2011 Looking for Cosplayers? Who's Going? & Who As? Thread

Started by BSaphire, August 02, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: angel515 on May 04, 2011, 07:08:00 PM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 02, 2011, 05:35:25 PM
Anyone going as any characters from Adventure Time? I'll be there as Jake the Dog on one of the days. :D

HECK YEAH! ME! ME! I'm cosplaying as Finn! 8D *waves*
Which day exactly? I want to make sure I can meet up with you so we can go adventuring together!

Also; is there anyone going to Fanime as some characters from the webcomic Hanna is Not a Boy's Name? This Hanna needs a Galahad. ; c;

Are you going all weekend? I'm thinking either Friday or Saturday. *Says in Jake voice* Adventuring rocks man!

angel515

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 04, 2011, 07:50:05 PM
Anyone going as any characters from Adventure Time? I'll be there as Jake the Dog on one of the days. :D

Which day exactly? I want to make sure I can meet up with you so we can go adventuring together!

Also; is there anyone going to Fanime as some characters from the webcomic Hanna is Not a Boy's Name? This Hanna needs a Galahad. ; c;

Are you going all weekend? I'm thinking either Friday or Saturday. *Says in Jake voice* Adventuring rocks man!

Yup! I'm gonna be there all weekend. So either day would be ALGEBRAIC~!

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: angel515 on May 04, 2011, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on May 04, 2011, 07:50:05 PM

Yup! I'm gonna be there all weekend. So either day would be ALGEBRAIC~!

Sweet! It'll be totally MATHEMATICAL! Hopefully that weird eyed horse isn't there, that thing creeps me the math out.

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

kagaminerin02

I wonder if anyone is gonna be doing a Vampire Knight gathering!

Zirphex

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 02, 2011, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Zirphex on May 02, 2011, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on April 22, 2011, 11:09:25 PM
I have a bioshock cosplay in mind and was wondering if there was a gathering that this would fit in?

no official gathering that I know of, but i will be doing a splicer with my current gf.
not sure which day though..

Oh my gosh that will be awesome!!  :D I will be going as Eleanor Lamb in big sister form. ha ha

I believe we've decided we're going to do it saturday :D
MANHO!

fighter_for_hire

My friends and I are doing group cosplays from Nana, High School of the Dead, and Soul Eater.

Friday: Nana
Shin

Saturday: Soul Eater and High School of the Dead
Soul Eater Evans "black blood" version (for gathering only)

Komuro Takashi from 2pm+

Sunday: Soul Eater
Soul Eater Evans "black blood" version

mdarkpoet

Anyone else going to be cosplaying Blood +? I'm going to be cosplaying Saya and my fiance is going to be cosplaying Hagi.  :D

dolphinlover29

Is anyone interested in doing a Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) gathering?  I assumed there was one already, but I found to my surprise that there wasn't one already listed.  I am currently making a cosplay for Tsukimi with her fashion show dress at the end of the last episode.  If anyone would like to get together, we have to pull this off in the next few days.  Please let me know what time and place you would like to meet up at:

The FanimeCon 2011 Kuragehime Gathering
Day: TBA
Time: TBA
Meeting Place: TBA

Note: We need at least 4 people to get this confirmed!  Thanks! 

akira_chan

In no particular order, still trying to figure out how I'm gonna wear them all

-Maetel from Galaxy Express 999
-Stella from Interstella 5555
-Mai Shiranui KOF 97 version
-BB Hood from Darkstalkers
-Amanda from Metal Gear Peacewalker
-Meryl Silverburgh Metal Gear Solid 1 version
-Lilith from Darkstalkers

bibliophileemily

Quote from: fighter_for_hire on May 08, 2011, 12:56:19 PM
My friends and I are doing group cosplays from Nana, High School of the Dead, and Soul Eater.

