Booking hotel early, good idea?

Started by Lan Moore, September 10, 2010, 12:21:59 AM

Lan Moore

Well I heard that you can book a hotel room before fanime prices even go up and once they do you could have the hotel change it to Fanime prices and I was wondering if that was true. I can't seem to find the topic or any topic I read that from last year.

Jerry

i knew a couple of friends that decided to book early just to be extra sure, and then canceled their reservation once the official Fanime Blocks were released.

Technically you can book hotel rooms for the Memorial Day weekend of 2011 - but you will pay/reserve and normal rates...

just have an insider or watch for the official room blocks to be released [last year was mid January] and I'm sure the staff will be working hard to get that info to you as soon as possible.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

michiko nakano

yeah you can book a room early, but if you want to change it to the fanime rates you won't be getting the same one, you'll have to cancel your first one and then switch to the fanime one.  So it's not that effective.  I was one of the people Jerry mentioned that did that last year.

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on September 10, 2010, 11:48:11 AM
yeah you can book a room early, but if you want to change it to the fanime rates you won't be getting the same one, you'll have to cancel your first one and then switch to the fanime one.  So it's not that effective.  I was one of the people Jerry mentioned that did that last year.

actually, you kinda sorta reserved the wrong 'memorial' day weekend ;)
Good think you caught that and got your tip about the Fanime Block rooms -  ;D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

michiko nakano

Quote from: Jerry on September 10, 2010, 11:51:30 AM
actually, you kinda sorta reserved the wrong 'memorial' day weekend ;)
Good think you caught that and got your tip about the Fanime Block rooms -  ;D
grrrrrrr...

Mayhem

Fanimecon has already locked down its hotel room blocks for it's reservation system. Right now your probably better off waiting until Fanime opens housing, as most hotels have no rooms available during the convention on their reservation systems, and those that do only have single bed (1-2 person occupancy) available.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!