At-Con prereg

Started by Mango Bunny, September 09, 2010, 11:38:41 PM

Mango Bunny

Hey, I know you can reg for next year the last day of the con, but I've never actually looked into, well, where that happens! I was just wondering in case I'm actually up and awake at that time next year. Also, I'm just curious.

Kyra_Maverick

I pre-regged for 2010 during the 2009 convention by lining up near the registration tables/booths on the bottom floor where you pick up your badge and otherwise register for the con. I got in line around 9:00 or 10:00am. Only 3 or 4 people were processing 2010 registrations, so it took a while for the line to move. I think they closed the pre-reg line when they closed the at-con line around 12:00.

Oh yeah, this all happens on Monday morning.

chifunii

I pre-regged for 2011 this year on the last day, and I also pre-regged for 2010 last year on the last day of that con.

They open at around 9AM, through the gated walkway (When you first enter the convention center, straight ahead there's that black fence/gate/door). There will be a sign saying where the line is forming in front of the gates. Usually it's on the right side, and the line is usually pretty short that time of day.

The past two years I've been lucky enough to wander past right when the line opens, so I've gone through it pretty quickly. I can't really tell you how long the wait is normally...~

They close around noon though, so make sure you get there before that!
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

ewu

IIRC, in previous years we opened up at 11 or 12 and took the next year's regges till about 3 or 4. It would be announced in all the exhibit halls.

This year, I believe that we opened when pre-reg pickups slowed and we were able to devote space and staff to the task. That happened to be around 9.

I know that the aim of this was to give insiders some benefit from coming year after year. Pay attention and when con comes, ask the reg staff and they should have a better idea how we will be doing it for 2012 regges.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom