Any Mother/Earthbound fans here?

Started by Solar, August 16, 2010, 10:06:33 PM

Solar

I think that more people should know the Mother series, but NoA only released Earthbound in USA, and i think that thats the reason why it's not well known, because only one game has been released in America, what do you guys think?
FanimeCon 2011 cosplay:
Pokemon Trainer Red
Either Ness, or Ninten(most likely Ninten, but i dunno yet)
Maybe Shinichi Kudou
--
Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Ni Hao Nyan Goujasu Derishasu Dekaruchaa!

G.I.R

Never heard of either.  Explain more.

c2chaos

^ You maybe be familiar with the characters Ness and Lucas from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Those two are from a series called "Mother" in Japan. Today there are 3 Mother games, Ness is from Mother 2 and Lucas is From Mother 3. In the United States, Mother 2 was released as EarthBound, however, this game didn't get much attention during it's time and there were only limited copies of it. Therefore, it is a rare game and is sought out by collectors and people who generally appreciate good RPGs. Mother 1 was dumped from it's original NES cartridge, hacked, and patched and released to be played on NES emulators as EarthBound Zero. Mother 3 was originally developed for the SNES but was moved onto the Nintendo 64 and would have been released as EarthBound 64, but after series of graphic engine failures, it was dropped. In later years, it was finally released on the Gameboy Advance, only in Japan with limited copies. There was no news of it's release in the States and people couldn't wait any longer, so, like the first Mother, it was dumped, hacked, and patched in English by avid fans. I heard rumors of it becoming available for download on the Wii but I haven't checked it out because I don't own a Wii, anyway.

What makes this game great!?
Well, it has very unique characters and has a signature art style. You can name your character and your special PSI attack as well as a few other things. (I called my PSI attack "ADOKEN" similar to Ryu's Hadouken. XD) Things in this game are very "punny" and quirky. It's got great music and a great storyline. It has a simple battle system, there was a little something different between Mother 2 and Mother 3's but it's nothing that new players or players who favor the old system couldn't get used to.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Raydere

I've finished Mother 3.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

c2chaos

^ Likewise! I like how it takes you view different perspectives.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.