Santa Clara anime fans?

Started by ArJay, August 03, 2010, 01:18:41 AM

ArJay

The only problem in going to "no name" is that I don't drive, or have the cash to do bus runs. Otherwise, I'd be all for it! =/

So far as Great America, I know where that is. Though that park is more like, around the corner and down a -lot- of blocks from me. I walked over that way once with my fiancee and his friend for in-n-out burger and needless to say I was exhausted by the time we got there. Which I think that's more closer to the Yahoo and Mcafee building. ><;

I'd like to see Great America sometime, since I know they were recently bought by the same company that comes from my home state. Be nice to see if any of it is alike or not, lol. That and the jingle for the new promo is already alike, which coming from one state to the other and hearing the same tune kind of threw me off. [Speaking about Cedar Point]

Jerry

so from the sounds of it, we [random forum members] either have to only meet and greet you [ArJay] on the internets and hang out with you in a virtual sense, until your able to find a local job to earn monies and possibly have a budget to adventure out in the world

but dont forget everyone posting is trying their best to get you motivated and meet/greet people in person someday in your semi near future.

If you have a bike [maybe if you could find one cheap or free on the internets] I would like to think you could eventually goto a no-name anime showing.

or dont forget some of us have offered rides [*cough cough*] to local events if your ever not shy at the moment to expose yourself to the outside world.

Great America can be a bit pricey for what you get unless your thinking of a season pass which is usually 'a bit' more economical... but again some of us who live in the area might be over the theme park thing... depending if theres an anime or cosplay event happening...

keep on trying your best, and of course theres always fanime next May.
Hype.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

NerdyBirdAsh

I greatly dislike that Great America has been bought out because now my childhood of Nickelodeon has been replaced my Peanuts. Don't get me wrong, I love Charlie Brown as much as the next girl...but I miss my Nicktoon Kingdom. :cccc

NOW I HAVE NO SPONGEBOB RIDE TO GO ON.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

ced1106

Quote from: ArJay on August 08, 2010, 01:19:20 PM
The only problem in going to "no name" is that I don't drive, or have the cash to do bus runs. Otherwise, I'd be all for it! =/

So far as Great America, I know where that is. Though that park is more like, around the corner and down a -lot- of blocks from me. I walked over that way once with my fiancee and his friend for in-n-out burger and needless to say I was exhausted by the time we got there. Which I think that's more closer to the Yahoo and Mcafee building. ><;

Hmm. Kinda strange that the fiance and/or friend won't give you a lift to No Name. Yahoo has a weeknight Eurogames group, but that's far from you. What would be the nearest coffee shop or hangout place?
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

elaborateflaws

I'm a Santa Clara anime fan. C:

bentoboxbobby

Hi There!

I'm one person who's a Santa Clarian, and welcome!

Sincerely,
Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

albertleturtle

Hi, hope I'm not jumping on this too late or anything, but I'm also someone who's rather new to the Santa Clara area and looking for fellow anime fans I could potentially meet go to fanime with and have a lot of fun with.
I'm a freshman at Santa Clara University living in the dorms and apparently the anime club that was running at the university no longer exists (I'm assuming that the founders graduated 2010 and not enough people were around to start it up again).
Like a lot of people here, I'm pretty shy especially with my fandom (been actually getting a little homesick because of it) so knowing that I have even one friend up here who I can talk anime with without shame would make me feel a whole lot better ^^;
Also, if there's anyone here who goes to SCU please by all means speak up! I wasn't kidding when I said I was feeling lonely here, so even knowing of your existence would mean a lot to me.

EdOfNoName

Quote from: albertleturtle on September 24, 2010, 11:01:06 PM
I'm also someone who's rather new to the Santa Clara area and looking for fellow anime fans I could potentially meet go to fanime with and have a lot of fun with.

Welcome! The No-Name Anime club's next meeting at the Santa Clara City main library is on the afternoon of Saturday October 2nd, http://www.nnanime.com . Please join us if you can.

Jerry

@ albertleturtle - Welcome to the Fanime forums! the bay area has plenty of anime/manga fans so I'm pretty sure you'll make new friends pretty easily. its as simple as saying hello and starting a conversation if you have you similar interests --- even if its on the internets.  :)

Have you ever been to fanime before? Where are you originally from? sure its tough when your home-sick so even having a few new internet or irl friends to nerd chat will help out and if you check out the other threads in this meeting and gatherings section you'll get a sense of who's been around these forums for a while.

As Ed has mentioned there is a local anime group called "No name anime" check out their website at  www.nnanime.com -

there are also 2 other events going on this weekend! from 10am to 5pm
such as the spirit of Japantown which is really easy to get to by Lightrail, in down town san jose.

after 5pm in the evening: a gathering for dinner of local anime fans [previously known as the Fani-mafia group*(not realy a mafia just fyi)] are having a dinner at a local italian restaurant. [Olive garden]

So there you go! Feel free to post here or around other threads and welcome to the forums. 

albertleturtle

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm feeling a lot better now, I guess it's the whole first week culture shock and all XD

I have not been to fanime before! I'm from Southern California so I've been to AX 4 years and Comic Con 1 year (this year actually ^^). I've been wanting to check out fanime, so I'm working on getting the funds for it (college student remember OTL). Luckily fanime isn't for a while yet (May right?) so hopefully by then I'll have proper funds for all three cons.

Of course with the whole being a college student and all comes the ever present lack of funds and lack of car and what not. Also the schedule is a bit tight, but I do intend on checking out No Name Anime eventually. May also venture a first trip down the Lightrail to check out Japantown this weekend if the schedule allows.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome guys! I really appreciate it and hope to see/talk to you more on the forums :D

Jerry

i know the life of the starving student (daydreams) in a way i sorta miss those days... sleeping in, missing class, eating top ramen as my main source of food, using the internet to goof off and watching anime 24-7 into the late/early hours of the night... almost never studying... those were the days... makes me wonder how i even got thru college.  :P

A So. Cal person huh? eh, yah its a minor culture shock, cuz ive heard anime/cosplay fans are pretty close down there... but we have tons of anime nerd groups here too... just give it some time, just hold onto a random manga, sing along with your favorite jpop/rock between or while waiting for classes, wear anime related fashion or recognizable gear on your person... and im sure some other non-shy anime fanboy or fangirl will say hello.

and if your too afraid of the light rail - im sure you can organize a carpool with friends once you get to know the 'regulars' around here...

its been kinda quiet on these forums since fanime is on Memorial day weekend [possible finals/hell week for you...] so plan accordingly with your schedule so you can survive school and make it to fanime.

good luck with the budget thing, and dont forget you can volunteer or even join staff, to help out have less expenses to worry about. Check out the staff/volunteer forums and see if theres a department that might interest you.

Good luck, and maybe some from the forums might see you this weekend or vice versa.

EdOfNoName

Quote from: Jerry on September 29, 2010, 08:36:17 AM
there are also 2 other events going on this weekend! from 10am to 5pm
such as the spirit of Japantown which is really easy to get to by Lightrail, in down town san jose.

Yea, Spirit of Japan Town should be good. It's too bad that this month's No-Name Anime ended up conflicting with it.

Quote from: albertleturtle on September 29, 2010, 09:45:45 AM
I really appreciate it and hope to see/talk to you more on the forums :D

Whether it's in-person or on-line, see you later...