KINTOKI-CON JUNE 18-19, 2011! 3 weeks away!!

Started by Cole, October 08, 2010, 11:02:04 AM

fishesloverice?

Seems fun   ;D I live in the Sacrememto area so I might be able to go. (If my parents would let since I'll also be attending SacAnime and Fanime and possibly AX  :-\ )
私の最後の意志で!

Somebody

I'm a watching this thread now~  :P
Even though I already watch the Kintoki-con forums  :D
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Cole

Quote from: fishesloverice? on November 26, 2010, 11:54:30 PM
Seems fun   ;D I live in the Sacrememto area so I might be able to go. (If my parents would let since I'll also be attending SacAnime and Fanime and possibly AX  :-\ )
Good thing with ours is that you can get away with telling them this one is more of a anime/cultural convention. =)

Quote from: Somebody on November 27, 2010, 08:21:37 AM
I'm a watching this thread now~  :P
Even though I already watch the Kintoki-con forums  :D

Lol

Help with advertising pls? X3

c2chaos

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Cole

Cole

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voice of Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex & Second Gig, and Julia from Cowboy Bebop will be at Kintoki-con 2011~

She was confirmed on Friday January 7th. =)

http://kintoki-con.com/goh/marymcglynn.html

Cole

HOTEL REGISTRATION IS ONLINE!

Hotel rooms come with two free badges and a free event pass. For more details or to book a room visit: http://kintoki-con.com/registration/hreg.html

Cole

From the Team4D DA.

As some of you may have heard, 4th Dimension Entertainment now is running it's own convention--Kintoki-Con. It is an Anime convention but we are also including elements from other Asian arts and culture, such as Chinese and Korean.

It will be held in Sacramento, California, at the Downtown Hyatt on June 18 and 19 (with a special preview night and guest dinner on the 17th). That is right across the street from the state capitol!

While we are including all the classic elements of an anime con, we are also having a more heavy focus on the industry then most, including workshops from industry professionals on everything from Voice Acting 101, to Drawing for Manga (Yes, with actual Manga artists from Japan).

You can find out all the details at Kintoki-Con.com

We already have a few awesome guests lined up.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who voiced The Major (Motoko Kusanagi)from Ghost in the Shell, and Julia from Cowboy Bebop, and Catwoman in the upcoming Batman Year One animated movie, among countless other well known characters (as well as having a stellar career as a voice director), will be participating in both panels and workshops (and signing autographs). Check out more about her career here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569479/ and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_McGlynn

Richard Epcar, who voiced Batou from Ghost in the Shell, Jigan from Lupan the III, and Myotismon from Digimon (Just tossed that in for fun), among dozens and dozens of other famous characters in anime and video games, and who has a solid career in Voice Direction as well, will be participating in both panels and workshops (and signing autographs). Check out more about his career here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Epcar and here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0258268/

Ryusuke Hamamoto is world famous as both a Manga artist and Toy Designer. His Petite Eva series for Gainax propelled him into fame, where his unique anime style was commissioned by several companies to create lines of figurines for everything from Neon Genesis Evangelion, to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, to Gurran Lagann! His work has become so popular that it is now released under the heading of "R-Style," for Ryusuke! AND soon to be released in the U.S., just in time for Kintoki-Con, will be one of Ryu's original Manga series, LR Shoujo Tanteidan (LR Girls Detective), set to be published by 4th Dimension Entertainment (Hey that's totally us)! Ryusuke will be participating in panels and workshops for drawing and Manga production, as well as talking about his original works and figurine line! (And yes, there will be autographs!!!)

More AMAZING guests will be announced soon so keep watching!

In addition to amazing guests, we also will be having a world class, one of a kind Video Game tournament, with a well over $500.00 in prizes! It is called the Master of Games Tournament! This is a cross platform, multi-generational game tourny! What do I mean by that? I mean that to get the $500.00 grand prize you have to prove your unquestionable superiority as a gamer, not just on the PS3, Wii, and 360, but on the Atari, Intellivision, TurboGrafx, and many others--including the Virtual Boy (so "pain wavers" might have to be a requirement HA HA HA!).

Our Masquerade is being carefully planned as we speak. We are avoiding all the pitfalls that have plagued the Masquerades of some of the larger cons though careful planning... and better prizes. $500+ in prizes will be up for grabs so start getting those costumes ready!

We will also have a full Maid and Butler cafe, with a full menu of Asian and Western delicacies made just for Kintoki-Con, hosted in the the hotel's actual restaurant which we will be taking over for the festivities!

Of course there will be a full dealers hall, and artist alley, not to mention music, cars, a swap meet, and ton of other amazing stuff I will update more on soon!

What do you think so far? Pre-Reg is up on Kintoki-Con.com for those interested, and comes with a bag of totally awesome swag, not available to non pre-reg attendees!

-E

Cole

Masquerade info is online for viewing! http://kintoki-con.com/Events/Masq.html Masquerade Registration goes online March 1st!!

Cole

Kintoki-Con is proud to host the debut appearance of Moon Stream, the new musical unit of Satsuki (ex RENTRER EN SOI) and Tomo Asaha (echostream)!
Stay tuned for more information about the band's live concert, panel lectures, autograph sessions and more special events!

http://kintoki-con.com/goh.html

fishesloverice?

