Monday 11 AM
0 (0%)
other (post in a reply)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: azreale on November 16, 2010, 09:48:28 PM
hey vocaloids!!!!
what do you guys think of me bringing a small projector and screen to the gathering and playing "some" of the miku live concert?

I think that's a pretty cool idea! I've seen the concert on youtube and it was WIN ^^

c2chaos

Karaoke-ing to some vocaloid songs might be nice too.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Armored-Heart

hey vocaloids!!!!
what do you guys think of me bringing a small projector and screen to the gathering and playing "some" of the miku live concert?

Sounds cool. Or maybe random Vocaloid videos? Though, not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, it really depends on the location of the gathering. :3 It'd have to be relatively quiet enough so people can actually hear the music, and not to mention you'd probably have to get it okayed by con staff (I'm pretty sure things like blasting a boom box is frowned upon at some cons, for example). Also, you would probably have to download the concert videos since we aren't guaranteed internet access. Not all of the panel rooms do, just as another example.

Depending on how large you're planning on making this, you might want to consider hosting a panel for talking about Vocaloid/sharing videos and such. Panel rooms are equipped with projectors, screens, and chairs, which would make video-watching more enjoyable~

But of course, that's just my two cents. I'm an optimist, but I also try to be realistic~ :3
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

c2chaos

heheh. The panel would be called: "VOCALOID: World Domination!" (^_^)

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

GomenNasaiPro

i might cosplay as Kiyoteru with my gf dressed as miku

GomenNasaiPro

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on November 16, 2010, 11:45:05 PM
hey vocaloids!!!!

I think that's a pretty cool idea! I've seen the concert on youtube and it was WIN ^^

the concert was pure awesomeness

ICosplayNeji

Got promoted at work! MORE MONEY :D This means I am FOR SURE going to be at Fanime! You can get rid of the (?) by my name ^^

azreale

Attention everyone!

Please read the first post. Sadly i have to step down as this years gathering coordinator...

So sorry!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

BSaphire

Quote from: azreale on December 05, 2010, 01:20:18 PM
Attention everyone!

Please read the first post. Sadly i have to step down as this years gathering coordinator...

So sorry!
Thank you for posting (& the PM) and I really appreciate you staying on here to keep the thread updated and active for the Vocaloid cosplayers out there. Maybe ICosplayNeji would be able to do the official organizer end during Fanime??? *subtle hint XD but if someone else would like to do it that would be fine too.

There is a lot of "bumps" or "life happens" going on right now. I think that 2011 will be a hard year for cosplayers just because the "economy" hasn't gotten better fast enough for soooo many of us. I only hope that some ray of light or miracle happens for those struggling to go so that they can have 4 days of happiness cosplaying with friends at Fanime next year and that includes you azreale!

Squidge
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Armored-Heart

Attention everyone!

So sorry!

If nobody else steps up, I'd be happy to take over if you want. xD; I don't know how well I would be able to run it, to be honest; I'm pretty organized and fairly good at planning, but I'm not too sure how well I'd actually be able to get people's attention/organize people for photos (it's only my second year attending gatherings). Maybe I should invest in that Love is War megaphone. xD *kicked*

But yeah, if nobody else wants to, I wouldn't mind. I already have my flight home from college booked and my badge paid for so I know for a fact that I'm going. xD

azreale

Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 06, 2010, 01:13:21 PM
Attention everyone!

So sorry!

If nobody else steps up, I'd be happy to take over if you want. xD; I don't know how well I would be able to run it, to be honest; I'm pretty organized and fairly good at planning, but I'm not too sure how well I'd actually be able to get people's attention/organize people for photos (it's only my second year attending gatherings). Maybe I should invest in that Love is War megaphone. xD *kicked*

But yeah, if nobody else wants to, I wouldn't mind. I already have my flight home from college booked and my badge paid for so I know for a fact that I'm going. xD

