2011 Looking for Cosplayers? Who's Going? & Who As? Thread

Started by BSaphire, August 02, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

envirion

Quote from: colebrittania on February 28, 2011, 07:18:46 PM
Is anyone cosplaying Mass Effect? And is there possibly a gathering? I'd like people to meet up with since i've never been to fanime and I don't think anyone is going with me :I

I'm hopefully bringing Kasumi Goto and (also hopefully) persuading my friend into an Alison Gunn dress. ;D
I think there needs to be more people for an "official" gathering but I'm keeping my eyes out. >w>

You should check out the Mass Effect meetups thread if you're planning on more than Fanime too!  ;)

LastExile

Quote from: username_error on January 24, 2011, 06:43:37 PM
Honestly I'm looking for anyone who will pay homage to that wonderful webcomic.

I'm cosplaying Cain... is anyone else?

I love you so much right now.
youhavenoidea

username_error

Geeze, LastExile, don't you wish you would have talked to me on dollars bbs last night then? -shifty eyes-

Yeah I should be working on him right now actually....... /lazy.
Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

LastExile

Quote from: username_error on March 10, 2011, 11:07:34 AM
Geeze, LastExile, don't you wish you would have talked to me on dollars bbs last night then? -shifty eyes-

Yeah I should be working on him right now actually....... /lazy.

I REGRET NOTHING.

Anyway. I have time right now. So if you are still lazy, make a room in the BBS chat, and I'll talk.

LastExile

Quote from: bean on February 27, 2011, 06:15:30 PM
Don't know how well posting here would work, but I'm considering the option of starting a gathering for Knite (a webcomic by DA artist Yuumei http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/Knite-Chapter-1-151132545). Anyways, if anyone is interested, please let me know! Time, place and date are completely negotiable. If there's 10+ people who are interested, I'll make this official. :]

If you guys know people would are interested, please spread the word!

I am so interested it's ridiculous. I don't know if I'll be able to afford another cosplay, but I'll do my best to whip one together for it.
Knite is worth it! >:0

airanimechiic

Is there anyone who wants to start an Air Gear gathering on Saturday? I started a fail!thread for it, so I'm hoping to find more people this time. I'm going as Akito Wanijima for now
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

heeroyuy135

Anyone planning to cosplay from Infinite Stratos? If there's a group going or enough people going, I might break out Ichika a convention early

Kites-kun

So, yeah, this ISNT a gathering. Rather, it is an FMA group for a photoshoot. I only need one of each character. But yeah, Im thinking early friday would be best~~~

LIST (who we have):
Edward: My friend Alex
Roy: Me
Kimblee: My friend Meli

Yeah, so, if youre interested in doing a shoot, just post here~~~
The time is negotiable.

EJAY420

I will be cosplaying as Alphonse Armor.
Most Impressive.

Persona3Guy

I'm looking for anybody from Bakemonogatari.
I'm planning on going as Araragi Koyomi, but from what I've seen so far there are no Bakemonogatari or Shaft gatherings on the boards =[

Junon

Just curious is there will be cosplayers here doing some Claymore.

I'm building a costume for my GF and she'll be cosplaying Teresa, but I'd like to get some pictures of her and other Claymores together if possible.

Griff223

Tiana

Hi! I am not sure if you have others doing a Disney but  few friends and I are going at a few Disney Princesses.   We have Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and possibly Belle.  Let me know if you have others!  I think getting together would be great!!! ;D

Firemage1000

Quote from: Junon on March 22, 2011, 03:32:34 PM
Just curious is there will be cosplayers here doing some Claymore.

I'm building a costume for my GF and she'll be cosplaying Teresa, but I'd like to get some pictures of her and other Claymores together if possible.

I've wanted to make my own claymore costume for about 2 years. If she really is going as Teresa i'll start working on one.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

Snippershoo

Quote from: Tiana on March 26, 2011, 04:30:42 PM
Hi! I am not sure if you have others doing a Disney but  few friends and I are going at a few Disney Princesses.   We have Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and possibly Belle.  Let me know if you have others!  I think getting together would be great!!! ;D

Hi! I'm not cosplaying as a disney princess, but I am going to try to make Silvermist by fanime for the black and white ball. Would you be interested in meeting up? :)

Kites-kun

So, for Fanime, 2011, my friends and I are doing a South Park group. And we're looking for a few missing people! Namely KEnny, Butters, Chef, ETC.

