2011 Looking for Cosplayers? Who's Going? & Who As? Thread

Started by BSaphire, August 02, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

Rin_chan

Last year I went as Toph from the Last Airbender. This year I'm planning a K-ON! cosplay with my friends, she'll be Yui and I'll be Azu-nyan. We're trying to talk another friend into being Ritsu, so here's hoping!

anyone else doing K-ON!?

azreale

Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

squishynin

It's my first time cosplaying this year, so it's gonna be a real adventure.

Gonna be walking around as Taokaka (Blazblue) all day, every day, probably.
:D

Enkai

Mikael and I have fairly definite plans for 3 costumes

Timeskip Kittan and Yoko from TTGL
Oda Nobunaga and Nouhime from Sengoku Basara
Madame Red and Grell from Kuroshitsuji

I kinda want to remake my Miria costume (Baccano!), in which case Mikael *may* be able to find the items for Isaac (kinda doubtful). 

Additional costume possibilities for me (ones I already have and can pretty much just pull out)
Pururin (Welcome to the NHK) - fairly likely; I've only worn it twice
Tokiha Mai (My-HiME) - kinda likely; want to get decent photos, and I may be able to get the rings done
Random Hufflepuff student/Hannah Abott depending on my hair at the time - probably only if it's a chilly weekend

Hakaru_chan

AS PRODUCER OF THE MASQUERADE GROUP - "Undergrad Heroes" (we won the second time we ever performed). I NEED YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS FOR MASQUERADE IDEAS!

MY KIDS TEND TO GET BZ ABOUT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR WITH COLORGUARD AND BREAKDANCING PERFORMANCES (which I'm also proud to say they win numerous awards in) and we haven't been able to really come up with anything atm...  :)

I need ideas and I know there's many people out there who have great ideas for shows but nobody to help with producing it.

WE CAN MAKE YOUR MASQUERADE IDEA COME TRUE!

~ I humbly ask tho that your ideas stay reasonable and physically possible lol. I also would like if your idea is somewhat related to a school kind of theme because thats what we're known and good for. I mean, we are called undergrad heroes because of the school themes we perform.

SOME BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT US:

- We are a total of about 14 to 15 performers. I know you can't have that many at fanime but we rotate our people around taking turns as stage ninjas.
- Our skills include singing (the girls have musical performance backgrounds), breakdancing, tricking, flipping, colorguard, drumline and doing physically difficult stuntwork.
- We have about 4 girls and the rest/most of us are guys.
- If you need more of one of the other gender. We can take care of that.

IF WE USE YOUR IDEAS FOR OUR SKIT WE WOULD DEFINITELY GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR YOUR WORK.YOU WILL BE MENTIONED IN THE SKIT DESCRIPTION WHEN THEY GIVE THE PERFORMANCE INTRODUCTION.

Thank you all for your time and considerations!  :)

-Hakaru
Producer of the "Undergrad Heroes"
Fanime Maid since 09    

ADDITIONAL INFO: Here are our performance links for those who might not remember us :)

Our 2009 Skit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjY-MTonr0A

Our 2010 Skit: (Won Honorable Mention Performance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4seAQTbGWvk

Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Mora

So i WAS gonna do a leather pants/TF2 skit with two of my friend's but they're flaking out. I live in the East Bay area and if you live near this area (Berkeley/Oakland/Albany/San Francisco/San Jose/Fremont) please please PLEASE drop a message if you are interested. I REALLY wanna do this skit. It seems like it'll be such a good one, and the parts that i need are Bakura/Scout#2 and Yami/Spy. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope! D:

Touya no Miko

OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Hakaru_chan

we were already thinking of a parody of scott pilgrim but it may be too time consuming and could stray away from the anime focus.also.theres the fact that not too many people knew of scott pilgrim before the movie.and theres also the possiblity of the fanime public not really knowing of scott pilgrim.

it would still be a great show tho.the evil exs could be evil anime boyfriends and so on and so forth.

another problem would be the special effects.there were many effects in the movie that would be hard to stage live...

i still like the idea tho.i probably wouldn't give up on it completely..

thanks! 
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

forever adel

Many people say it's been overdone but I was just wondering who was planning on attending as a FFVII character since I am putting together a cosplay group and need a few more peeps.

These forums are so big! -_- I hope I put this in the right place..
You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

forever adel

You can find more cosplay photos and updates through my links!!
www.facebook.com/adelcosplay
www.foreveradel.deviantart.com

ichigocorcor

There is usually always a HUGE FF gathering; they should be posting up a board sometime soon.
If you follow that board, they should tell you when/where FFVII should be held.

I cosplayed Lucrecia Crescent from Dirge of Cerberus the past couple years; the gatherings were fantastic :]
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

spency_g

Is there anyone out there planning on cosplaying from soul eater this year? 

Is anyone interested in running the gathering?

(i can't find a 2011 gathering post yet...)

<(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<)

spency_g

Anyone out there interested in a Warhammer 40K gathering.

Im making a Vindicare assassin costume.
My friend is making a servator costume.

(if someone wanted to cosplay as Taldeer that would be amazing, since im cosplaying as LIIVI)
<(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<)

Kuudere

Quote from: Rin_chan on January 04, 2011, 12:12:08 PM
Last year I went as Toph from the Last Airbender. This year I'm planning a K-ON! cosplay with my friends, she'll be Yui and I'll be Azu-nyan. We're trying to talk another friend into being Ritsu, so here's hoping!

anyone else doing K-ON!?

Fun! I did a K-ON group last year with myself and 4 friends. We had all the girls covered (even had the only Azu-nyan at the gathering) in the Don't Say Lazy costumes. Got stopped for pictures a lot. You're gonna have fun! I might wear my Yui costume again this year for the heck of it, but I won't have my group. :(

This year my main costume is Celty from Durarara. I'm looking forward to seeing all the other DRRRers since it looked like the gathering last year was exciting.

EJAY420

hiroku from Naruto Shippuuden
alphonse elric (armor) from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Most Impressive.

Miradori

I'm afraid prior obligations do not allow me to run this gathering, but I am going as Tsubaki this year! And would be very interested in attending this gathering!

kittymaxwell2004

Quote from: kannazuki on December 17, 2010, 01:41:17 PM
Any Tales of cosplayers?  I was hoping to find an Abyss group to meet up with, since I'll be going as Natalia this year :3

My friend and I are going to cosplay Sheena and Colette from Tales of Symphonia! We're not really enough to be a group but we'd love to meet up! :3

rini_mai

Quote from: azreale on August 04, 2010, 09:49:28 AM
i have a very long list of cosplays planned for this year! if anybody wants to cosplay as someone from the same anime or whatever for gatherings or photos heres my list:

Sango (inuyasha)
Ryo Ohki & Ken Ohki (tenchi universe)
Flareon (pokemon)
Taokaka (BlazBlue)
Den (FMA)
Nina (FMA)
futuristic Toph (atla)
Makoto nanaya (Blazblue)

Let me know what you guys think or w/e!
I was going to go as Riza Hawkeye from FMA.

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

ispyangie

I'll be going as Pocahontas(Disney), Zatanna Zatara(DC Universe), and Tifa Lockhart(FFVII). ^_^
As Tifa, I'll be accompanied by a Yuna(FFX) & Yuffie(FFII).
Tweet @ispyangie