SNAFU Con: 10/22-10/23, Reno NV

Started by Skyline, September 12, 2010, 02:09:36 PM

Skyline

I'm a bit surprised there was no thread for this one yet.

The folks at the Anime & Manga Society of the University of Nevada Reno (AMS), in conjunction with the local gaming/anime/manga/cosplay community, are pleased as punch to present Reno's first anime convention:  SNAFU Con! (Sierra Nevada Anime Fans Unite!)

Festivities will begin at 12 noon on Friday, October 22nd, and will coincide with AMS' annual SHADOWS gathering of amazing people and geekdom.  The train doesn't stop until the stroke of midnight on Saturday 10/23 (12:00AM Sunday 10/24 if you want to be technical :3 ), culminating with the Rave.

Video rooms, programming, as well as the tabletop and console gaming areas, will be open throughout the convention.  For those looking to feed that competitive edge, gaming tournaments will also be held.

Artist and vendor areas will be on site for those looking to take home a treasure.

There is also a 50-lane bowling center on-site.  Cosplay bowling anyone?

For registration and additional information, including a list of our guests/artists/vendors/amenities, and information on how you can spread the word about us, please visit us at:

http://www.snafucon.com

If you'd also like to volunteer, or otherwise lend a hand to make this con one to remember, please contact us.

Venue information:
Grand Sierra Resort
2500 E. Second Street
Reno, NV 89595

We look forward to seeing you there!
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

Cole

I'll be there with some friends and my bf.  I'm selling in the AA. ^ ^

Skyline

Nice!  Glad to have you aboard.  :D