Who we have:
Cartman (me)
Kyle (My friend)
Stan (other friend)
Pip (other friend)

So, as you can see, we have an incomplete group! If your interested, either PM me here or on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tsubasakissu

Kites-kun

So, does anyone think itd be worth while to set up a South Park gahering?
I mean, we only have 4 people so far, so Im not sure @w@

Zirphex

Quote from: error00004 on August 09, 2010, 08:18:28 PM
Trying to gather a group of people to cosplay from Bioshock with me. So far I have at least 5 people but wanted to see if anyone was interested.
I'm hoping to finish my Big Daddy cosplay before Fanime con 2011 since it's a school project I don't see why it wouldn't be.
I'm looking for a Big sister, little sisters, and more splicers. The more the better.

Me and my gf are doin' splicers.
Made us some custom masks :P
MANHO!

JewishCosplayer

I know this might be a weird request, and I assure you my friends and I aren't crazy people...at least not in the dangerous way ;D We require the assistance of a Russia cosplayer for a Cosplay Music Video we wanna do.

Requirements:
1. Must have a Russia cosplay. (Any version ok. Example: Soviet Union, Military, Casual...ect.)

2. Must be attending FanimeCON 2011. If you are present for more then one day, that'd be fantastic!

3. Be able to work with a group of people, and my horrible directing skills

4. Not mind your photo or video of you being taken. You are giving us permission to post the finished product on Youtube and any pictures onto DeviantART.

5. Must be able to have fun and not take things too seriously...honestly, that's my area of expertise

Here the script...I know it's kinda confusing. But it's easy to explain in person. Altogether the video is just made up of short scenes. So the total thing, or at least the parts including Russia can be finished in one day...hopefully.

Song: Carrot & Stick - Belarus & Ukraine's Character CD

Lyrics and music can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnKLc...eature=related

~!~

(x) 3

I love you~

Belarus & Ukraine walk up behind Russia, each offering him a sunflower for his affection. Russia looks confused and slowly backs away from them, then takes off running.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you so much!

Ukraine looks heartbroken and then follows after Russia, trying to reach out to him.

Marriage, marriage, let us be married!

While Ukraine rushes off after Russia, Belarus jumps from behind a tree and wraps her arms around his waist, asking for marriage.

Love is so sweet that it hurts~
If either of them is missing,
If either of them is missing, it's not good enough!

Russia is just walking around enjoying his vodka while his sisters watch from their hiding places. Belarus is angered by the fact that he won't marry her and Ukraine is heartbroken that her family is separated.

I'm sorry!
It's alright.
It's nothing to worry about

Russia finds Ukraine crying alone. Asking her what's wrong with curiosity. She lies to him, telling her brother that all is fine. She offers him a snack but then quickly drops it and realizes that Belarus is sneaking up behind him. She runs off scared.

Everything will definitely go well!
We'll be able to help you again!

Ukraine promises as she leaves.

Congratulations!
I'm so happy! Today is our own,
special anniversary!

Belarus tells Russia, wrapping her arms around his neck. She presents him with a bottle of vodka to celebrate.

Everything shall go smoothly...

Belarus is thinking, watching him take the bottle and start to drink.

*Flashback to the previous scene with Ukraine*

Anyone who stands in our way will be...
Cursed and Hated! (x) 3

Russia doesn't notice Belarus' sudden anger, too busy consuming the 'Russian Water.'

I love you, I love you

The sisters sing with a sunflower, thinking happily of their brother.

Your giving this to me too? Thank you so much!

Russia gives Ukraine a present. She takes it with much gratitude. Hugging him tightly and expressing great happiness.

Belarus sees and goes very jealous.

I love you, I love you!!!

She demands Russia's attention by pushing Ukraine aside.

Chose me, chose me, over anyone else!

