When does the Hotel reservations open for 2011?

Started by Minda91, November 06, 2010, 09:26:55 PM

Minda91

When does the Hotel reservations open for 2011? That is what I want to know.

Kyra_Maverick

Hotels probably wont be up until end of December or beginning of January.

Over the years the time frame for hotel information has fluctuated quite a bit. One year everything was up by the beginning of December, but then 2 years after that information wasn't up until February.

Keep checking the forum and main site every few days and you'll be sure to catch the reservations as they're put up. 

Jerry

simply put please remember -- that ALL of the staff positions including the Executive Staff / chairs are volunteer positions.
remember we're by fans and for fans...

with that in mind - please understand that even the request of having registration, hotel reg, and website--- we cant just wave a magic wand and make it happen...

all i can ask/comment is that you please be patient and diligent on checking the website, twitter, facebook and other Fanime Contacts in order to get the information you obviously and extremely eagerly crave.

if you still think that the staff is not living up to your expectations... your completely welcome to your opinions, but we ask that you be respectful and understand that patience is a virtue... and FanimeCon is a privilege NOT a right because your a bay area anime fan.
if you still think more changes are needed then join staff and make a difference --- that is if your the proper age to join staff.
if not, then enjoy FanimeCon for what it is, and not judge something just because its not within your control.

back on topic --- As Kyra mentioned the staff hopes to have Hotel Registration and the new Fanime 2011 website as soon as possible.
and as always as with anything epic is worth the wait and a little gratitude and appreciation goes a long way.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Chesid

Quote from: Jerry on November 07, 2010, 01:32:48 AM
simply put please remember -- that ALL of the staff positions including the Executive Staff / chairs are volunteer positions.
remember we're by fans and for fans...

with that in mind - please understand that even the request of having registration, hotel reg, and website--- we cant just wave a magic wand and make it happen...

all i can ask/comment is that you please be patient and diligent on checking the website, twitter, facebook and other Fanime Contacts in order to get the information you obviously and extremely eagerly crave.

if you still think that the staff is not living up to your expectations... your completely welcome to your opinions, but we ask that you be respectful and understand that patience is a virtue... and FanimeCon is a privilege NOT a right because your a bay area anime fan.
if you still think more changes are needed then join staff and make a difference --- that is if your the proper age to join staff.
if not, then enjoy FanimeCon for what it is, and not judge something just because its not within your control.

back on topic --- As Kyra mentioned the staff hopes to have Hotel Registration and the new Fanime 2011 website as soon as possible.
and as always as with anything epic is worth the wait and a little gratitude and appreciation goes a long way.

I don't personally think OP was being demanding or snippy, as the tone of your post infers. Rather, I think they had a legitimate question. I know I have friends that have been breathing down my neck for the prospective dates - and I've never even staffed! xD

But yes... to beat a dead horse: the best thing you can do is check every few days, especially starting in December. I have a feeling that since Pre-Reg has now opened online, it's only a matter of time before hotel registration begins. ;3
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

ewu

Quote from: Chesid on November 08, 2010, 02:13:48 AM
I don't personally think OP was being demanding or snippy, as the tone of your post infers. Rather, I think they had a legitimate question. I know I have friends that have been breathing down my neck for the prospective dates - and I've never even staffed! xD

just fyi:)
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15046.msg398979.html#msg398979
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

KyraEnsui

I haven't even put a thread for roommates yet because I knew that the hotels won't be up yet. This is my 6th year and by now, it's best to wait. The staffs will definitely let everyone know when it's up by Twitter, Facebook, fourm, etc.

Not only that, I know how much I can save up too by using last year's budget to estimate for 2011. So, patient is virtue.

Rank

How fast do the hotels normally fill up would you say?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Rank on November 12, 2010, 02:36:45 AM

Last year, it was about month and a half after it was announced. I'm only guessing.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Rank on November 12, 2010, 02:36:45 AM
Hilton and Marriott always fill up fastest. Fairmont is always last to fill up, if it does at all. As long as you aren't looking for a room two weeks before Fanime, you should be able to get in somewhere. Consecutive days might be hard to find later in the game too.

Rank

ruby19_4

yea. They do fill up fast. Let just wait and see how it goes now.

Mayhem

Fanimecon Has already locked down it's blocks for 2011. I can confirm that Fanime has a contract with the Ramada now. I found out the hard way when i went to reserve my room and couldn't. I got a hold of the Ramada regional manager and they told me that It looked like I would get a pretty good discount but I had to reserve my room threw Fanime as per their contract. I could not reserve it threw the Ramada online or on the phone This is for a 2 bed - (3+ person) room only.

Hopefully Fanime will be able to get housing up and running in the next month. I hope .... pray ... cross my fingers ... sacrifice chicken (KFC).
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: Mayhem on November 19, 2010, 12:19:33 PM
Fanimecon Has already locked down it's blocks for 2011. I can confirm that Fanime has a contract with the Ramada now. I found out the hard way when i went to reserve my room and couldn't. I got a hold of the Ramada regional manager and they told me that It looked like I would get a pretty good discount but I had to reserve my room threw Fanime as per their contract. I could not reserve it threw the Ramada online or on the phone This is for a 2 bed - (3+ person) room only.

Hopefully Fanime will be able to get housing up and running in the next month. I hope .... pray ... cross my fingers ... sacrifice chicken (KFC).

I just found this out the same way with Ramada. But I HAD a rm through them with discount and everything! They called me and told me that a mistake was made and that I had to go through FANIME to get a rm. Im really hoping to stay at Ramada like I have for the past 7 years!
Also? Does FANIME have only the single rms to?  I only need one bed for FANIME this year and really dont want to have to pay for a two bed when I dont need it (even if it is discounted...).

Minda91

Hey what about the Marriott and Hilton?
They fill up the fastest. It only takes a month or two for them to fill up.

Mayhem

Nearly all the hotels in the area are booked as Fanime Contracted all the close Hotels. This took me by surprise this is Fanime has never touched the Ramada in the Housing contracts and I reserve my hotel butt crack early in the year. There are very few hotels with rooms equipped with dual queen bed's available for fanime outside the housing contract. There are some singe rooms available right now and far more then two Bed equipped hotel rooms, but I would recommend waiting as the discounts Fanime Housing can afford you would probably be considerable considering the size and amount of rooms reserved by these contracts.

My original problem was some of the people in Press, Industry, and Vending have to submit budgets as early as December and November. This becomes especially critical if we need to get our expenses approved for reimbursement and concessions. These Deadlines are normally controlled by TAX schedules.

As fans and Normal attendees the additional housing contracts are good news and can potentially save you allot of money. If you can wait, IMHO, you should wait.
Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There!

Rin_chan

just a hunch i have personally, but i'm wondering if hotel info and other stuff is taking longer this year because the number of attendees goes up every year? to me that would make since, but i can only imagine how difficult it is to get everything going smoothly and quickly while making everyone equally as happy.

i'm just trying to exercise patience and just check the threads every few days for updates. i know they'll have everything up and running soon enough.

on a side note: does anyone know if the Howard Johnson Express Inn is usually contracted by Fanime? I stayed at the Marriott last year but i'm looking to save a bit of money at the price of walking a few blocks everyday. thanks for any info i can get!

KyraEnsui