Skit: (Won Honorable Mention Performance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4seAQTbGWvk

IF I WERE TO MAKE A SKIT ATTACKING ANIME/OTAKU STERYOTYPES WOULD IT REALLY BE THAT OFFENDING?

like instead of the 7 evil exes ill make it the 7 evil sterotypes (i know the types are probably different to some people but as a general idea - and example is like "yaoi fangirl" is one of them)
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Rebeccakh

Quote from: Griff223 on January 28, 2011, 08:26:54 PM
Helloooo!

I couldn't find a 2011 .hack advice thread, so I figured I should start one. This way all of the advice can be consolidated into one place.

Anyways, I am new to this cosplay business, and my friends usually go as a .hack//G.U. group. I wanted to join them this year, and they really want me to be gaspard. I can only find one other example online, and it's not very helpful. It seems like I'm the second american to attempt this costume  ;D. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good example, tutorial, some reference photos, or have any advice for this costume? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm planning on being a somewhat skinny version of gaspard, as i myself am not terribly skinny, but I am not going to make myself look almost spherical as the character does in the games.

I also have a .Hack//G.U. group.

Confirmed:
shino
azure kite
haseo
gaspard(me)

possible:
sylabus
ya i was looking for a .hack gathering or thread or somthing too (me and my bf are doing the oldies X3)
im gonna be ouka from .hack lott and he'll be original kite so if you guys manage to get a gathering together we'd love to come and be out of place with the G.U. ness XD
and for the roundness ness :I you couuld use like... irrigation tubing or somthing like they use in really cheap hoop skirt designs so it wouldnt be so heavy i dunno x o x