looking for help for possible Yaoi Con 2010 skit?

Started by Jerry, August 09, 2010, 09:41:15 AM

Jerry

hi again guys - It's Jerry and of course I was Russell from Disney/pixar's UP movie at FanimeCon 2010.

So...
After chatting with some friends, one of my friends dared me to goto Yaoi Con 2010 [this October]...
another friend up'ed the ante thought that If i had a skit would be fun/hilarious too.

problem is i dont have a cosplay group. anyone willing to assist me?

So I'm looking for any or all of the following--- Doug cosplay, Kevin Cosplay or Mister Carl Fredrickson Cosplay. or maybe any random character from any universe at this point that would think sticking me as Russell into a skit would be a good idea...  :P

I'm open to any and all ideas as far as a skit goes, and for those familiar with Yaoi Con , I accept and understand any or all lines i may have to cross to make this a memorable and absolutely hilarious skit as possible.

maybe even participate the *gulp* bishie auction...

so please contact me at ranma23456 [at] gmail [dot] com
or reply to this thread.

Thanks for reading and your consideration!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

maikiritori

No offence, but this really should have been posted in the "Looking for..." thread.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Jerry

I totally forgot about the "looking for thread" ... I didnt mean to "offence" anyone. :P
[this is just silly playful spelling sarcasm]

However--- I figured since it was for help with the Yaoi-Con skit and not a Fanime gatherings thread,
I thought/assumed that would have been the difference. at least thats where I'm coming from.

Fanime is next May 2011, where as  Yaoi Con is this October 2010, there's a bit of a time difference.

So before I repost- Hey BSaphire/moderator, could I get a second opinion before I repost or double post in the correct thread/sub category?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

BSaphire

Quote from: Jerry on August 09, 2010, 01:30:26 PM
I totally forgot about the "looking for thread" ... I didnt mean to "offence" anyone. :P
[this is just silly playful spelling sarcasm]

However--- I figured since it was for help with the Yaoi-Con skit and not a Fanime gatherings thread,
I thought/assumed that would have been the difference. at least thats where I'm coming from.

Fanime is next May 2011, where as  Yaoi Con is this October 2010, there's a bit of a time difference.

So before I repost- Hey BSaphire/moderator, could I get a second opinion before I repost or double post in the correct thread/sub category?
Hey there Jerry :)

A couple of things:

This thread doesn't really belong in this section of the Fanime forums since it isn't about a FanimeCon Cosplayer Gathering or Cosplayer event... thus when I am done posting this I will be locking it.

Your best bet to find other people for this, to get feedback on skit ideas, or to find others going to Yaoi Con would be one of two places for sure. The Yaoi Con Forums or the Yaoi Con section of the Cosplay.com forums. There are other places, but most of us cosplayers that attend Yaoi Con will be on one of those forums.

As for participation in the Bishounen Auction... the way the auction is set up, it is a pretty safe bet you probably wouldn't be thrown up there to be sold unexpectedly. Once you have seen the auction you will understand. The bishounen put a lot of work into their parts for the auction and the staff work their booties off. Go and watch it this year and you will understand. If you are interested in being a bishounen you will need to talk to them (maybe during Yaoi Con this year.) You might be able to participate in the Bishie Bingo, but again contact them to find out.

For those who do not know, To be a part of Yaoi Con (attendee, staff, participate in, etc) you MUST be 18 years of age or older & have identification to prove it. There are no exceptions to this rule due to California laws.

Jerry, if you have any questions just pm or shoot me an email and I will help in any way I can. You can post something in the "Look for cosplayer" thread, but I would recommend adding that they need to be 18 + years of age so you don't get someone who can't attend because of age.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC