increasing number of creepers at fanime?

Started by udonoodle, August 27, 2010, 09:20:48 PM

Rhornez

holy crap so far thankfully no one creeped me and i dress like Near and L most of the time *phew*

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Nina Star 9

Now that it has been mentioned. I have had minor problems at the B&W Ball... mostly with people who ask for a dance, I turn them down for whatever reason (I'm tired, they're smelly, they give off a creepy vibe, whatever), and then they keep tracking me down and asking. I'll dance with someone again if they ask, or I'll dance with someone if they ask again and I was just resting, but after rejecting them twice, they should get the hint that I simply don't want to dance with them (or dance with them again). Nothing too serious, though.

Though, some people's hands have wandered a bit too low while dancing, but nothing that seemed like a deliberate grope, so I've always let it go... Ballroom dancing (or dancing of any kind, really) isn't an excuse to grope someone. I'm still just blaming it on it being a bit difficult and/or awkward to hold someone's waist (especially when they are fairly small) if both partners aren't that experienced with dancing, since most of time, they immediately corrected and raised their hands again. But that's a lesson to potential creepers -- just because someone lets you into their personal space for one thing (a hug, dancing, etc.) doesn't mean that you have permission to grope them.

EJAY420

just send the female creeps to me. EJ will take good care of em.
Most Impressive.

LOVE.SAE

I always wanted to go to the black and white ball, but I didn't know people were friendly enough to ask others to dance, I guess this is a good and bad thing depending if you meet the right people ):

I was reading this and thinking, "I had some pretty bad experiences, but I gotten over all of the- waaaaaait..." and then I remembered about five years ago, my first year at fanime, I was crying my eyes out because of something that happened so I sat down against the wall on the second floor where the stair entrance was and then a man came up to me and asked if he could photograph me. I was still crying when he asked me this and I answered "No, sorry, I've been crying." and he looked at me confused as to why I replied negatively and says "oh oh I see, you're crying?" At this point, I was speechless, and I was still crying so I started looking at my feet again and the man was still standing there watching me. And then he ask, "Can I take a picture of you when you're done crying?" I don't remember much after that... I might have cried more or my friend found me.

TT________TT Can't believe reading this thread brought up such a memory.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: EJAY420 on January 10, 2011, 12:36:53 AM
just send the female creeps to me. EJ will take good care of em.

Will you eat them?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on January 10, 2011, 01:14:33 AM
I always wanted to go to the black and white ball, but I didn't know people were friendly enough to ask others to dance, I guess this is a good and bad thing depending if you meet the right people ):

Yeah, people are always asking others. The majority of them are really nice, though it can be a bit awkward when someone tries to pull you in a little closer than you'd like. (My solution -- chiffon petticoats. They keep a nice amount of distance and don't crush too easily. Plus, it's fun to dance in~) It's not super traditional, so you can ask guys if you are feeling brave. Or girls. I've probably danced with just as many girls as I have guys. (Brolitas are another story, haha.)

That other guy sounds more oblivious than creepy to me. Some people just don't understand that there are time when a cosplayer doesn't want a picture taken. It would be creepier if he had insisted on taking pics of you crying, especially if he made you pose sexy or super moe or something.

Hakiro

My input in this is that

These creepers do such things because they know you won't do anything back.

Rin_chan

Quote from: Hakiro on January 25, 2011, 08:13:12 PM
My input in this is that

These creepers do such things because they know you won't do anything back.

I never thought about it that way, but it's a good point.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom