Marriot or Hilton: Which to choose?

Started by CosplayDevotee, August 14, 2010, 01:56:49 AM

Junon

Quote from: Affliction on January 11, 2011, 08:32:07 PM
:-\ So it looks like no matter what every hotel seems to have a problem. *sighs* This is difficult. I prefer the Marriot, but I don't like the sound of the payment issues and this year my group WILL be driving a car rather than taking the train so we will need to house a car and I agree with Junon, I understand these people are trying to make a living, but it isn't in my budget at ALL to be forking over no less than $40 a day in tips.  :-[

If you're going to have a car involved, I found Crowne Plaza and Hilton the best for parking arrangements over the others. Out of the two on parking arrangements, I would choose Crowne Plaza as it's such a no hassle to get in and out (because of traffic and people). Hilton's underground entrance ain't so bad either, but you have to go through all the traffic of both cars and people just to get in. Either way, you have freewill to enter and exit the con with your car and not wait 45 minutes for valet.

Also, $40 in tips is just the amount I set for myself to give out. They didn't demand that much. I have friends in the service industry who tell me how important tips are to make a living, so I support tipping when I can. However I mostly only support it when I ask for the service, and not when it's forced upon me.

I think if you give them a couple of dollars each way, it'll be fine. It's not like they're giving your car a wash and waxing on top of parking it for you. :p

Man...

I remember the simpler times of Fanime when there were no Hotels and it was a single day event. So much easier! :p

I also miss Fanime being across from Great America, that was an awesome double-header!

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: ewu on January 11, 2011, 09:31:32 PM
cup half full people! perfection will never be attained with ~120 a night. Its about balancing the tradeoffs.

Take these comments and use them to make the best decision as to what the best place to stay is.

As they say, you pay to play.
Oh don't worry! I didn't want to come across as ungrateful!  :-[ There are just so many to choose from this year is all. This used to be much cheaper for myself and others because my group of people that go were all dating but now some have married so 5 bank accounts are now 3! Makes it more expensive haha. No biggie though!

Rin_chan

Quote from: Stythys on August 14, 2010, 04:50:00 PM
fairmont ftw ;)
YEAH!

staying here for the first time this year, was at the marriott last year, really nice hotel, comfy rooms, but the elevator situation killed my patience with annoying people.

EJAY420

Elevators, no room Windows, no bathroom locks and small rooms are the reasons why I don't book at either the Marriott and Hilton. I've been at every hotel listed.......both Hilton and Marriott will never see me again.
If this is your first time at either these hotels, I recommend u try these out first. I will be waiting for your reviews after your stay.
Most Impressive.

Rin_chan

Did anyone else stay at the Marriott last year and catch the party in one of the elevators? Just a group of people with a small stereo dancing and yelling whenever the door opened on a floor.

First time it was funny, fifth time.....not so much.

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: Rin_chan on January 19, 2011, 08:29:23 PM
Did anyone else stay at the Marriott last year and catch the party in one of the elevators? Just a group of people with a small stereo dancing and yelling whenever the door opened on a floor.

First time it was funny, fifth time.....not so much.
OMG I KNOW! I didn't even belong in that hotel! One of my friends was rooming in the Marriot and just the ONE time that I needed to use the elevator it went up and down so much with them in it that I walked up the stairs.  ::)