Quote from: Cole on March 29, 2011, 08:17:25 PM

Kintoki-Con is proud to host the debut appearance of Moon Stream, the new musical unit of Satsuki (ex RENTRER EN SOI) and Tomo Asaha (echostream)!
Stay tuned for more information about the band's live concert, panel lectures, autograph sessions and more special events!

YES
私の最後の意志で!

Cole

Quote from: fishesloverice? on March 30, 2011, 06:04:40 PM
Quote from: Cole on March 29, 2011, 08:17:25 PM

YES

There's still more to come ;D

Hoshichips

is there a way i can be on staff or volunteer at age 17?  ???

Cole

Unfortunately only the maid cafe is allowed to have staff under 18.  All other staff must be 18+

Volunteers must also be 18+.

Cole

We have a few new guest announcements:

Moon Stream
A combination of Satsuki, ex RENTRER EN SOI member and Tomo Asaha of echostream debuting at our convention with a new sound!

Sculpture Artist Damon Bard
Damon Bard will be attending in time for Kung-Fu Panda 2 (in theaters right before Fanime!)

Faye Mata
Fay Mata is a Regional Super Smash Bros. Champion and participant in the upcoming WCG Ultimate Gamer challenge!

An Cafe's Teruki Will be joining us courtesy of Sakurai-san!

Event Pass Details

are online for viewing!

http://kintoki-con.com/eventpass.html

Cole

REGISTRATION
We know everyone is busy getting ready for Fanime but don't forget that online registration for Kintoki goes offline after June 1st!  Be sure to register before then (pre-registering helps us a lot since it lets the hotel know that people are interested). Click Here To Pre-Register!

MASQUERADE AND COSPLAY RUNWAY!
Just a reminder that Masquerade is Pre-Reg only.  If you don't pre-register online you won't be able to perform.  It's really easy!  Just Click Here To Fill Out The Form!
You don't need to apply for runway online if you don't want to, but it'd be helpful to us so we know how many to expect.  Its the same form as Masq.  Just a different section on the form. =)

Hall Cosplay
Hall Cosplay is a special Friday only event!  Meaning you must be pre-registered in order to attend and participate!

CAFE KINTOKI!
Cafe Kintoki has their website online!  However in order for the cafe to pull through they need your help, the hotel won't let us hold the cafe unless we get enough pre-regs.  Please help our cafe out by Pre-Registering!

MASTER OF GAMES TOURNAMENT
All right all you gamers!  We know you are interested but why are you not pre-registering?  It's a $500 grand prize + Faye Mata is gonna be there!  REMEMBER!  MoG is a PRE-REGISTERED EVENT!  If we don't get enough pre-registers we will be forced to cancel the tournament. =(  We don't want to though so PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE!

FANIME! - Registration, Guests, and more!
WE WILL BE AT FANIME!  If you don't have a paypal or just are too special to book online, we will be selling pre-reg weekend, saturday and sunday passes at Fanime!  We will also have some event passes as well and if you are interested in booking a room let us know and we will give you a hotel pass.  However if you fail to actually book a room the pass will be void. We will be checking.  We can also register children under 12 for a child pass for free with a paying adult!

Guests:
As some of you may have seen, ryusukehamamoto will also be at Fanime as one of their guests.  Be sure to stop by and say hi to him!  Also Team4D will have booths in the Artist Alley.

More!
We will have a few special guests will be making an appearance in the artist alley; stay tuned for more info!

SUMMARY OF EVENTS FOR KINTOKI!
Friday Night - Pre-Events Launch!
Opening Ceremonies
Pre-Reg Pick-Up (Starts at 6:30pm!)
Hall Cosplay
Dinner with the Guests
Swap Meet
Video Rooms Open
Open Gaming
Cosplay Chess
+more to be confirmed

Saturday!
Maid Cafe Open
Video Rooms
Panels
Workshops
Classes
Autographs
Performances
Moon Stream Concert
Masquerade
Masq. Intermission - Dance Performances
Master of Games Tournament - start
Other Gaming Tournaments
TCG Room
Taiko Dan

Sunday!
Maid Cafe Open
Video Rooms
Panels
Workshops
Classes
Autographs
Performances
The Dance
Filipino Martial Arts Demos
Cosplay Runway
Master of Games Tournament - finish
Other Gaming Tournaments
TCG Room
Closing Ceremonies (8pm)

Maximilian

Sounds good.  Classes should be getting out for me at least 2-3 weeks before, so I'll have more time to plan.  Heck, maybe I'll even stay up in Sacramento for the night to save the drive.  Of course I'll have to verify that my schedule's clear beforehand.
Tumblr
♠♥ Fanime 2012 ♣♦
Felt!, trickster!, and godtier!Dave (Homestuck)
TK (Angel Beats!)
Equius Zahhak

Cole

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO STOPPED BY DURING FANIME!  MOON STREAM ENJOYED FANIME BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS!!~

See you in 3 weeks for an awesome concert and awesome events!!

.::midnight.maiden::.

I've been trying really hard to convince the mumzy to let me go to Kintoki and it's not working T.T
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Cole

I hope you were able to make it out, if not there is always next year =)