Thanks so much for offering. we'll see how things go but if you're up to it then by all means ^^
this would have been my first time running a gathering and im people shy >.> so idk what i was thinking but i signed up then got my butt kicked in finances. haha  getting people to pay attention for me is like hearing Haku randomly start talking as fast as neru and bursting out in to a rock & roll solo >.> not a very good mix XD
maybe get a leek to smack people into listening? jkjk! but i wouldn't exactly put that past miku.... >.>
that is... if the megaphone doesn't work XD
keep me posted on what you'd like to do
thanks!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

ICosplayNeji

LOL Nice BSaphire XD I've never organized a cosplay gathering for something big like Fanime before. I've only co-organized stuff at MUCH smaller cons ^^; I'm gonna have to decline but if Armored-Heart takes over, I'll gladly offer to help ^^

Armored-Heart

Quote from: azreale on December 06, 2010, 01:24:51 PM
maybe get a leek to smack people into listening? jkjk! but i wouldn't exactly put that past miku.... >.>
that is... if the megaphone doesn't work XD

@azreale: I have a leek I made for my cosplay, actually. xD But it's probably not the most durable thing ever and is already showing a little wear and tear from hitting my Kaito with it. xD *slapped*

@ICosplayNeji Much appreciated. c:

I think maybe it'd be best to wait a few days or so and see if anyone more experienced with gatherings cares to step up before I do. I'm good at planning and organizing, but it would only be my second year attending gatherings and on top of that, it would be the first gathering I ever helped organize. xD;; I just want what's best for everyone. c:

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 06, 2010, 04:46:23 PM
I think maybe it'd be best to wait a few days or so and see if anyone more experienced with gatherings cares to step up before I do. I'm good at planning and organizing, but it would only be my second year attending gatherings and on top of that, it would be the first gathering I ever helped organize. xD;; I just want what's best for everyone. c:

Sounds like a good idea, but yeah, I'll definitely help in any way needed ^^

azreale

armored heart & I Cosplay neji! thanks guys so much for stepping in,  and i agree that we shouldn't be hasty about choosing the new organizer. this would have been my 1st gathering all together! XD
  we'll see how things pan out from here and im sure we'll find a good/ great candidate for it ^^

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

BSaphire

@Armored Heart & ICosplayNeji: If you two are willing to help on site I & My staff will help where we can. I know it is hard, but ICosplayNeji I am really hoping you are willing to get your feet wet in handling a gathering. I'm worried about the Naruto gathering not happening at this point.

I have my staff learn how to run a gathering onsite so helping out with the Vocaloid & Naruto gathering would be right up their learning alley & I will have those experienced staff able to assist too :) You are not alone... Welcome to the Darkside :) We serve cookies *Mwahahaha :)

As for Naruto, send me a PM, and know that you don't have to do anything more than running the gathering, but I want someone who is familiar with it to help do the gathering at least.

As for Vocaloids, if Armored Heart can handle on site then I would do it. Armored Heart that would mean you would check in with the gatherings table 15 to 30 minutes ahead of time.

If it is your first year running a gathering, I would suggest only doing the gathering and if anyone wants to do a picnic or lunch etc, take them up on their advice and let them help you organize the event.

Send me a PM if you have any questions and please let me know what all of you decide. You all have my thanks and appreciation for at least considering doing this.

Much love
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Armored-Heart

Thanks, B. I feel a bit more reassured now; though I still would rather wait and see if anyone else would like to step up before I do. I can be somewhat shy in person when it comes to people I don't know (though not as much at cons, because of hype and being surrounded by people with similar interests and whatnot) and I'm usually not the most qualified person to take charge. While there would be others helping me, which is highly appreciated, I'd prefer to not rush into the decision, since I want everyone to have a good time. <3 If nobody else wants to, I'd be happy to. But I'd just prefer to wait on it for now and see if anyone else shows interest. c:

yuixmisora

I might be going to Fanime and if I go I will most likley be cosplaying as Meiko or Miku. I most likley will have a Mikuo with me^^ :)

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Depending on the day, my friend and I will go~ :3
My friend will be Matryoshka Luka and I'll be Matryoshka Rin. x)

fishesloverice?

Sorry but I won't be able to cosplay as Alice Human Sacrifice Meiko anymore.  :'(
私の最後の意志で!