Friday: Nana
Shin

Saturday: Soul Eater and High School of the Dead
Soul Eater Evans "black blood" version (for gathering only)

Komuro Takashi from 2pm+

Sunday: Soul Eater
Soul Eater Evans "black blood" version

You should totally come to the NANA gathering! I don't know when it is, but here's the URL: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15108.0.html
Fanime 2011 Costumes (all subject to change):
Otonashi Kyouko (Maison Ikkoku)
Komatsu Nana (NANA)
Dist the ROSE (Tales of the Abyss)
Kitarou (Gegege no Kitarou)
Mystery DC Character

singarequiem

I hope this happens! I'm not cosplaying from Kuragehime, but if you end up having a gathering then I'll definately try to stop by and take pictures :3
Friday: Gumi - Happy Sythesizer - Vocaloid
Saturday: Gumi - Nakimushi Ensemble - Vocaloid
Sunday: White Mokona Kigurumi - Clamp
Monday: Mugi - No, Thank you - K-ON!!

Edo

Hello everyone,

As you know on March 11th 2011 the massive Tohoku Earthquake struck Northern Japan. If you cosplay you have probably heard of the campaign called "Prayers from Cosplayers". By posting a photo on this page cosplayers from around the world can send Japan messages of hope and courage.

The response from cosplayers in Japan on the twitter feed has been amazing, if you have not added a photo and have been thinking about it, now is the time.

Send your pictures to the web page below with a message on an A4 size piece of paper or cardboard.

Please spread the word!

The Prayers from Cosplayers team

--------------------------------------------------
Facebook: Prayers from Cosplayers
Twitter: PFC_JAPAN
e-mail: prayers.from.cosplayers0311<at>gmail<dot>com
http://www.prayersfromcosplayers.com

TuddtFudders

Quote from: Edo on May 13, 2011, 04:20:05 AM
Hello everyone,

As you know on March 11th 2011 the massive Tohoku Earthquake struck Northern Japan. If you cosplay you have probably heard of the campaign called "Prayers from Cosplayers". By posting a photo on this page cosplayers from around the world can send Japan messages of hope and courage.

The response from cosplayers in Japan on the twitter feed has been amazing, if you have not added a photo and have been thinking about it, now is the time.

Send your pictures to the web page below with a message on an A4 size piece of paper or cardboard.

Please spread the word!

Wrong board bro

YamadaADTRAPM6

I was wondering if anyone else was going to be cosplaying from NEEDLESS.  I'm going to be Cruz from the later arcs (the pretty girls' squad school uniform) and I'll have an Adam Blade with me.  If there's anyone interested, we could start up a gathering or something, but at the moment I'm just trying to find out whether there's anyone else out there...

Edo

Quote from: TuddtFudders on May 13, 2011, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: Edo on May 13, 2011, 04:20:05 AM
Hello everyone,

Please spread the word!

Wrong board bro

Ooops, thanks for the move BSaphire! Wink

I'm living in Japan but got a chance to come out to FanimeCon last year, people who are going are lucky its a lot of fun.  I hope everyone has a good time and if you've got the time send the PFC page a message of encouragement!

Barnes

QuoteI was wondering if anyone else was going to be cosplaying from NEEDLESS.  I'm going to be Cruz from the later arcs (the pretty girls' squad school uniform) and I'll have an Adam Blade with me.  If there's anyone interested, we could start up a gathering or something, but at the moment I'm just trying to find out whether there's anyone else out there...

Maybe the Solva and Uten ("IT'S A MAGIC!") from last year will return. I hope so.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

xXPlasmidXx

Anyone else going from Doctor Who? I'm going as the Eleventh, and I was wondering if any other Whovians were showing up?

TuddtFudders

Quote from: xXPlasmidXx on May 14, 2011, 04:12:55 PM
Anyone else going from Doctor Who? I'm going as the Eleventh, and I was wondering if any other Whovians were showing up?

There was like 4 or 5 Dr. who's last years so I imagine plenty

Musicalpencil

First time Fanime goer. Bringing:

-Queen from Disney's Snow White.
-Rinoa Heartilly from FFVIII.

-Debating whether to bring my Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. It's the only other cosplay I have and though I have worn her to an anime convention before, it felt a bit weird.