Watching the two sister's fighting, Russia takes his leave. The bottle falling to the ground from his hands as he parts.

Dependency is an aphrodisiac in love.
You see it's a fate you can't break from an-y-more!

Both sisters shout to Russia, warning him that they will never give up in their quest. He shrugs them off, not caring because he knows that even together they can't overpower him.

The scene switches to Ukraine alone, with eyes closed flashing back to a memory of how cold, dark, and lifeless Russia's land is.

I've always imagined your figure standing in a raging blizzard on a rigid, lonely night.
I've always believed you would walk toward me and see me.

She collapses to the ground in tears.

The scene then changes to Belarus, who is busy with wedding plans. She has her own fantasy of how life would be married to Russia. Both them happy and together. She falls asleep wearing his Soviet Union scarf around her neck.

Soon the rain shall freeze into snow. These beautiful snow crystals falling are like a rice shower blessing the two of us. I vow to stay with you; till death do us part.

Back to Ukraine she is speaking with Russia...but he doesn't seem interested in anything she has to say. She starts to get closer, and try to comfort him, but he only coldly pushes his sister away.

Oh, Russia dear, do you remember those days?

Those warm, gentle days when we were all together!

My chest is becoming warmer, my dependable, great little brother!

Belarus steals Russia away.

Oh dear brother, do you understand?
I will not allow you to cast your gaze on anyone, ever!
(Pulls her blade to his throat)

My chest is heating up. Could this be a blaze of someone burning? Someone burning! Someone burning! (She falls to the ground, releasing Russia from her hold.)

Both sisters find Russia once again, now with teary eyes and begging him...

Do not leave me to freeze (x) 3

-Ukraine- I want to see you and hug you again so much!

Do not leave me to freeze (x) 3

-Belarus- Hug me, huge me, hold me in your embrace!

If love were a disease, we would be dead. Want you to love more and more!

Russia tells both that they will never be together, again. Causing both to fall to the ground, grabbing at their hearts as blood begins to spills from their eyes and fingertips. They are dying...

Brother...Will you not give your signature to our (marriage) papers?

Belarus asks him. Her hands and the paper lightly covered with blood, crawling to him and grabbing onto his pant leg.

Have you already chosen another one to give your signature to?
She worries.

She sees Ukraine, It's you. It's you! And declares war with her sister.

Ukraine watches in horror as her sister engages her in battle. I'm sorry for being such a bewitching older sister!

Watching both his sister's fighting pleases Russia, for he is used and accustomed to war.

-Belarus- You should boil in that pechka over there! A befitting, blazing sanction that fit your inexcusable actions!

-Ukraine- (Refusing to fight) Let's bake bread in that pechka over there! Such a simple and happy thing to make to warm your stomach.

They finally realize that together, they have a stronger chance of getting their beloved brother. They join hands, the blood fading and turn to Russia...

Now let us finally become one together (One together, one together!)

I love you, I love you (x) 3

-Ukraine- I love you, love you, love you, I love you so much!

Do not leave me to freeze! (x) 3

-Belarus- Marriage, marriage, that's the only option!

Love is so sweet that it hurts
(Flash backs to the fighting and blood)

B: I shall carve that onto that body of yours!
U: I'll teach that very principle on your body.

Both take Russia's hands, kiss his cheeks and smile...

You see, it's a fate you can't break from an-y-more....

~!~

I wrote this entire thing, so please do not steal my ideas They aren't good enough anyway!

The roles of Belarus & Ukraine will be played by myself and my friend. With our other two friends recording. Anyone interested please let us know!  :D

-KakuiCosplay

JewishCosplayer

Quote from: airanimechiic on March 13, 2011, 06:31:52 PM
Is there anyone who wants to start an Air Gear gathering on Saturday? I started a fail!thread for it, so I'm hoping to find more people this time. I'm going as Akito Wanijima for now

Oh damn. If only I had a pink wig. I cosplayed as Simca last year and was dying to find more Air Gear cosplayers. I'd love to join an Air Gear gathering but I don't have her wig anymore, it got ruined  :'(